Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gdogslim Guest

Default Kwame's boyfriend Ferguson Indicted on 8 charges

Looks like another one's going down.
    Detroit still doesn't match the Federal govt's handouts for votes.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010090...ney-laundering
    or http://detroitnews.com/article/20100...-fraud-charges

Ferguson will be arraigned at 1 p.m. Monday in U.S. District Court and faces up to 20 years in prison and fines of more than $2.5 million.
    His companies, meanwhile, could face fines ranging from $1 million to more than $10 million

About time!!! He's been long overdue for some punishment. I've hated this dude ever since he pistol whipped that guy years ago and got off with a slap on the wrist, thanks to his buddy, the felon KK. Everybody pays what's owed, eventually.

arrogance never pays [[in the long run)

humbleness does

I want the judge to sentence him to two years at hard labor -- removing that median from Livernois with a sledgehammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I want the judge to sentence him to two years at hard labor -- removing that median from Livernois with a sledgehammer.
    YES !!!
    Sounds like a no-brainer.

Like the line from the Donald Byrd classic, "watch them fall, like dominoes"

Crime knows no zip codes.

"Named in the indictment were Ferguson, 41, of Detroit; Shakib Deria, 42, of Troy, Michael Woodhouse, 52, of West Bloomfield and Calvin L. Hall, 42, of Detroit."

Amen Brother!!

They might lighten up on him, if he pigeons on Kwami and pops.

"When did it become a crime having a friendship with someone in public office?"He blogs this to the world!Look in the mirror,you will see when it became a crime.Benson,Beatty,Miller and the good man of the cloth Rev. Anthony were the folks who sat on the Detroit Building Authority board and "awarded" these contracts.I hope that the Feds. get them next.
    I always suspected Christine Beatty was guilty of something.We all know "who the fuck she is now."

Over 250 grand found in a hidden safe so the papers are reporting. And that was just one office. Bobby in deep shit. Income tax invasion will be next.

bizarre.. hopefully more information will come to light about corruption in the city...

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    bizarre.. hopefully more information will come to light about corruption in the city...
    I hope they shine a flashlight into all the dark corners of the city. Expose all of the roaches.

...I wonder will this be portrayed by some as an angle to topple "a successful black businessman"? I'd rather not see Ferguson become the latest semi-martyr alongside Kilpatrick, Conyers, Riddle, et. al..

To Hypestyles:

Sorry, but his defense attorney beat you to it and went in that direction. Quoting from the FREEP:

Gerald Evelyn, one of Ferguson's lawyers, scoffed at the charges, saying they are aimed at a hardworking businessman. "This is a minority, family-owned business that has rendered quality work," Evelyn said. He added: "There is a clear record of these transactions."

Bobbie's just another Detroit martyr being unjustly prosecuted.

What the heck does "minority, family-owned business" have to do with anything?? Are they unable to commit such crimes?

Quote Originally Posted by Packman41 View Post
    To Hypestyles:

Sorry, but his defense attorney beat you to it and went in that direction. Quoting from the FREEP:

Gerald Evelyn, one of Ferguson's lawyers, scoffed at the charges, saying they are aimed at a hardworking businessman. "This is a minority, family-owned business that has rendered quality work," Evelyn said. He added: "There is a clear record of these transactions."

Bobbie's just another Detroit martyr being unjustly prosecuted.

Have you heard any of those phone conversations?
    Whoa boy, there's more to come. Hard rain is gonna fall.

This is one of the biggest cases in detroit corruption IMHO. I hope they throw away the key and I see no way for them to go after him without going after those who awarded the contracts. Greedy, un ethical, souless bastards. It's too bad that ethical folks with a real love for the city have little to no chance of being elected to office.

I wonder if Bernard rolled on Bobby.

Posted: 6:14 p.m. Sept. 10, 2010 | Updated: 7:38 p.m. today
    Feds seize nearly $1M, shotgun, brass knuckles in Bobby Ferguson raids

BY DAVID ASHENFELTER
    FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Federal agents seized nearly $1 million in cash and checks, a shotgun and brass knuckles in early morning searches Wednesday at condominiums allegedly owned by Detroit contractor Bobby Ferguson, a longtime pal of Kwame Kilpatrick.

The hoard was itemized today in search warrant returns federal agents filed in U.S. District Court in Detroit, where Ferguson, 41, and a co-defendant are to be arraigned Monday in a $12-million bid-rigging scheme.

Agents raided condominiums in Southfield and Detroit that were listed in the names of other people whom agents suspect Ferguson used to conceal assets. They were looking for evidence of fraud and money laundering in international business deals and possible extortion involving Detroit water department contract.

After the raids, prosecutors unsealed an eight-count indictment charging Ferguson and three others in a bid-rigging scheme involving a public housing project on the city’s west side.

Ferguson’s passport, a shotgun, 25 shotgun shells, brass knuckles, $208,000 in cashier’s checks and some cash and cashier’s financial records were found in a condo at the Riverfront Towers in Detroit.

Additional financial records, $775,820 in cash and cashier’s checks, an airline ticket, baggies containing a green leafy substance and a “brown joint/cigarette” were found at a condo and vehicle at Southfield Town Center.

The Detroit condo is listed in the name of Tyrone McMillian, who told the FBI that the property is owned and used by Ferguson. The Southfield condo is listed in the name of Shakib Deria whom, the FBI said, was used to conceal Ferguson’s ownership of the residence.

Deria, 42, of Troy also is charged in the indictment unsealed Wednesday and is to be arraigned with Ferguson on Monday.

In January 2009, agents raided Ferguson’s XCEL Construction Services office in the Guardian Building in downtown Detroit. They said they found $261,500 in a secret wall safe, as well as evidence of money laundering.

Read more: Feds seize nearly $1M, shotgun, brass knuckles in Bobby Ferguson raids | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/2010091...#ixzz0zBwcTHrN

Remember how Kwame wanted permission to go to Dubai earlier this year? On business. Boy oh boy, somebody is doing some talking, somebody has rolled.

[quote=fanniemae;180531]Remember how Kwame wanted permission to go to Dubai earlier this year? On business. Boy oh boy, somebody is doing some talking, somebody has rolled.[/quot

KK has money stashed overseas, its just he can not access any of it under the eyes of the feds. What a bunch of corrupt garbage. This clown and his bunch of criminals were in it for nothing other than their own self interests, PERIOD. In the end it looks like the feds are going to get the whole bunch. The birds are chirping to the feds, somebody is rolling who is looking at mucho years in a fed pen and sees his life pass before his or her eyes. Feds have a shooting gallery going on, one by one the whole bunch is getting picked off. I have often wondered how many corrupt judges where in on some of this.
    Last edited by dtrrman; September-11-10 at 07:47 AM.

When KING KWAME falls, Everyone is his round table falls.

I cannot understand why the court let Bobby Ferguson out on bond -- I think he's a huge flight risk.

FBI agents had seized three handguns and ammunition, brass knuckles, and nearly $1 million in cash and cashier's checks.

He probably has much more cash stashed away in various places including Dubai, where he was developing business [[and to where Kwame asked the court's permission to travel, but was declined).

Bobby Ferguson faces fines of more than $2.5 million and up to 20 years in prison if convicted, and they let him go on a $10,000 unsecured bond.

I just don't understand why the court did that. I don't think Bobby will wait around to be put in jail for two decades -- I think he'll be long gone.

They are surely watching him like a hawk.

He won't be able to travel, and if he GETS to Dubai and they find out he's wanted, he'll wish he were back in the US.

That is one freaky country.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast