Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Pics from the top of Renaissance Center

Hey forum!

Here are some high quality shots from the top of Detroit's premier rooftop. My company is about to announce a new 4G wireless service for businesses and I had the opportunity to take these during the build process.
    Last edited by Doma; September-05-10 at 10:55 PM.

Wow, nice pics Doma!!

Since you're standing on top of the indented 74th story utility floor... that puts those pics at 75 stories up...

YAIKS!!!

^^^thats what i said^^^

Default From this view

You would never know that large tracks of the city are tombstones to a prior life.

Nice shots all! What is housed in this wedge-shaped item below???
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post

YAIKS!!!

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Nice shots all! What is housed in this wedge-shaped item below???
    The Wintergarden.

Ah yes, nice set up... I've enjoyed my time there.
    Quote Originally Posted by DC48080 View Post
    The Wintergarden.

Buy American Guest

The City of Detroit looks great...from up there.

On a clear day you can see General Motors. Oh wait, that is General Motors. Great Pics!

Aw, you didn't take a shot looking down Grand River! On the other hand, I guess there ain't much there any more.....

Seriously....you took great advantage of a super photo op! Thanks for posting.

You're brave! Much appreciated; these are great snapshots!

Great pics, but now I have a nose bleed

S U P E R B !

Thanks for the Labor Day gift, Doma. The weather was your friend that day. Safety harness, too -- and not necessarily in that sequence.

Random lyric bursts as I clicked through the stunning set:

* Up, up and away . . .
    * On a clear day you can see forever
    * I've got the whole world . . .
    * Sittin' on top of the world
    * I'm like a bird . . .
    * 'Scuse me while I kiss the sky

Great shots, even if just looking at some of them makes that old fear of heights creep up from my chest to my throat, choking off all breath!

Thanks for posting them!

Wow! What a beautiful day for taking those shots. Thanks.

Thanks for posting those! I especially liked the one looking straight down from the main tower. It brought back memories of the elevator ride up to the Summit Restaurant!

I went up to the Summit one time; eyes shut all the way, facing the elevator doors. Couldn't eat because my stomach was clenched so tight, but did manage to throw back several drinks for the ride down.

What a great spot for a webcam. Why isn't there a webcam up there?

Great pics!

I'm sorta scared of heights, and the last pic just got me. My heart was pounding just looking at these photos.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I went up to the Summit one time; eyes shut all the way, facing the elevator doors. Couldn't eat because my stomach was clenched so tight, but did manage to throw back several drinks for the ride down.
    Not much of a fan of flying on airplanes, I take it....??

I was/am just the opposite. I loved that elevator ride every time I got a chance to do it. The height and the glass elevator were both novelties for me. It was better than any thrill ride in any carnival.
    Last edited by EMG; September-06-10 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    Not much of a fan of flying on airplanes, I take it....??

I was/am just the opposite. I loved that elevator ride every time I got a chance to do it. The height and the glass elevator were both novelties for me. It was better than any thrill ride in any carnival.
    I hate flying, I hate heights, but, oddly, I love the mountains as long as someone else is driving and I'm not on the drop-off side of the car.

Now you've reminded me of a video someone e-mailed me a while ago of a guy riding stomach-down on a skateboard down Pikes Peak! Tried to find a link to it but my Googling was unsuccessful.

I've been to the top of the Peak, but went down in a van, not face first on a skateboard.
    One of these days, I'm going to take the Cog Railway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast