Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Jim Fouts is angry

Mayor of Warren, Jim Fouts is not a happy camper. He is pissed that the President of the United States, Barack Obama would forbid General Motors from vacating the city of Detroit for some suburban paradise in Warren. He is so in a foul mood that he sent a letter to Obama to rant. I suppose the idea of having one big happy region is DOA.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010090...tay-in-Detroit

To put it in a nutshell.... Fouts has always been an idiot.... while he was on council and now as mayor of Warren.

His "coulda-woulda-shoulda" comments speak volumes about the fact that he's speaking from an orifice that is not his mouth!

As though he has a crystal ball that tells us how many millions and an untold number of jobs would have been saved.... if only....

He actually makes Brooks Patterson look good!

Although I live in Macomb County... I can say that we've always had our share of halfwit politicians... [[DiNello, Jay, Brandenburg, Fouts)... and probably always will!

While political pressure from the Obama administration would have been sufficient to keep them in Detroit, I should think, was that indeed what kept GM there?

Hope he's changed his phone numbers.

The thing that is so funny about this is that Fouts thought that he was stuck in the past. He thought that he was dealing with the old General Motors. Someone should have reminded him that a few things had changed.

1) GM filing for bankruptcy and taking money from the government becoming "Government Motors."

2) The Obama administration "fired" Rick Wagoner and "replaced" him with Fritz Henderson.

Not only did Fouts forgot that GM was under the control of the government but he was dealing with the guy that the government put behind the desk. Maybe if Fouts had respected the chain of command and sent his letter to Obama instead of Henderson he may had got the government to approve a move to Warren. I'm glad that the White House gave Fouts the kiss-off.

Quote Originally Posted by BagAJellyDonuts View Post
    Hope he's changed his phone numbers.
    LOL, that's what I was thinking.

Fuck him...

Anyone catch the Fouts crackdown on bootleg polka tapes?

Another campaing promise that can't be fullfilled, I expect.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Fuck him...
    I agree with that statement. Right now, Fouts is crying that Obama fucked him over.

Didn't GM build a big plant near Hamtramick about 25 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by RaumVogel View Post
    Didn't GM build a big plant near Hamtramick about 25 years ago?
    Yes they did. What's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Yes they did. What's the point?
    Why would they move so soon...seems like a waste.

Mayor of Warren, Jim Fouts is not a happy camper. He is pissed that the President of the United States, Barack Obama would forbid General Motors from vacating the city of Detroit for some suburban paradise in Warren. He is so in a foul mood that he sent a letter to Obama to rant. I suppose the idea of having one big happy region is DOA.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010090...tay-in-Detroit
    Understand this, if the Pistons move from Auburn Hills to Detroit it is because Detroit poached them and gave a big middle finger to regionalization. If GM would have moved to Warren, it would have just been a good move that would have helped GM become profitable [[we are all one region anyhow). We're always one region when it is beneficial, but separate regions when it is not beneficial to be one region.

Although I live in Macomb County... I can say that we've always had our share of halfwit politicians...
    You forgot to include the name of that daddy's boy, Sheriff Mark Hackel:
    Name:  sheriff_mark_hackel_soapbox_racer.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  10.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Understand this, if the Pistons move from Auburn Hills to Detroit it is because Detroit poached them and gave a big middle finger to regionalization. If GM would have moved to Warren, it would have just been a good move that would have helped GM become profitable [[we are all one region anyhow). We're always one region when it is beneficial, but separate regions when it is not beneficial to be one region.
    Hmm, Pistons who moved to where when they left Fort Wayne?

If the Pistons were to return home then they have that right just like a kid who return to live in his or her childhood home. The city of Detroit would never poach the Pistons since their name is Detroit unless the Pistons recently changed their name to the Auburn Hills Pistons.

As for GM, well I think we can acknowledge that the idea of GM becoming profitable in Warren is bullshit. Fouts luring the headquarters to Van Dyke and 12 Mile was to serve one purpose: keeping his retail stores and restaurants open. 4,000 more workers means hungry stomachs and a need to buy anything out of a Warren store.

Fouts just proves himself to be an even bigger idiot. I just saw his interview on Ch. 7, and he comes across as a whiny crybaby and it is so clear to see his true motive. He could care less about GM, could care less about Detroit, could care less about this region. He only cares about Warren.

At least the Obama administration was smart at getting GM downtown. The move would've decimated downtown and killed the real estate market downtown for decades.

Just saw Fouts on WDIV. Two things:

1) Fouts looks like the Crypt Keeper.

2) He screwed himself and Warren by running his mouth and going public with his wooing of GM.

Fouts wanted to look like a big player in Metro Detroit so he went public with his poaching to get public opinion on his side and some chips he could use on his reelection campaign in the near future. His mistake was forgetting that the US government was in charge. What did Bing do after Fouts was bragging on camera that he was going to get GM to move? Got in touch with Obama and the rest is history. Fouts really looks pissed he was bested by old ass Bing.

If GM would have moved to Warren, it would have just been a good move that would have helped GM become profitable [[we are all one region anyhow).
    Is that your Kool-Aid or Fout's Kool-Aid that you're drinking??

Or are you a corporate wiz that knows the financial benefit of a move... or better yet seen some proof that a move would have been beneficial to GM's bottom line??

And as far as poaching the Pistons.... um you seem to have a short memory span.... who poached whom first? Are we re-poaching the Pistons?
    Last edited by Gistok; September-03-10 at 10:34 PM.

"It is... clear to me that the City of Detroit the County of Wayne and the State of Michigan "bribed" GM to remain in Detroit with a $24 million a year tax credit in May 2009"

"On May 29, 2009, I offered GM long-term tax incentives to move its headquarters from the Renaissance Center in Detroit to the GM Tech Center in Warren."

So Fouts is whining that GM took the Detroit/Wayne/Michigan/USA "bribe" over the Warren "tax incentives?" Hey GM... Detroit has a bunch of land that could be consolidated into a brand new state-of-the-art technical center!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Is that your Kool-Aid or Fout's Kool-Aid that you're drinking??

Or are you a corporate wiz that knows the financial benefit of a move... or better yet seen some proof that a move would have been beneficial to GM's bottom line??
    Let me dumb it down. My point was sarcastic. Patterson accused Bing of poaching for suggesting the Pistons come back to Detroit. Fouts figured it was a good move for GM to move to Warren to get out from under Detroit's taxes and to consolodate its employees all at the Tech Center. In other words, coming to Detroit equals bad, leaving Detroit equals good, but we're all the same region. Figure that one out!

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    "It is... clear to me that the City of Detroit the County of Wayne and the State of Michigan "bribed" GM to remain in Detroit with a $24 million a year tax credit in May 2009"

"On May 29, 2009, I offered GM long-term tax incentives to move its headquarters from the Renaissance Center in Detroit to the GM Tech Center in Warren."

So Fouts is whining that GM took the Detroit/Wayne/Michigan/USA "bribe" over the Warren "tax incentives?" Hey GM... Detroit has a bunch of land that could be consolidated into a brand new state-of-the-art technical center!
    You know I was thinking the same thing. Detroit has plenty of real estate to offer GM the opportunity to build a brand new tech center. Then GM could "donate" the Warren Tech Center to Fouts and the city of Warren.

We must remember the Crypt Keeper is a politician and right now he is attempting to be political. He's pissed that Detroit "out-Fouts-ed" him. He was ready to give the keys to the city to Fritz and Detroit/Wayne/Michigan/USA simply out-bid him.

You know I was thinking the same thing. Detroit has plenty of real estate to offer GM the opportunity to build a brand new tech center. Then GM could "donate" the Warren Tech Center to Fouts and the city of Warren.

We must remember the Crypt Keeper is a politician and right now he is attempting to be political. He's pissed that Detroit "out-Fouts-ed" him. He was ready to give the keys to the city to Fritz and Detroit/Wayne/Michigan/USA simply out-bid him.
    Donate? Why "donate" the land? They own it, right? Sell it off & make a few bucks! If it takes a while, it can sit vacant for a while... I'm sure the taxes would come down on vacant land. GM could also make some money renting out the parcels to film companies who want realistic buildings to level!

[[...) coming to Detroit equals bad, leaving Detroit equals good, but we're all the same region. Figure that one out!
    Detroit is the center of the region. No center, no region.

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    Donate? Why "donate" the land? They own it, right? Sell it off & make a few bucks! If it takes a while, it can sit vacant for a while... I'm sure the taxes would come down on vacant land. GM could also make some money renting out the parcels to film companies who want realistic buildings to level!
    The donate bit is a joke. According to the article, Henderson had suggested that if GM was to move to Warren they would donate the Ren Cen to the city of Detroit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast