Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Anyone go to the Eminem concert?

How was the show?

Also, could someone post the set list? I'm curious to know which songs he did.

Is he from Detroit?

No....he's from 8-mile

i didnt go to the concert but can hear it loud and clear from my patio....i live on lafayette near elmwood cemetary

I was there and it was great but I'm sorry I can not remember the whole set list, many elements prevent me from doing that.

I do have this http://rapfix.mtv.com/2010/09/02/emi...=share_twitter

Gives you some play-by-play. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

Nope, didn't make it. You couldn't pay me enough to go. I am reminded of the quote from Dave Dixon at WDET, when asked why he played no rap music on his radio program. "When I hear some good rap music, I'll get it right on the air..."
    Sorry. I like some of the poetry from some rap. though...

I didn't attend the concert, game, or the Jazz Fest but did get stuck in traffic for over 2 hours! I totally forgot about all the happenings on Thursday night. Never did make it to my destination [[I gave up and decided 30 bucks for parking wasn't worth it).

I am not the biggest fan ever, but I have always liked the songs & performers from tonight. But this is for sure -- eminem and jay-z are amazing artists and this was an historic concert that will go down in hip-hop history as a landmark moment. guest appearances by 50cent, d12, and the venerable Dr. Dre, among others, were the icing on a very big and delicious cake. I was very lucky to be 'in the pit' during the show, 80,000 strong to my back and the performers spitting and flinging across the stage just a few feet away... AMAZING! And the entire stadium was filled with an incredible intensity & energy, felt by everyone from the crowd to the crew & performers. Amazing bass too, I don't believe I've ever heard a deeper or more resonating bass. We could feel it intensely all the way in our production trailer at the opposite end of the stadium, on the street behind the parking garage.

Yeap I went Jay- Z's set was hard to hear [[too much echo) but Eminem was fantastic. And When Dr.Dre came out the place went nuts, the whole ground was shaking. It was a great night and well worth the money

Quote Originally Posted by JROLLA View Post
    I was there and it was great but I'm sorry I can not remember the whole set list, many elements prevent me from doing that.

I do have this http://rapfix.mtv.com/2010/09/02/emi...=share_twitter

Gives you some play-by-play. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.
    That's perfect. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Nope, didn't make it. You couldn't pay me enough to go. I am reminded of the quote from Dave Dixon at WDET, when asked why he played no rap music on his radio program. "When I hear some good rap music, I'll get it right on the air..."
    Sorry. I like some of the poetry from some rap. though...
    Wow. So you posted in this thread just to let us know that you don't like Eminem? What was the point of that?

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    Wow. So you posted in this thread just to let us know that you don't like Eminem? What was the point of that?
    Because that is what people who don't like hip hop do. They make sure to go out of there way to let you know they don't like it.

If someone started a thread about a huge country show or even the hoe down [[music related) you won't see a lot of people going out of there way to put down the music. It is what it is I guess.

I was there for both shows working on a crew. Even with headphones on it was absolutely deafening, especially in the VIP area in front of the stage. Kind of indifferent to the music, but I have to admire the quality and showmanship. The crowd loved every moment of it.

Because that is what people who don't like hip hop do. They make sure to go out of there way to let you know they don't like it.

If someone started a thread about a huge country show or even the hoe down [[music related) you won't see a lot of people going out of there way to put down the music. It is what it is I guess.
    Yes, yes, and yes. This is nothing new.

BTW, my brother in law went with his coworkers. He said it was the best rap concert ever, and so have other friends on FB. One person even said it was worth it to try to score tix for the next concert at Yankee Stadium. I'm not the biggest Em fan, but I appreciate some of his stuff and I thought 8 Mile was one of the best rap biopics yet. Jay-Z's music was definitely the backdrop of some parts of my young adulthood [[I'll never forget first hearing "Hard Knock Life" at Homecoming back in the late 1990s).

But then again, one man's noise is another man's ear candy. I don't get why people won't just live and let live. Rap fans don't usually take the time to go on and on about how rock or country isn't music. Most that I know just feel like, hey, if that's someone else's thing, more power.

I heard that the karaoke show was good.

Absolute nonsense and nice codespeak, by the way.

This is "DetroitYES."
    Everything gets worked over.

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    To show that at least some people have taste.

Quote Originally Posted by LEOQUEEN View Post
    i didnt go to the concert but can hear it loud and clear from my patio....i live on lafayette near elmwood cemetary
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    We could feel it intensely all the way in our production trailer at the opposite end of the stadium, on the street behind the parking garage.
    And that kind of loudness and disruption was necessary ..... how?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    You couldn't pay me enough to go. I am reminded of the quote from Dave Dixon at WDET, when asked why he played no rap music on his radio program. "When I hear some good rap music, I'll get it right on the air...".
    Smart Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Absolute nonsense and nice codespeak, by the way.

This is "DetroitYES."
    Everything gets worked over.
    DetroitYes-No-Yes-No-You're Ugly-Your Mother's a Whore-You must be a whiny [Disliked Political Affiliation]- I hate carpets!

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fryar View Post
    DetroitYes-No-Yes-No-You're Ugly-Your Mother's a Whore-You must be a whiny [Disliked Political Affiliation]- I hate carpets!
    I like pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Is he from Detroit?
    He's from St Joseph, MO-famous for the Eastern terminus of the Pony Express & newspaper columnists with dorky haircuts;
    http://www.newspressnow.com/news/200...shall-mathers/

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJ View Post
    He's from St Joseph, MO-famous for the Eastern terminus of the Pony Express & newspaper columnists with dorky haircuts;
    http://www.newspressnow.com/news/200...shall-mathers/
    Didn't know that. I was just playing off the Kid Rock thread. Lot of great music comes out of Detroit. It's something we should all be proud of and appreciate. And a tip of the hat to St. Joe too.

I'm really pissed off that I didn't go to the concert!!!!!

If it was the greatest rap concert ever, it couldn't have been nothing more than a bunch of unnecessarily loud noise & screaming. "Greatest" hass a relative definition because some think Wrestlemania is the greatest sporting event ever and Spongebob is the greatest cartoon ever [[lowest common denominator?).

I bet everyone there that night lost 50% of their hearing.

BTW, I'm equally as biased to most Rock, most Rap & most Country. I personally prefer live orchestrations with real singing & harmony [[actually, that includes a large percentage of disco music). So save the crap you all dished out to Bobl
    Last edited by 313WX; September-06-10 at 08:27 AM.

Artds, the show was great, it was not a bunch of "unnecessarily loud noise", Jay-Z has really grown up. It wasn't 12 dudes on stage screaming and yelling, he had a pretty good band behind him. Maybe they will release a DVD one day?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast