Default GSCC to be in a music video!

Want to be in a music video?

Join GSCC Saturday Sept. 4th at 9 am
    and help us build our
    Greenhouse Park
    next to the Community Center at
    8902 Vinton Detroit, MI 48213.

"Above and Beyond" will be using footage
    from the day in one of their music videos!!

Come on out and enjoy a day of work, food, and fun.

BBQ lunch after we are finished.

Blue, you and Cub are just amazing.

Thanks, Sumas...but this one is all Cub's doing. He was contacted by the producer for "Above and Beyond". He set the whole thing up. But...the best part is, the greenhouse is being DONATED! Cub is truly blessed!

Did drop by for a couple minutes. Had a few items I thought Cub could use. He had left to pick up more sod. I originally parked by his house but drove around to drop the stuff off. Turns out I was blocking a video feed. Very politely, I was asked to move my car so I guess I am in the footage that will be left on the cutting room floor somewhere.

I loved the painted fence!

I had planned on making a small $$ donation but didn't see anyone I recogonized. No slight meant to any of the volunteers, but??

I loved seeing the progress and sorry I could not stay. Sumas

I don't know what time you were there, Sumas, but I was there twice during the day. I am unable to do physical labor at this point due to a recent hospitalization, but I did stop by for moral support. When I was there, there were several volunteers direct from GSCC. But most of the volunteers were brought in by the producers, as they were skilled in their various areas of carpentry, garden layout and planting trees and flowers. You should have seen how much they accomplished that day! I have some pics of the work in process, but I don't have any of the finished product at this time. We will get them up on the website soon. But here are two of the fence you mentioned and one of the work in progress:

That was the wall I loved. Thanks for posting the pictures.

I do hope your recovery goes smoothly. Surgery is no fun but if it fixes what is wrong, it is fantastic. Best wishes. Sumas

Awww Shucks! I really need to check this forum on a regular basis. Had I known we would have brought our grandson over.

Everything is looking terrific. Love the fence - that is so neat!

Blue - I hope your recovery is going well.

Cub & Co. - excellent job as always!

Amazing. I would love to see some of the completed work. The GSCC has done such great work. To think that only a few years ago at that corner, there was nothing going on at all.

Question for Blue or Cub, did you get the Fisher Price pogo stick and stilts I dropped off? Got a few more items but don't know if you could use them or not. I figured the items I left could be used by the community center or given to an area child.

Also would like to know if you might be interested in boxes and boxes of craft type items? Things like sequins, glitter, glue, glue guns, ribbons, beads etc. Don't want to load you down with things you can't use. This stuff at retail is worth a small fortune.

Other questions, do you plan for a Harvest party or a holiday dinner this year, if so, put us down for a food donation.

Last question, if you would care to do a holiday fund raiser I would open my home in Islandview Village, not far from GSCC. It is now 102 years old and very party friendly. We have plenty of off street parking due to mowed vacant lots across the street.

One friend who visits often, described our house as a country home in the city.

I pictured a sort of wine and appetizer event. We could provide the munchies, waiters and most likely a piano player. GSCC would need to provide the wine or if you like booze for a cash bar. You're good at organizing and publicity. It's just a thought, so mull it over. My only request would be keep the price of admission inexpensive. People are generous but times are hard.

Sumas:

I will answer your questions in order...as best I can...

I do not know about the things you left at Cub's. I will be there Monday afternoon and will confirm then.

Yes, the craft items would be welcomed. Once the Center is finished I plan on doing lots of crafts with the kids.

Harvest Night and the Holiday Dinner are both planned. Unless something drastic changes, we will be having both events.

I will bring your idea up at the next Board of Directors meeting.

Thanks for your continued support of GSCC!

Let me know when you or Cub are available. All of the craft stuff is in plastic see through boxes and everything is labeled.

I am happy to know you can use this. Mom will be 91 soon. She will be pleased to know that these items will be available and used for children and their projects.

She is the perfect picture of a post war Mom. Girl Scout leader, Boy Scout Den Mom, Sunday School teacher etc. She sat on the board for many church and community organizations. In short, she is just amazing.

Personally I am happy you can use this stuff and next craft session I will bring her over. She might even volunteer to help, once she is there.In her day she was a serious crafter. Her real claim to fame is her hand made Teddy Bears.

It will give her true pleasure knowing her donation is going to such a nice organization! Sumas

Pictures of the finished Greenhouse Park are now posted on our website...

www.georgiastreetcc.com

Thank you again to everyone who made this possible!

wow! just wow!!

I'm sure there is an interesting story behind that property. Here is a link to the former house

http://detroitphoto1.smugmug.com/Det...84919098_bHa8b

The pix there are copyrighted so I can't do a cut'n paste, but again ... all the folks involved deserve the highest praise possible.

What Gnome said!

Congratulations GSCCand all involved in this transformation. Simply beautiful!

That's really great! I can't wait to see it in person.

I need to take my Mom to see that.

http://www.lib.wayne.edu/resources/d....php?vid=12_15

old newsreel circa 1928, on Detroit gardening plots

That is so cool, Gnome....thanks for sharing!

Default See the Video!!

Last edited by Blueidone; October-01-10 at 07:57 AM.

Awesome videos!

Mark - think about what all has been accomplished since you first thought about creating the Garden! Truly Amazing Stuff!

I really want that greenhouse! Blue and Cub, Can I start some seeds next spring in the greenhouse....please??

Stromberg2

I finally watched the video today, it was just beautiful.