Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Borderline: The Story of 8 Mile Road

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...99501985161462

great video from 1996 - unfortunately i've never been to la mirage

Thanks for posting! Saw an abbreviated version of this a while back. Good to watch the full 1/2 hour show.

Seeing that makes me miss being a delivery driver. Saw alot on 8MILE, and it was one of my less traveled routes.

Good stuff.

I enjoyed that, thanks for posting.

We used to drag race in front of Eastland Mall in the '50s. The mall was about the only thing there so traffic was pretty light after it closed for the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Olddetroiter View Post
    We used to drag race in front of Eastland Mall in the '50s. The mall was about the only thing there so traffic was pretty light after it closed for the night.
    Did you know Larry C., who lost his life racing on that strip, around 1962?

h:

Thanks for including the video. MC5 had another thing in mind at the time, but the use of "Borderline" certainly fits the video!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Did you know Larry C., who lost his life racing on that strip, around 1962?
    No. I was earlier than that... just after Eastland was built. Moved to California in '57.

diver1369 Guest

The fillmmaker, Gary Glaser, graduated Henry Ford High School in 1968. Ford is on Evergreen, less than a half mile from 8 Mile Road.