Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Happy's Pizza...What's cooking???

Anyone catch this last night on the news? DEA is involved. Is Happy's a cover for a Mr. Nice Guy business like in the movie Half Baked?
    And honestly how can this guys name be Happy Asker? Come on!
    Never had their pizza and never will. Heard it's crap and theres too many other proven pizza joints to fullfill my craving.

Didn't catch the news but am enjoying my leftover Happy's Pizza from lunch right now!

I detest Happy Pizza... very substandard IMO... Something is really off and cheap about their sauce [[tastes like old burnt cheap catsup), dough and other pizza ingredients.

I DO give them some props for setting up shop in areas of Detroit where many would not dare!!

This employs people so occasionally I will get a grinder sandwich [[which is ok) and a pop.
    Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    Anyone catch this last night on the news? DEA is involved. Is Happy's a cover for a Mr. Nice Guy business like in the movie Half Baked?
    Never had their pizza and never will. Heard it's crap and theres too many other proven pizza joints to fullfill my craving.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-02-10 at 08:21 PM.

I really like their commercials.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    "Happy" may be a shortened version of a foreign name.

Happy's is putting alot of money in to a new store at Rosedale and Mack in SCS. Major facelift to the Blockbusters and Busecmi's Pizza site.

just heard the Lomas Brown Happy's commercial on 97.1

they actually asked if he was on steroids.....

bartock Guest

I just love hearing that goddamn jingle during every commercial break of a Lions broadcast. Especially the post-game, when there are breaks every two minutes. If I end up in hell, I am certain that will be blaring on continuous loop.

Look at this guy, JUST LOOK AT HIM! I mean, seriously. Enough said.

I like Happy's. Pizza and wing combo. Guess it depends on which one you go to. I tried that Slice of the 80's last week. That was decent.

I grew up near the Happy's in Inkster. I always heard rumors about drug activity there. I personally think there food is awful

Slice of the 80's on the other hand is awesome.

Supino's in Eastern Market has ruined other pizza for me. So good. I have Happy's a few times and IMHO it is a small step above hot n ready.

This actually doesn't surprise me. This is one of those well known "rumors" in the hood about that place and its operations. I had commented a while ago that I couldn't stand their commercials and that their pizza looked gross in the commercials and the ads, and the guy I was with made a comment that pizza wasn't all they were selling. It was some kind of inside joke between him and his friend, they just laughed and said some other stuff about the owner but I didn't think much about it. I just think its pretty strange that a place with what looks like substandard food would be doing blockbuster numbers when their competition is much better. I think this story will soon develop into something real.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    I had commented a while ago that I couldn't stand their commercials.
    Hmmm... ketchup sauce.... a step above Ittle Caeser's... dirty deeds... OK, I get the picture. But still, those commercials rock!

Happy's square pizza is good. Their round pizza is average. I live in Chicago and finding a Happy's here was only eclipsed by the joy I had when I found a place that sells Better Made chips. Their stores here are about two years old. Like the D, Happy's Chicago locations are not exactly in neighborhoods where chains look to open new stores.

hmm.. i keep forgetting about that 2 pizzas for 9.99 combo on monday, tuesday and wednesday..

here's hoping that it's not another situation like La Shish... lots of jobs will be lost..

lilpup Guest

They have such a broad menu compared to a standard pizza place I thought it was silly for Scott Lewis to compare them to Little Ceasar's and Dominos.

Happy's is like any other franchise, some good, some suck. Do agree that Supinos in the market is the ultimate best.

Pretty scary graphics/ logo. I wonder of the designer was paid? ------
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post

Look at this guy, JUST LOOK AT HIM! I mean, seriously. Enough said.

Seems like where there's smoke there's fire. Take em out. Another one that wants to cheat us and the system. What goes around comes around! HA!

Their wings are superior to church's and popeyes which are just skin and bones. Their locations growing in the chi...... All southside though.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    All southside though.
    And we know what THAT is codespeak for...

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Their wings are superior to church's and popeyes which are just skin and bones. Their locations growing in the chi...... All southside though.
    Then Popeyes and church's must have some absolutely awful wings. The food at Happy's was horrible. It used to be okay for an occasional, last minute minute. But then their quality took a nosedive. I ordered the chicken poppers [[or something similar), and it was maybe a sliver chicken covered in super-thick breading. That was the breaking point- I never went back.

Quote Originally Posted by laurin View Post
    Then Popeyes and church's must have some absolutely awful wings. The food at Happy's was horrible. It used to be okay for an occasional, last minute minute. But then their quality took a nosedive. I ordered the chicken poppers [[or something similar), and it was maybe a sliver chicken covered in super-thick breading. That was the breaking point- I never went back.
    So ya how is this place growing exponentially? I think there alot of stupid people that fall for these rock bottom prices and believe their deep fried crap is actually good food. Seems as though they cater to the poor folks. I guess the markup on cheap food is very good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast