Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Smoking Pot or Doing Drugs In Your Car is Just Idiotic

First Paris this week and now T.I. and his wife!

What's wrong with these brainless idiots!? Drugs & alcohol [[period) are stupid but driving around and using them in a vehicle is even dumber. Fools who engage in this of behavior deserve to be pulled over and arrested. Your a threat to those of us the road who aren't completely brain-dead.

who is TI and why should i care?

Oh no, Tom Izzo was blazing up in the car?

Oh, who cares. I know people who drive better on weed than some people do on booze. I'm sick of a society where people burn up all their energy complaining about celebrity misbehavior and soft drugs while the bigger bacon's burning. Don't you know there's two or three illegal wars on?

Anyway, check this study. Not much scientific evidence yet to say that doobin' and drivin' is evil.

Marijuana and Driving: A Review of the Scientific Evidence
    http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=5450

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    First Paris this week and now T.I. and his wife!

What's wrong with these brainless idiots!? Drugs & alcohol [[period) are stupid but driving around and using them in a vehicle is even dumber. Fools who engage in this of behavior deserve to be pulled over and arrested. Your a threat to those of us the road who aren't completely brain-dead.
    RE paris--not knowing exactly where your stash is at all times is more idiotic

What I'd really like to know is how the LVPD could tell that the smoke coming out of the car was pot smoke as opposed to cigarette smoke. They must be omnipotent

What I'd really like to know is how the LVPD could tell that the smoke coming out of the car was pot smoke as opposed to cigarette smoke.
    Obviously you've never smelled the two.

"I thought it was gum! And it's not even my purse."

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    What I'd really like to know is how the LVPD could tell that the smoke coming out of the car was pot smoke as opposed to cigarette smoke. They must be omnipotent
    Besides what Meddle said... there's a reason why some of the better grown [[not gone to seed) pot is called "skunk weed"...

I can't recall how many times I've been to a 7-Eleven at night and been able to identify people who have smoked marijuana within the last 15 minutes... by just being 2 feet away from them.

Unilike the unpleasant "ashtray" smell of cigarette smoke... the "lingering" smell of marijuana smoke has a "not unpleasant" sweetness to it....

every time I smell pot I remember my Dad when I was a teenager

needless to say....he was a beatnik and a hippie... he went through the sixties and the seventies

the aroma doesnt bother me at all
    its nostalgic to me and I miss the old guy.

I'll opt out of the "right" to use weed argument. I'll just say that those who may want to sell their car later, might consider that the odor and residue really becomes 'part' of the car over time. Long term weed smoking deeply permeates the upholstery and interior of a car [[luxury model or clunker) being such a closed environment. A friend was about to purchase an otherwise mint deluxe model used car by a private owner but during the test drive the car reeked of marijuana... Great car otherwise, but no sell.

Car sellers that can say 'smoke' free [[weed or cigarettes) have an easier time of selling their cars.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-02-10 at 04:34 PM.

Skunky for real! Indeed marijuana smoke is 'distinctly' different from tobacco. Cops know what various forms of weed smell like per their line of work. And the odor of weed really permeates the users clothing, car upholstery, hair etc. You'd hardly need a K-9 dog as you would with heroin or cocaine.

The smell of weed is so pungent it can travel thru vent work in shared dwellings, and it sorta hovers for a while though many seem to be obvious to it. It can trigger allergies in others. Back in my college days this was one of the nuisances of apartment living... [[smelling marijuana).

Similar to tobacco users some people who smoke weed no longer smell it as distinctly as those who don't. Now that I no longer smoke cigarettes I really notice it on my clothing when I go to a place where there alot of smoking. Before I did not notice it as much....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Besides what Meddle said... there's a reason why some of the better grown [[not gone to seed) pot is called "skunk weed"...

I can't recall how many times I've been to a 7-Eleven at night and been able to identify people who have smoked marijuana within the last 15 minutes... by just being 2 feet away from them.

Unilike the unpleasant "ashtray" smell of cigarette smoke... the "lingering" smell of marijuana smoke has a "not unpleasant" sweetness to it....
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-02-10 at 09:39 PM.

I've driven up behind and besides cars and smelled weed... especially in the summer when the windows are down. For sure the "po-po's" [[police) know it when they roll-up on said vehicle. I've always said if your gonna smoke marijuana do it at home... smoking pot in the car is just asking for trouble... And of course the hollywood elite think they are above the law and usually they ARE given a pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Obviously you've never smelled the two.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-02-10 at 04:27 PM.

Even people who are foolish enough to grow it in their basements.... for sinsemilla [[female plants that have not been allowed to cross pollenate with a male plant)... the smell of these plants once the growth of the "buds" goes full flower... can permeate an entire house with their "skunky" smell.

Reminds me of an old PJ O'Rourke story in National Lampoon called: How To Drive Fast On Drugs While Getting Your Wing-Wanged Squeezed And Not Spill Your Drink

http://www.heretical.com/miscella/reptile.html

My dad was a cop; I'm well versed in the difference between the smell of pot and the smell of cigarettes. I had to hide it from him often enough.
    What I'm talking about is the first report I heard on this is that they pulled them over on suspicion from the sight of the smoke, not the smell. I question how a motorcycle cop could smell pot coming out of a vehicle while he was riding his bike.
    Last edited by jcole; September-02-10 at 10:36 PM.

My dad was a cop; I'm well versed in the difference between the smell of pot and the smell of cigarettes. I had to hide it from him often enough.
    What I'm talking about is the first report I heard on this is that they pulled them over on suspicion from the sight of the smoke, not the smell. I question how a motorcycle cop could smell pot coming out of a vehicle while he was riding his bike.
    I've smelled pot coming out of a passing car plenty of times just standing on the street. E.T. or whoever probably had a good clam bake going in there. Back when I would deliver pizza, I drove a lot [[obviously) and now and then could tell the car in front of me was blazin' just from the smell.

Default your dad

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    every time I smell pot I remember my Dad when I was a teenager

needless to say....he was a beatnik and a hippie... he went through the sixties and the seventies

the aroma doesnt bother me at all
    its nostalgic to me and I miss the old guy.
    lol...wonder if he hung around plum street..

He was an interesting old guy. He was in the US Army when he was young, was in the Big Red 1 during the standoff against the Russians over the Suez Canal, as well as the Korean War. He had a scar on his leg from where a Soviet bullet went in one side and out the other. He told of a story where the US Army fired some artillery into a German village when he was over there during the post WWII occupation, and all the villagers marched up on the Americans with just shovels and pitchforks. He had some crazy stories.

After he got back from Korea he became a beatnik, just in time to catch some Iron Butterfly and then reign in the 70's. Disco inferno. He even had a white suit with a big ass collar.

Ive never smoked pot or even cigarettes, but he used to. I'd smell that stuff now and then when he lit up, I couldn't mistake the odor as a kid. It used to mellow him out, it was kinda nice because he'd stop yelling at us kids, and just stuff his face, tell some crazy stories, and then fall asleep.
    Memories....

Quote Originally Posted by pjazeps View Post
    lol...wonder if he hung around plum street..
    Did someone say Plum St.?!

Ravine Guest

Spoil-sport. They were having such a good time with the idea that you are a damned fool who had posted a senseless comment.

Recently heard on the radio of a new plan to test drivers for drug use much like they do for drinking and driving. Anyone heard of this? Im curious how a roadside test can tell if your actually under the influence of an "illegal" narcotic as opposed to having it in your system. Heroin generally stays in your system for 3 days, cocaine 30 as well as marijuana. If you were to be pulled over, tested and showed residual for cocaine from lasts weeks party would the cop be able to arrest you?

Im not much of a pot smoker and the cocaine gives me the willies but I would hate to think someones going to clog up our judicial system and fine everyone they catch with the same penalties as drunk driving because they have some party favors in their system from last weeks BBQ at Bobs house.

I dont want to see anyone driving while impaired. I lost two close cousins in the 90s to a drunk driver. I have some pretty liberal views on drugs but still encourage responsible use. The dying drug war is still kicking though and this roadside testing idea doesn't sound right. Maybe someone here can enlighten me.

Django, at least 10 states have zero tolerance per se laws concerning marijuana, amongst other things. Generally speaking that means if there is detectable THC in your system, you are going to be found guilty even though you may not be under current influence. The residuals from marijuana can be in your system for sometime after actual usage.

Michigan is one of those ten states...though if memory serves, something just went thru the Michigan supremes recently that may hve blocked or reversed that....I'm not sure.

Thanks Mike. I just started a new thread about what I really want to say.

The Drug War is a complete failure. Millions of people imprisoned world wide because of it. Our police are overburdened trying to enforce it. Our kids are enticed to sell it. I could go on and on and on.

My point actually was that what a person does is their own business; to the point where their own business involves others! Whether you do them or do not do them most people who start out using recreationally usually end up addicts. I know plenty of weed heads in denial. But driving around doing them and pretending that your the only person in the universe is just like waving a red flag in front of the cops. Seems like in today's world people have nothing better to do than to watch what other people are doing, pick up their cell phones and either report them or video them and plaster it on YouTube.

Bottom like: Stupid is... Stupid does!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast