Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default anyone know who lives here?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...04801&t=h&z=18

has to be one of the larger new homes in the region

Bill Davidson

although that's not the correct address.....

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Bill Davidson
    Ah right, the erstwhile Pistons owner. I thought so, but I wasn't entirely sure, so I googled him.

All I can say is the image search is somehow NSFW.

OMG, I need eye bleach!!!

I was gonna say Leon Spinks.

Who cares? If somone is so darned full of themselves they need a block-long show off house, they are no one I'd want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Who cares? If somone is so darned full of themselves they need a block-long show off house, they are no one I'd want to know.
    Yeah, class war rocks!

Really though, I don't think you'll have to worry about meeting him, unless you have an unfortunate accident in the near future.

Technically, isn't that Karen Davidson's house?

DetroitPole Guest

Speaking of class war, when the revolution comes, it is just a straight shot up Lahser from Brightmoor, in about 20 minutes that dude could be up against the wall.

Seriously though, kind of fucked up that you're never more than 20 minutes from some of the greatest concentrations of wealth and poverty in the Western world.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    Speaking of class war, when the revolution comes, it is just a straight shot up Lahser from Brightmoor, in about 20 minutes that dude could be up against the wall.
    Again, I think it's a longer trip from Brightmoor to where Bill Davidson is. On the other hand, maybe not as far as one would think?

Seriously though, kind of fucked up that you're never more than 20 minutes from some of the greatest concentrations of wealth and poverty in the Western world.
    Well, don't waste your time travelling up Lahser; he's not home.

LodgeDodger Guest

Slightly larger than Casa Lodgedodger, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for mowing that lawn.

BTW, Bill Davidson was a nice guy. Don't judge him by his money.

20 minutes to a splendid fish dinner at Scotty Simpsons in Brightmoor. He was a smart man.

Take a scroll around that neighborhood on google maps, wow there are some amazing houses up there. Everyone needs their own tennis court I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JJD View Post
    Take a scroll around that neighborhood on google maps, wow there are some amazing houses up there. Everyone needs their own tennis court I guess.
    i wonder if those people are happy? no community...no connection...sounds boring

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    i wonder if those people are happy? no community...no connection...sounds boring
    How do you know the have 'no community..no connection'? Just because someone doesn't live right next door to others doesn't me they have no connection. People who live in the country, on farms or ranches live a good distance from their neighbors in many instances, but still belong to the community: PTA, clubs, sporting events.
    There are others who live in apartment buildings and don't know who their neighbors are.

9mile&seneca Guest

Ever seen Al Gore's compound? But it's okay though, cause he's a Democrat. Not that I'm a Republican, but come on...

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    BTW, Bill Davidson was a nice guy. Don't judge him by his money.
    Wikipedia does call him a noted philanthropist, and cites a number of big-money gifts he made. He seems to have spent money well, and not just on luxuries like that house.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mile&seneca View Post
    Ever seen Al Gore's compound? But it's okay though, cause he's a Democrat. Not that I'm a Republican, but come on...
    Yeah, Al Gore sucks for living like that, but we digress. The question that was raised was whether that kind of splendid isolation is the path to happiness.

I wouldn't want to live like that. Maybe for vacations or something, the way some people have a vacation home "up north." I like thinking I am approachable, not exclusive.

Not that he shouldn't have been free to do what he wished, or that he didn't donate a bunch of money to some very worthy causes.

Quote Originally Posted by fryar View Post
    I like thinking I am approachable, not exclusive.
    The problem with being rich is that too many people think you're approachable.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    The problem with being rich is that too many people think you're approachable.
    Well, point taken, but I'm not abandoning my position.