Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Tiger Stadium Movie

I have been working with a few people putting together a movie about the Demolition of Tiger Stadium.

The film should be out soon, but we got a new clip that we just put out today and I wanted to share it here...

Here is the clip we put out the other day...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snTGexSCHE8

Here is the clip we put out a few months ago..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP2-nnSSmB0

I'll watch it, I get to pinin at times about the CORNER. Miss that place.

It's great to see the fans of Tiger Stadium embrace the grounds of the former stadium and keep baseball alive at the corners. What other stadium in sports history has enjoyed such an afterlife?

Have you seen local documentary maker Gary Glaser's film "Stranded At The Corner"?

http://www.strandedatthecorner.com/stranded.htm

Edit: Duh. Yes, you have.
    Last edited by Johnlodge; September-01-10 at 10:31 AM.

This is the sequal to stranded. Gary Glaser is also producing this documentry also.

It's right to name the place "Ernie Harwell Park" and let the residents care for it.

Looking forward to it, Gary. Just don't forget to give credit where credit is due on that demo footage.

Thanks for this! Tiger Stadium is gone but not forgotten.

Why do we need a movie about demolishing things?

Kinda like... why do we see lots of pictures of the Hudson's implosion here and an empty train station ad nauseum, but none of the Book Cadillac restoration or the build-up of RenCen, Compuware, Comerica, Ford Field, etc?

I just played softball at Ernie Harwell Park. It was a lot of fun and nobody stopped us.

The title of the film is "FORCE-OUT how Detroit lost Tiger Stadium"

It does not focus around the demolition, but the sequence of events and mistakes made on the part of the city that led to the demolition, and what is being done to preserve the field.

It's going to be a really positive movie, and hopefully build awareness of what's going on so we can get the support of the community to preserve what is left.