Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Hung---locations last night

The locations last night were awesome. The scene from the Tiger Stadium infield was sad and exciting at the same time. Does anyone know which bar Lenore was at when she was sipping her Martini with her woman friend?

I was wondering the same thing, looked like greektown to me, you could make out the people mover track outside the window.

Never saw the show before. Just caught the end of it, beginning with the Tiger Stadium shots. While it was nice to see that stuff, I gotta say the writing seemed subpar. If they don't improve that, this show will go the way of Tiger Stadium.

I agree great locations last night.
    The show has been just dragging along for awhile and that's too bad because it's great seeing parts of the city. That season finale will be the series finale I believe.

Looking at the background outside that bar it seems to be in downtown Birmingham somewhere looks towards Old Woodward Ave.

What about that red and white car wash the two pimps were at? It said Gratiot Car Wash, is that by Eastern Market?

The locations are the only reasons why my wife and I continue to watch this "unfunny" comedy.

And I think all the "real pimp" locations are shot in Chicago. Noticed a Tribune paper box on the sidewalk in a recent episode.

I did see a blue Tribune newspaper box in a few episodes as well but right near them were the yellow and red boxes of the Detroit Free Press and Detroit News.

You're right on about the show being "unfunny"

The car wash scene had a superimposed downtown skyline. That place doesn't exist.

Thanks, I thought that skyline in the background looked odd plus from the angle there is no place in the city to see the RenCen etc that way from anywhere on Gratiot

Hung, getting the "DetroitYES" treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Hung, getting the "DetroitYES" treatment.
    Haha. Well, in fairness, I've only seen that little bit of it. Probably unfair to condemn it on the basis of a few minutes.

On the other hand, I was blown away the other night rewatching "Raging Bull," which referenced Detroit a lot.

My Girlfriend turned it on, and it was a few minutes before the awesome Tiger Stadium scene!

They had it right, the place was torn down for GREED!