Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default can you buy a beer at the zoo?

just curious. thinking about going today, but want beer more.

I guess a bunch of drunk people would give the animals something to laugh at.

Can people take their dogs to the zoo? They take them everywhere else they're not welcome.

Not according to their website:

http://detroitzoo.org/Shop/Shop/Foods-Gifts

But then the Royal Oak bar scene is less than a few blocks from there so stumble on over and hoist a tall frosty one there.

sneak in a few....

Yea I saw at their website they did not mention beer. Just wasn't sure. If anything I can bring a half pt of rum and mix acordingly. lol Thanks though. the wife and I are just going to stay home and make a nice fancy dinner.

I've bought beer at the Zoo, they sell it there. Unless something has changed since then, and that was like 2 years ago. Go to the main cafeteria [[I think its the Arctic Food Court?) A peacock was giving me a disapproving look, but I was like "Hey, you aren't even supposed to be here. Quit pretending you're an exhibit."
    Last edited by Johnlodge; August-29-10 at 10:24 AM.

Don't feed it to the animals unless you plan to eat them.

Cattle ranchers say wine-swilling cows make tender beef

Buy American Guest

I think boose was barred from being sold in the zoo since the monkeys got pissed.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; August-29-10 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    I think boose was barred from being sold in the zoo since the monkeys got pissed.
    'Pissed' doesn't mean the same thing in the U.S. as it does in Europe. Here is means mad. Over there it means drunk.

|Er, yes. Getting pissed over here means indeed getting very drunk...

Funny thing, those cultural differences.

Better example.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    just curious. thinking about going today, but want beer more.
    Sorry, but the Polar Beers, Black Beers, Grizzly Beers, etc. at the zoo are not for sale.

I remember watching one of the polar bears at the zoo playing with a keg in the water. He would dunk it, roll over on it, push it up on the shore, let all the water drain out, and then do it all over.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    I've bought beer at the Zoo, they sell it there. Unless something has changed since then, and that was like 2 years ago. Go to the main cafeteria [[I think its the Arctic Food Court?) A peacock was giving me a disapproving look, but I was like "Hey, you aren't even supposed to be here. Quit pretending you're an exhibit."
    Damn peacocks with their condescending looks!

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    Damn peacocks with their condescending looks!
    http://www.fupenguin.com/2009/04/kee...nts-buddy.html

bartock Guest

With all due respect to detroityes, that may just be the best site in all of humanity.