Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mike Bouchard Raids MJ Houses, & Shops

Bouchard, must have his panties in a bunch, from losing the primary. He took it out on medical marajuana growers and shops. Ferndale just gave several more permits out, just the other day. Wish I new what prompted this action. Med. MJ is legal. the voteres in the whole State, have decreed this.

http://detnews.com/article/20100827/...-illegal-sales

Ryan Richmond, co-owner of Clinical Relief, on Thursday denied the allegations by police as he drove to visit Curtis at the Oakland County Jail.

"They said we were selling to people who were not patients. That never happened at our store," Richmond said. "Everyone had state-approved cards." ....

"They have been resistant to accepting marijuana as medicine," said Komorn, a Bloomfield Hills attorney.

"This is a very disturbing story. Patients were held at gunpoint and dragged out. This law was designed to protect patients and caregivers -- not expend our resources arresting patients and caregivers

This is a disturbing story. Don't they have any real crime to deal with?
    Last edited by Pam; August-27-10 at 05:47 PM.

The arrests were made for offenses ranging from possession to sales and distribution of marijuana and include business operators, employees and customers, including some with state-issued medical marijuana cards.
    I hope nobody was hurt. There were bound to be some sick people there.

Bouchard wanted to see GM fail and liquidated so I would expect this type of asshattery from him regarding MJ.

Blarf Guest

I still stand by my view that with a bit of luck, any asshole against the use of medical marijuana die of a horrid slow painful disease all while being denied relief.

Bouchard really used to be a truely nice guy. Not at all like the jack-booted thug he has become.

And you all question my general alarm at the introduction of surveillance infrastructure and Patriot Act & other erosions of our civil rights.

Even GOOD laws at the hands of bad people can have results that, well, are very Nazi-like.

Or worse.

I've been terribly disturbed at this news since I first heard it. I was concerned because it was in Ferndale...I've had some previous experience with their chief and consider him one of the good guys. Now I see he may have been merely complicit, don't know his opinion of these actions. This WAS all Oakland County sheriff, right?
    Last edited by Gannon; August-28-10 at 10:24 AM. Reason: (concerned, not alarmed)

There was talk that this came down from Mike Cox's office.

Thanks, JL.

That explains the smell.

http://www.grm780.com/the_granempori...alifornia.html

There is so much wrong with THIS story, I cannot even think straight right now.

Raids on INDIAN land?! What ever happened to the whole Sovereign Nation concept?

And in California, no less.

Hemp Prohibition must end.

OK, found some official news articles on this...and they 'say' that it is some Mexican drug cartel...because as we all know there just isn't enough land down there, fully controlled by them...and that the tribe wasn't involved.

Uh-huh. Where is the quote from the tribal spokesperson?! Very unbalanced reporting.

But then again, it's a WAR, right? Fuckers.

http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=13038998

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/...5161282777636/

Default Opportunistic crooks use Indian land to grow MJ

Now, I think Medical MJ is the issue at the forefront of this thread. Illegal drugs are another thing. People who use other people's land to grow illegal MJ are just crooks, not only are they growing an illegal crop, they are stealing the use of land from the rightful owners.

I do think MJ ought to be legal, but since it isn't, the whole crook thing comes into play. It should not be so with LEGAL medical marijuana, just like with other legal controlled substances.

Here is another story about a bunch of Spanish-surnamed people getting caught this month farming MJ on Menominee land and National forest land in Wisconsin. This was probably a bumper year, too.

http://indiancountrynews.net/index.p...827&Itemid=109

RE: Indian tribes growing marijuana as a sovereign right. It is not a sovereign right to grow an illegal crop, unless such is part of the reserved treaty rights. Tribes are subject to federal laws, so DEA would be the enforcement agency.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; August-28-10 at 11:27 AM.

The real reason why the raids occurred:

"Perlman said "nothing illegal" could have been going on at the cafe," then added, "unless a law enforcement undercover officer got in with phony identification."

Perlman also heard that the raid was to create a medical marijuana test case."

We are the government.

You are incapable of running your own lives without our benevolent intervention.

We know what is best for you.

You will do what we tell you to.

Do not think for a moment that this law stuff means anything to us.

Bouchard is being a typical ass+^#_. I love it [[sarcasm) when cops say they're sworn to uphold the laws and they then proceed to uphold laws they agree with and trash those they don't like. The bit of information I heard about this was that the sheriff's office claimed the law was unclear so they proceeded to prosecute the raids and seizures under another law. Maybe it was a federal law. Either way, this is a matter for civil courts and legislation, not cops. I'll bet there was a bunch of money behind this for the sheriff and his department, not to mention publicity for the next campaign.

I sat with a judge and an attorney at Sala Thai many years ago, when they invited me to join them after yielding my spot in line during lunchtime.

During lunch, I admitted my lifelong use of marijuana, and bemoaned my lack of understanding of how a natural substance which was basically ubiquitous around the world could EVER be legislated against.

Hey...she directly asked me if I was a user, and I wasn't going to lie. Not quite sure what I said that indicated it, perhaps it was my question about when hemp prohibition was going to end.

She told me to work to have the laws changed...but then agreed with me when I replied that IF I chose to, the likelihood of being harassed into prosecution would preclude any success I might have otherwise enjoyed.

We had a moment of clarity, while the attorney with us was throw into apoplexy. It was one to be cherished, for sure.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Gannon; August-29-10 at 10:28 PM.

The STATE is to blame for the lack of direction with this legislation. So they wait for local municipalities to deal with it [[most of them are just playing kick the can) by passing their own ordinances, let the pioneers open shop in the few municipalities willing to be leaders with this, and then kick the doors down, throw cancer patients on the ground and arrest people. Then they'll figure out what was legal or not. What a crock of bullshit. More failed Michigan leadership, big surprise.

That said, it may be some of these guys were out of line, or not following the barely existing laws correctly. I don't really care because I think the entire criminalization of marijuana is a bullshit farce perpetrated by the petrochemical industry that causes us far more harm than good.

http://www.amazon.com/Emperor-Wears-.../dp/1878125028
    Last edited by Johnlodge; August-30-10 at 07:53 AM.

What is the reason that medical marijuana is not dispensed from traditional pharmacies? It would seem that existing pharmacies would be better prepared to handle all the legal access controls. Is it just because the legal marijuana suppliers are required to handle only small quantities but pharmacies handle drugs in bulk?

Sincerely. I've never heard this question addressed.

I am sure, since Big Pharma's wares are in direct competition with Mother Nature, that there is a conflict of disinterest.

Heh.

Actually, since it is outside Federal Statutes currently, I'd bet the FDA has some say in whether a pharmacy can dispense Hemp products.

Perhaps they just don't want to extend their liability to cover this...

Great question, though, Jimaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    ... Actually, since it is outside Federal Statutes currently, I'd bet the FDA has some say in whether a pharmacy can dispense Hemp products....
    Could be. I know pharmacists themselves are licensed at the state level but that may not be relevant.

It seems curiously inefficient to have a special dispensation network for one particular drug.

One problem is they can't assure uniformity of the product like they can with manufactured drugs. Potency varies. They could regulate and inspect production to assure the product doesn't have dangerous pesticides maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    One problem is they can't assure uniformity of the product like they can with manufactured drugs. Potency varies. They could regulate and inspect production to assure the product doesn't have dangerous pesticides maybe.
    ... I think people are less worried about pestisides than they are about those damn seeds......

Those damn seeds insure continuation of the species.

Plus, they are an excellent source of the most complete protein easily digested by we mere humans.

Those damn seeds insure continuation of the species.

Plus, they are an excellent source of the most complete protein easily digested by we mere humans.

LMAO.... John... as though you've never accidentally smoked a seed....

Even GOOD laws at the hands of bad people can have results that, well, are very Nazi-like.

Mr Bouchard was not following any laws during his raids last wednesday - he was admittedly going against State law to; "test it, you know I used to be a legislator". He in fact broke state and federal laws, primarily HIPAA. This will result in an huge class action suit against Mr Bouchard - personally - for violation of civil rights, on a rather large scale.

Who raids a medical clinic wearing masks and carrying machineguns ? Criminals.

And you know all the actual chronic pain people were back on the phone Thursday morning with their doctors, getting their Government subsidized pharmapsuedical dope - vicodin, oxycontin, oxycodone, codeine...alllllll massively addictive and with limited benefit...all laced with acetaminophen to blow out your liver.

All at a massive profit to big pharama.

See: this goes on all over the area - its the same everywhere. When a new dealer moves into a hood, the dealer in that area send enforcers to wipe them out and make example. Territorial pissings. Mr Bouchard was enforcing for corporate big phrama - the Government Pushers.

God Damn the Pusherman, and his enforcers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast