Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Suggestions needed, please

The boss has asked me for suggested luncheon speakers for a community organization. Weekly, 30 to 45 minutes, no [[overt) politics or religion. No pay, but they buy lunch and treat you nicely. West 'burbs, but these folks are interested in the whole of the Metro area and beyond. This would be an excellent way to inform folks of Fort Wayne's history and current needs, for example. Message me a phone number or an email with any ideas, please.

What is the mission of the community organization?

Send a message to PlymouthRes...I'm sure he can put you in touch with speakers about Fort Wayne. Mark Covington of Georgia Street Community Collective would be happy to talk about how he started his urban farming and community organization. You can reach him at georgiast313 at yahoo dot com.

Don't know of other who will speak for free...but I'm sure they are out there.

Mackenzie68, check your inbox for a private message from me.

This is a Rotary/Kiwanis/JC type group, looking to get to know their community better and do some networking. I don't mean to be mysterious but I didn't tell the boss that I was posting this so I wanted to save some anominity.

All ideas considered!

Vic and Plymouth Res have been replied to. Anyone have an amazing hobby they would like to share?

Bumping my own thread.

Bicycle people, Detroit Tour people, recyclers, Cub and company, Metro Detroit nostalgia, special interests? Friends of Belle Isle? Matchbook collectors? Anybody? Bueller?

checkraisej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie68 View Post
    Bumping my own thread.

Bicycle people, Detroit Tour people, recyclers, Cub and company, Metro Detroit nostalgia, special interests? Friends of Belle Isle? Matchbook collectors? Anybody? Bueller?
    I'll come talk to your group. There is a fee, however.

oh yeah, I can give you a stemwinder on home embalming if you want.

Stosh Guest

I'll come talk too. The mating habits of the opossum and the bedbug should enthrall your group.

Ravine Guest

Stosh, I tend to believe that your presence alone would provide visual testimony as to the mating habits of the opossum and the bedbug.
    I'm assuming that the 'possum was very small and the bedbug was very large. Otherwise, y'know, strategical & tactical difficulties.