Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Trinity Lutheran Cemetery [[German Lutheran Cemetery)

Does anyone know who to contact regarding burial records at Trinity Lutheran Cemetery [[formerly German Lutheran Cemetery - on Mt. Elliot, next to the Packard Plant)?

I'm researching my family history and I'm not sure if I should just send a letter to the cemetery address or if records are kept elsewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I sent a letter of inquiry to the street address and received a very prompt and full reply. The records are kept at the cemetery. I did enclose a SASE.
    Last edited by Ray1936; August-27-10 at 03:30 PM.

Make sure you're as detailed as possible when sending an inquiry. Trinity is an older cemetery and like so many, all their records are stored in files, handwritten. No computer database for widespread searching so the clerk searching will need as much information as you can possible give. That said, I've been there a few times doing genealogy research and always had good experiences. The staff and their groundskeeping crew were very helpful as far as assisting me in finding the graves of some ancestors from a few generations ago. Good luck!

Thanks for the info!

Default Trinity Lutheran Cemetery

You may also have some luck if you contact Historic Trinity Lutheran Church. They once owed the cemetery and may have death, burial records there. [[313-567-3100).

I assist there about once a month with headstone orders. The best thing to do is to go up there or call and ask to see Katrina. She runs the office and can help you with what you need.

[[313)921-0286

DetLiving: I thought about that, too. I sent them an email, but so far no response. Probably is better to call them directly.

MizMotown: I went ahead and sent a letter to the cemetery, but I do plan on visiting there soon, as well. Thanks for the tip!