Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DetroitPole Guest

Default Mayor if movin' on up to the east side

http://www.freep.com/article/2010082...g-at-Manoogian
    Detroit Mayor Dave Bing changes mind, heads to spiffier Manoogian Mansion

Boy, isn't that nice for him? Changed his mind on living in a waterfront mansion? I wonder if it is as nice as his place in Franklin. At least he's just hanging out there and doesn't actually have to buy a place and live in the city.

This stinks. Why is the poorest big American city providing a mansion for a millionaire businessman to live in? AT $150,000 PER YEAR! Yeah it should stay a private residence, so why don't they sell it or rent it? I'm sure the taxes on that place aren't cheap [[if Lord Bing had to pay taxes like the rest of us, that is) so that couldn't hurt the city coffers. Houses don't sell well in Detroit but that one sure would. If they rented it, they could put the money towards security, snow plowing, and cleaning up that park in the Villages.

The residents of JB don't appear to be too thrilled to have it as an attraction again, with cars piled up along Dwight. They also seem to be concerned about that park, but who cares, fuck 'em.

So much for promising not to live there. I guess that old loser realizes he is a one-term mayor so he better live it up before he takes up residence in Franklin officially again.

$150,000, I guess four extra cops would be nice, but of course the mayor needs a mansion. This place is a fucking banana republic, and he is Papa Doc.

You would rather see it abandoned and fall to rack and ruin?

Once mayor KING BING moves into the Manoogian, he will throw a housewarming party and everyone's invited.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET!

"Oh you better get movin'in, for their's a PARTY AT THE MANOOGIAN!"

Neda, I miss you so.

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    $150,000, I guess four extra cops would be nice, but of course the mayor needs a mansion. This place is a fucking banana republic, and he is Papa Doc.
    The man is not taking a salary which would be far more than the $150,000 per year it costs to maintain the mansion whether it is occupied or not. He should be entitled to live in that house just as the previous Mayors have.

But with you, Pole, he is an "old loser". Why is that? Is it because he still has a home in Franklin? You are really something else. If you know so damned much why don't you run for Mayor, forego a salary, and still pay for your own housing.

You are a real piece of................. work [[I'm going to be nice here)
    Last edited by DC48080; August-27-10 at 11:18 AM. Reason: typographical error

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    You would rather see it abandoned and fall to rack and ruin?
    The plan was to rent it for special events and make money.

Actually, the plan was for Bing to be a one-term mayor, for that matter. The plan was he wasn't going to live at Manoogian. But I believe the plan now is to ride this figurehead for all he's worth.

Personally, I could care less whether the mayor lives in the mansion or not. That has never been an issue with me, even as far as Kilpatrick was concerned. I do find this Bing quote ironic:

Quote Originally Posted by Freep.com
    "I'm renting a home in Detroit and I'm not getting a salary," said Bing, who said he plans to pay all moving costs. "I don't have a problem with not getting a salary, but I don't think I should pay to be mayor."
    He asked for this and now he's complaining he got it? If he wants to live in the mansion, just do it, but he is the one who ran on the "no salary, no paid for housing." I just don't want to hear the excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Personally, I could care less whether the mayor lives in the mansion or not. That has never been an issue with me, even as far as Kilpatrick was concerned. I do find this Bing quote ironic:

Originally Posted by Freep.com
    "I'm renting a home in Detroit and I'm not getting a salary," said Bing, who said he plans to pay all moving costs. "I don't have a problem with not getting a salary, but I don't think I should pay to be mayor."

He asked for this and now he's complaining he got it? If he wants to live in the mansion, just do it, but he is the one who ran on the "no salary, no paid for housing." I just don't want to hear the excuses.
    Good point, CP. I tell you, this gets to be more of a sham every month. I want to ask at this point: Other than having long enough coat-tails for Beckham and the rest of the Kilpatrick Konvergence to ride into office on, what has Mayor Bing accomplished?

I don't really care if Bing does or does not live there. But I can't believe Kwame painted hardwood floors! That is offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    http://www.freep.com/article/2010082...g-at-Manoogian
    Detroit Mayor Dave Bing changes mind, heads to spiffier Manoogian Mansion

Boy, isn't that nice for him? Changed his mind on living in a waterfront mansion? I wonder if it is as nice as his place in Franklin. At least he's just hanging out there and doesn't actually have to buy a place and live in the city.

This stinks. Why is the poorest big American city providing a mansion for a millionaire businessman to live in? AT $150,000 PER YEAR! Yeah it should stay a private residence, so why don't they sell it or rent it? I'm sure the taxes on that place aren't cheap [[if Lord Bing had to pay taxes like the rest of us, that is) so that couldn't hurt the city coffers. Houses don't sell well in Detroit but that one sure would. If they rented it, they could put the money towards security, snow plowing, and cleaning up that park in the Villages.

The residents of JB don't appear to be too thrilled to have it as an attraction again, with cars piled up along Dwight. They also seem to be concerned about that park, but who cares, fuck 'em.

So much for promising not to live there. I guess that old loser realizes he is a one-term mayor so he better live it up before he takes up residence in Franklin officially again.

First of all the Manoogian Mansion was donated to the city by the late Alex Manoogian, father of Masco Corp. chairman Richard Manoogian... owner of one of the country's finest private art collections [[value well in excess of $100,000,000) He currently has a wing of the DIA named after him, and heads the Founders Society.

The Manoogians donated the mansion with a stipulation that it can never be sold or used for other purposes... or it reverts back to the family.

If the city pisses off the Manoogian family... say bye-bye to the fabulous Manoogian collection for the DIA. Just google Charles Lang Freer to find out how a world class art collection slipped away from Detroit back in the early 20th century [[to become the Freer Gallery/Smithsonian on the Mall in Washington DC) when the city pissed of a major art patron.

That would be penny wise... pound foolish.
    Last edited by Gistok; August-27-10 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Once mayor KING BING moves into the Manoogian, he will throw a housewarming party and everyone's invited.

Neda, I miss you so.
    Who's going to bring the strippers ?

Also the DetNews says he wants to change the house's name to the Mayor's Residence. But why?

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Who's going to bring the strippers ?
    The one and only urban legend Mike Cox

Quote Originally Posted by choquant View Post
    Also the DetNews says he wants to change the house's name to the Mayor's Residence. But why?
    LOL... wonder if the Manoogian family made that request!!

After all the infamous party was not the Kwame Party... but the Manoogian Party.

you all talkin about the Boggie in Mansion

Some of you fuckers villified him for not living in the city. Now he does that and you still crucify him.
    Get your own heads outta your asses...just another reason Detroit can't rise! Fucked if you do, fucked if you don't.

I just watched the report on Channel 4, and the Manoogian family and society is picking up the tab for all the repairs that are being done. The $116,000 a yr that the city pays is for upkeep which would have to be done if the mansion was uninhabited anyway.

DC48080 Guest

Hey DetroitPole, I'd like to ask you a question. Please answer honestly. Were you born and raised in the city of Detroit or did you move in from outside of the city proper?

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Some of you fuckers villified him for not living in the city. Now he does that and you still crucify him.
    Get your own heads outta your asses...just another reason Detroit can't rise! Fucked if you do, fucked if you don't.
    Could have used a couple less fuck words. All of the above makes sense to me though.

^^^^lol^^^^

I still say it would be nice if the MAYOR of the city would sell his suburban home and vow that when he leaves office that he will remain a RESIDENT of the city, stating that he believes in the city enough to stake a claim & stay a while. Hell, other people do it... why can't the Mayor? It doesn't exactly send a positive message to basically flaunt that when he's finished he'll he's gone like LeBron.

I'll pop in for early eat and greet, but I am leaving before it gets dark and the weird stuff starts to jump off... LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Neda, I miss you so.

Yeah, it'd better that he stay and not leave us to 'ourselves' as KK did until his lack of basic 'compliance' got him returned for the long term.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    I still say it would be nice if the MAYOR of the city would sell his suburban home and vow that when he leaves office that he will remain a RESIDENT of the city, stating that he believes in the city enough to stake a claim & stay a while. Hell, other people do it... why can't the Mayor? It doesn't exactly send a positive message to basically flaunt that when he's finished he'll he's gone like LeBron.

He does come off a bit whining. Always expect the unexpected I say. More revelations to come I'm sure... I am glad to see the residence being rehabbed for occupancy lest the "scrappers" have their way....
    Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Freep.com

Carpeting over them would have been worse... Shag carpeting worse still.... LOL ------
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintMe View Post
    I don't really care if Bing does or does not live there. But I can't believe Kwame painted hardwood floors! That is offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    You don't know our wonderful mayor do you ? Other than now, the only time he lived in Detroit was when he first came here to play for the Pistons out of college and that wasn't for long.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast