Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 2010-11 UofM Wolverines Football

What are your opinions and predictions this season for the Wolverines?

pain...

For the Wolverines. It is not going to be pretty this year. Michigan simply won't be able to stop anyone on defense. 5 wins tops and I'm being generous.

Rich Rod is a goner....4 wins tops.

Including losses to ND, MSU, OSU, PSU, Iowa, UCONN...

Who cares? I hate UM. All my fellow Mackenzie HS grads who went there were first class snobs. I hope they suffer this season.

I hope RichRod is renting, its tough to sell a house in this down market

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I hope RichRod is renting, its tough to sell a house in this down market
    Probably just owns the land... ya know... like...that thing... that he's being sued for...?

Dont look for much, but you never know. Keep the faith.
    Why dont all you sparties start your own thread. Then I can talk about Dantonio and him going into his 4th year following another losing season.

The thing that I don't like is that we're still on the same rotating QB carousel that we started off with. While Forcier, Robinson, and Gardner are all upgrades over the 2008 version of Threet, Sheridan and Feagin, I still don't like the approach. The QB is the leader of the offense and there's a rhythm that gets developed between the QB and the RBs, WRs, line, etc. There are nuances that teammates pick up on. To keep interrupting all that multiple times in a game is not something that I think works to their benefit.

On one hand I always want U-M to have a great season but on the other hand, I'm not a RichRod fan and know that one more bad season would spell the end of him.

In 2008 when they were on their coaching search, I really wanted them to consider Brian Kelly. I think he's a great coach, and he would have come in and been able to maintain a lot of the tradition that Michigan was known for but also opened things up a little more. If they would have hired him, I believe that they wouldn't have lost Mallet, they wouldn't have missed bowl games, and I think would today have Michigan right where fans were used to seeing them, which is in the discussion for the Big Ten title.

Instead, we're reduced to wondering if they can even make a bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    In 2008 when they were on their coaching search, I really wanted them to consider Brian Kelly..
    Think about this when they kick our butts this year

Michigan 30, Connecticut 10.

Go Blue!

Defensive secondary has injuries unfortunately.

ND next.

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    Including losses to ND, MSU, OSU, PSU, Iowa, UCONN...
    Well thats two off your list.

What a great game, what a great player

Go Blue

Go Blue!!! Back in the top 25.

there is our future Heisman hopeful...already striking the pose..GO BLUE

As a Notre Dame fan, I have to concede that Michigan's quarterback is something else. He was quite impressive, and I thought the game was really exciting [[although I would have liked to have seen ND win). I do wonder, though whether Robinson will make it to the end of the season. He's pretty small, and I think he's going to get banged up a lot. But, I think it will be interesting to watch him play.

The only wat to stop him is to get a hold of his un-tied lace. Go Blue.

Gotta be careful about running him too much. If he gets hurt that team is done for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Gotta be careful about running him too much. If he gets hurt that team is done for the year.
    We started out 4-0 last year with Tate and he impressed until he was hurt. And unless he quits on us he will be a very capable starter.

UMass should have been blown away by the Wolverines. The kicking and D iss going to ruin the season for UM.

Go Blue!

Liked the versatile offense today.

We need a victory against Indiana next week.

Running game is improving. They said in the Spring that Fitz is out best running back. Hope he is for real.
    Like I said before, Tate is a capable starter. He looked very good. This is not a one man offense.
    D is going to be the issue. They have to get better, not perfect, but just better each week.
    GO Blue

For those of us not attending the game, why are we subjugated to that verbal vomit from Matt Millen on the ABC/ESPN call? That man lost what football credibility he had with the handling of the Lions.

Smog, you are right on, with the last post.

Thumbs up

Zulu says "Go Blue!"

Wow. Seems as though the Detroit News' Terry Foster isn't exactly too hip on having Matt Millen at the game either AND he has a suggestion...

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/blogs/t...hp?blogid=1946

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast