Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Buck delivers goat to Cub

I'm still laughing at that realization.

One of my old high school friends, who has kept some of you musically entertained overnight through the radio for over twenty years, questioned last week on Facebook...in desperation, apparently...if anyone wanted a Goat, seriously.

I happened to be on-line [[go figure), and dropped a quick text to two of my favorite urban agriculturists...and Cub quickly said yes.

It took a week to arrange the drive down from WAY up near Flint, but finally this morning...Buck's goat has a new home with Cub.

I'm sure he will be happy there...it didn't take him long to get comfortable, after a few attempts at dashing out of his new digs. What curious eyes these critters have...he is one stubborn dude, and intimidating with some amazing horns for a two-year-old.

Buck was so moved by what he and his younger son saw on Georgia Street, he is recommending follow-up stories to his other media friends. Who knows where this'll lead...but it certainly feels right.

Cheers, Cub...you goat-daddy!

Good news, maybe Cub can put him to work mowing grass.

Congratulations, Cub!!!!!!!!!!!!

LodgeDodger Guest

Pretty soon, Georgia Street will have a petting zoo!

Ld, I think that base has been covered

Does it have a name?

cub should launch a naming fundraiser. for five bucks you can enter your name suggestion, and at the end of the fundraising event, all the names are tossed into a hat.

for a fin i'd submit, johnlodge

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    cub should launch a naming fundraiser. for five bucks you can enter your name suggestion, and at the end of the fundraising event, all the names are tossed into a hat.

for a fin i'd submit, johnlodge
    I think it should be named after forumer GOAT.

Hopefully y'all noticed that I kept that word UNcapitalized, on purpose.

Didn't want to get Goat's goat, yanno.

The rest of the pictures are now in Buck's possession, he really wants to help promote what is happening down here.

Cheers

Very nice!

Congrats Cub!

Goats are a great way to clear overgrown weeds and grass, and I don't think that there is an undersupply of those in the D.

I thought it was a billy goat that put a curse on the Cubs in '45. Must be a different goat and different cub.

I am glad Cub got his goat.He was talking about that last time I spoke to him.Thanks to a certain"Uncle" for delivering it to the GSCC.

Just a note - based on what I was told by several people closely involved...Please be careful about keeping your goat on the down low. I fully support having them around for multiple reasons. However, the lady who used to keep a goat or two in Corktown was forced to give hers up after a neighbor [[who moved in well after she did) decided the goats would "bring down the property values". IMO, goats don't do this as much as having jerks for neighbors does...

DetroitDad Guest

Very nice.

Just a note - based on what I was told by several people closely involved...Please be careful about keeping your goat on the down low
    Too late, he's already been in a music video.

DocTerry,

This is not the first time I've heard of disruptive individuals in North Corktown. They choose money over people, and don't care what they trample upon for their profits and false sense of security. They have no idea of the bad karma they are now subject to on the rebound.

I suspect someone associated with them also torched the abandoned house which was going to be turned into a Guyton-esque art house. I say this specifically, since I do not want to be a target of theirs in some idiotic lawsuit...but the trends happened ONLY after they moved into the neighborhood.

I'm not sure if they were there when Dave killed himself after that fucking stupid blight ticket at his place on Trumbull, but the spirit is the same with the same results.

They are the evil face of the thing called gentrification. Evil.

NO cheers...
    Last edited by Gannon; October-05-10 at 03:51 AM. Reason: (had to negate my sign-off)