Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

View Poll Results: My next car will be a...

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Acura/Honda

1 2.04%
  • Buick/Cadillac

3 6.12%
  • Chevy/GMC

10 20.41%
  • Chrysler/Dodge

5 10.20%
  • Ford/Lincoln

20 40.82%
  • Toyota/Lexus

2 4.08%
  • Hyundai

0 0%
  • Volkswagen

1 2.04%
  • Nissan

1 2.04%
  • Other

6 12.24%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default My next car will be a

What will your next car be?

A bus pass

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    A bus pass
    That's OTHER.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    That's OTHER.
    That was just me being a smartass. From the looks of it I'll probably be looking at Ford.

Since I am due for 2 vehicles I chose for the first which will be the new Caddy. The other will prolly be a Dodge Challenger.

How about this: My next home will be ... my car.

Rented a Fiesta. Lots of +s - great seats, smooth/quiet ride for a car its size. GREAT colors. Still, in the end I'm getting too old for tiny cars. It also desperately needs an armrest, and the passenger door just never looks closed

I know it has foreign content, but I want a Sprinter van conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Rented a Fiesta. Lots of +s - great seats, smooth/quiet ride for a car its size. GREAT colors. Still, in the end I'm getting too old for tiny cars. It also desperately needs an armrest, and the passenger door just never looks closed
    Those looked fun at the Dream cruise, Ford had all their stuff over on 9 mile. But Mrs. Lodge is still holding out for the 5 door Focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Those looked fun at the Dream cruise, Ford had all their stuff over on 9 mile. But Mrs. Lodge is still holding out for the 5 door Focus.
    they were fun. I think i will probably go up in size to a fusion though. unless the new focus pulls me in

Jeep Jeep Jeep that is if they aren't priced out of the market ...if then it will be a donkey...I hear they are great on mountains too..

I wanted a Fiesta but I think I'll end up with a Focus - the deal is too good to pass up.

The new Focus is on my list... just not sure which version yet.

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    How about this: My next home will be ... my car.
    Hey, you can sleep in the car but you can't drive the house. Right ?

DC48080 Guest

I'm due to replace my Lincoln in October. I've already ordered a Buick Lacrosse CXS. What an incredible car. I can't see why anyone would even consider a Mercedes or BMW if they have looked at or driven the Lacrosse. Best thing to come out of GM in decades.

Just bought a 2011 GMC Acadia....Love it!!!!

Bought a new '08 Ford Escape three years back; paid cash. Plan on keeping it until the wheels fall off.

You do things like that when you're retired.

A close friend just purchased a deluxe Lacrosse... a bit over-styled for me but an incredible ride. Feels European... in the handling. I love the double long sun roofing which has been a Chevy option as well. I like the blue interior subtle lighting on the interior door handles etc. GM is coming right on up with their Buicks.

Even if you don't want to go all out for the Lacross the mid-size and luxury Buick line is cool over the last 10 years. I'd take a Lascerne [[sp?) or a nicer Buick Century about now... quiet, a bit big but nice..... I must be getting old. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by DC48080 View Post
    I'm due to replace my Lincoln in October. I've already ordered a Buick Lacrosse CXS. What an incredible car. I can't see why anyone would even consider a Mercedes or BMW if they have looked at or driven the Lacrosse. Best thing to come out of GM in decades.

A very smart thing to do! I've talked to a few retirees who purchased cash cars either new [[if they had the dough) or a used job for under 10 G or so. If you have a 5 year financing on $30,000 car you'll be paying and paying... well you know.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Bought a new '08 Ford Escape three years back; paid cash. Plan on keeping it until the wheels fall off.

You do things like that when you're retired.

After I get my Jeep paid off soon [[finally) I'll probably drive that until it breaks down. Then, I'll probably get a Ford or maybe the Chevy Volt.

My next car will be a used one.

Chevy HHR in my near future. Keeping my 92 VW GTI for fun.

Default my next car will be..

a VW Bug, probably red or blue to replace a 1973 red bug that got totalled. I didn't do it! I miss the cool engine noises, so i'll have to put that on a CD and play it when i'm driving.LOL!

Older. Much older. Probably late 70s or early 80s if I can find one in decent shape. I will not buy a new car under any circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    they were fun. I think i will probably go up in size to a fusion though. unless the new focus pulls me in
    now that i've seen the new focus - i'm there. maybe the ST

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast