Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Home to share

Default Home to share

Owner of large home in Islandview Village near downtown, WSU campus and the Medical Center seeking tennant.

$375 per month kitchen priveleges, all utilities, use of washer/dryer, cable and internet access. Fully furnished but can provide storage for your stuff. Smoking and non smoking common rooms. Dog or cat ok pending approval by our dog. Must be open minded and flexible. [[note: will post more pictures of this beautiful 102 yr old home.)

Contact Randall after 5:00 pm. 313 922-7306

"open-minded and flexible"? Cross post to Kinky things said.

I take it you're trying to get my goat. Current posters on this forum have lived in here in the past. Open and flexible means exactly what I said. We do not descriminate. To share a home means one must be tolerant of others.

Get your mind and posts out of the garbage.

checkraisej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    I take it you're trying to get my goat. Current posters on this forum have lived in here in the past. Open and flexible means exactly what I said. We do not descriminate. To share a home means one must be tolerant of others.

Get your mind and posts out of the garbage.
    Telling people what to think and post doesn't sound very "open and flexible".

Maybe your ad should say something like this:

Owner of large home in Islandview Village near downtown, WSU campus and the Medical Center seeking tennant. Must be open and tolerant, except in regards to a sexual nature. You must not think about sexual innuendo, nor suggest it, nor post about it on internet forums. Ill-health and a willingness to bequeath your shit a plus.

The kinky remark was unnecessary. Sumas is just what she said, open and flexible. Why goat would want to try and paint Sumas the way he did I have no idea and why someone would approve of the slight, I have no idea.

The house is truly beautiful. Heres a couple of pics.

Thank you Django for your defense I was frankly very hurt and rather bewildered by the attacks.

Don't know when you took those pics but the house is indeed lovely and easy to live in. It is hard to describe, but when you are in the house it feels like home immediately. To just sit on the porch takes you back to a different era and stress just leaves you. Love that the house mascot Sarge and lord of the realm is in one of those pictures.

There is another ad listed here on DY for flat to rent and house to share that is up the street from here. Like EricC said, Islandview is a great community to live in. The neighbors are just the best. Convienent to WSU, Downtown, Eastern Market, the Medical center, Belle Isle and the Cultural Center. If my home isn't your cup of tea then check out his places.

I broke in and took the pics last week. I ate someones mac an cheese and had a beer.
    It really is an outstanding house.

checkraisej Guest

I was hurt and bewildered by the people here that can't take a joke. Goat's attempt at humor may have been a little sophomoric, but it was just a joke. Jesus christ, lighten up a little and quit taking everything so seriously. Joking about "breaking into" Sumas' house is perfectly okay, but an observation about a sexual innuendo is "unnecessary" and a "slight". You two are unbelievable. It's no wonder you get poked at all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    I broke in and took the pics last week. I ate someones mac an cheese and had a beer.
    So what you're saying is that there is no copper left in her house?

Dear check,

My ability to appreciate a joke is intact. Some things, however are just not funny and are plain poor taste. Goat was chasing me around the forum making some pretty bad and very insulting allegations. I don't deserve those comments.

Perhaps I am too serious! Oh well! Put me on a pillory!

I do not need to be vilified for being sincere. The comment about copper missing came close to being amusing but still missed, as a real joke. You are insulting real people.

My commitment to Detroit and maintaining a historic home by any means necessary, remain clear to me. But apparently that is not important to you and others. Just give it a few years and the swarms can come in to photograph another ruin.

I ran a "free" ad. It is not "funny" that the comments have pretty much de-railed that effort. Just a joke, right?

One more beautiful old home lost due to ignorant jokey comments! Burbs rule.

Sumas

checkraisej Guest

One more beautiful old home lost due to ignorant jokey comments!
    Oh please, quit being such a drama queen. Yeah, your home is going to wither into the landscape because of a couple assholes make a couple jokes on the internet. Not because of location, not because of crime, not because of shitty city services, not because of abject poverty or a litany of other reasons but because someone made a joke at your expense.

But apparently that is not important to you and others.
    Nope. As much as you would like to make as many things as possible about yourself, I don't care where you live. I've got my own home in an impoverished crime-ridden inner city to worry about.

Perhaps I am too serious! Oh well!
    Okay, well expect to be offended sometimes. Oh well!

The bottom line is that Goat's joke was not in poor taste, it just happened to be at your expense so you took offense to it. Your effort to rent a room has not been "derailed". If anything, your ad has gotten more attention than it would have otherwise. Once again, get over yourself.

Actually I am starting to like you. Now you are talking like a real person not a bozo. The insults are starting to sound almost affectionate.

We can exchange insults til the cows come home. Come over for a beer, name your brand. We will buy. Just do not steal the copper that is left.

You are 100 percent right, the exchange of words garners attention. Unfortunately, it is read by other folk seeking vicarious thrills. It does not rent rooms.

I am pretty transparent and no doubt dull. This home is very special and I made a death bed promise to keep it going. Please do not try to make a joke out of that.

Laugh at me if you will but not at my promise.

I even like the term drama queen. It invests a stigma that sounds like fun. I will try hard to live up to it.

Ravine Guest

That's the spirit, and that house looks terrific.

For cripes sake, it was a joke. If people get that hurt by that comment then perhaps you aren't as open as you think you might be.

So in a nutshell, it wasn't an "attack" it was a joke.

Nice house though.

Sumas, please post where I "chased" you around the forum making insulting allegations towards you?
    As for Django's defence? Well he needs to lighten up considering his past experiences have done more to deteriorate Detroit than a few words on this forum.

You should stop by the couch and have a martini at the Dally goat.

checkraisej Guest

Actually I am starting to like you.
    We'll see about that.

We can exchange insults til the cows come home.
    Okay, but I'm not trying to insult you, I'm trying to tell you that you are a drama queen. It's like telling someone they have spinach between their teeth. Whereas most people won't say anything, I'll tell you the things that are hard to hear.

Just do not steal the copper that is left.
    I highly doubt Django left any copper. Maybe an eye, but he probably didn't leave any copper.

You are 100 percent right...
    Thank you. I'm glad you see it that way.

the exchange of words garners attention. Unfortunately, it is read by other folk seeking vicarious thrills. It does not rent rooms.
    Wrong. Free advertising is free advertising and there is no bad publicity. Maybe "it" doesn't rent rooms, but as of right now, neither are you.

I am pretty transparent and no doubt dull.
    You are 100% right.

This home is very special and I made a death bed promise to keep it going. Please do not try to make a joke out of that.
    I'm not going to make any promises. I have to take my chances where I can get them.

Laugh at me if you will
    Way ahead of you.

Laugh at me...but not at my promise.
    I think I'll laugh at both. Thanks.

I even like the term drama queen. It invests a stigma that sounds like fun. I will try hard to live up to it.
    You are already living up to it, and you haven't even had to try. It fits you like an old glove. You are called a drama queen because you are being a drama queen, not the other way around.

Anyway, how big of a room are we talking here? If I have to be flexible and open minded to live there, are you going to be flexible and open minded about my activites?