Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Humanity is F'd

Default Humanity is F'd

Pastor says armed militia to protect church during Quran-burning event

[[CNN) -- An armed Christian organization, Right Wing Extreme, will protect a church that is planning to host an "International Burn a Quran Day" on September 11, the church's pastor said Tuesday. The Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville, Florida, says it is hosting the event to remember 9/11 victims and to take a stand against Islam. With promotions on its website and Facebook page, the nondenominational church invites Christians to burn the Muslim holy book.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/08/24/florida.burn.quran.day/index.html?eref=rss_us&utm_source=feedburner&utm_m edium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_us+[[RSS% 3A+U.S.)

Stosh Guest

Sounds like someone in Florida is trying to give Armageddon a kick-start.

Hopefully there will be a disaster that results in everyone of those idiots dying. It will be the best thing that could happen.

I wonder how many free speech apologists are gonna have chiming in? Now if this was the cae about an extremest Mosque doing this in NYC then this forum would be electrified with "How DARE They! Where do they think they are AMERICA?"

What people don't understand is that it is exactly this kind of intolerance that draws Islam's ire.

Tolerance, understanding, acceptance of the thoughts, feelings and beliefs of others would solve most of the world's conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    What people don't understand is that it is exactly this kind of intolerance that draws Islam's ire.

Tolerance, understanding, acceptance of the thoughts, feelings and beliefs of others would solve most of the world's conflicts.

Agreed but Im on the opinion that they DO know and that when certain sects of Islam DO make noise and do something then it fuels the fire of hatred against them that some "Christian" churches stoke.....

this whole thing is intentional in its design anyway....

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    I wonder how many free speech apologists are gonna have chiming in? Now if this was the cae about an extremest Mosque doing this in NYC then this forum would be electrified with "How DARE They! Where do they think they are AMERICA?"
    No, DS, most on this forum understand the concept of free speech and apply it pretty equally. There are a few kneejerks now and then but most here are pretty good.

athiests should be loving the burning of any religious books.
    the athiests on this forum should be happy whether it be a bible or a koran.
    they can dance in the streets because someone's "fairy tale" is under attack!

as far as the book burning party itself, I think it's stupid.
    people should focus thier time and energy in something positive
    instead of nonsense bullcrap like a book burning fiesta

I wonder if burning Qurans on 9/11 could be considered hate speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    That's dumb. Just because somebody doesn't believe in a religion doesn't mean they think disrespecting people by burning their sacred texts is ok. That's a broad generalization that doesn't pan out with my own experience with atheists I've known.

Again, whatever you do, don't bring firecrackers!

Who would Jesus shoot?

lilpup Guest

A group ought to stand nearby and calmly read aloud from the Quran for the duration. Might be educational for the morons.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    A group ought to stand nearby and calmly read aloud from the Quran for the duration. Might be educational for the morons.
    Yeah, and some asshole would probably shoot them.

as far as the book burning party itself, I think it's stupid.
    people should focus thier time and energy in something positive
    instead of nonsense bullcrap like a book burning fiesta
    as an atheist on this forum, I do not and would not sanction book burning of any sort. what we do welcome is the snapping of chains as minds free themselves from the limits of their fairy stories

Your religious prejudice is showing.

They can burn whatever they want. However sooner or later we are all goingto have to learn to live with people who believe and who are different than us....says this Catholic [[it has NOTHING to do with Christianity by the way, just religious zealots from another religion).

And should the day come for another religious war that is global encompassing [[WWIII perhaps?) I know which side I would be fighting on. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    They can burn whatever they want. However sooner or later we are all goingto have to learn to live with people who believe and who are different than us....says this Catholic [[it has NOTHING to do with Christianity by the way, just religious zealots from another religion).

And should the day come for another religious war that is global encompassing [[WWIII perhaps?) I know which side I would be fighting on. Do you?
    I'll just stay here in Detroit, I think it should be safe from armies trying to capture it. They'll probably march around it in a wide berth.

LMAO! Yeah why blow up buildings that have already fallen apart? Plus I am sure there are more guns in Detroit than most armies in the world.

Yes, I remember feeling quite safe living near Detroit on 9/11.

http://bronx.ny1.com/content/news_be...h-hate-crimes/

yes It is really a good thing no one is flaming Americans to .....

Let me get this straight.

20 Muslims try to fly planes into buildings and suddenly all Muslims are evil?

20 Christians burn books, but this has no reflection on Christians?

Can't we all just agree that there are 40 people who need their asses kicked into the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Let me get this straight.

20 Muslims try to fly planes into buildings and suddenly all Muslims are evil?

20 Christians burn books, but this has no reflection on Christians?

Can't we all just agree that there are 40 people who need their asses kicked into the ground?
    Not to start a pissing match, but I hesitate to call a nondenominational [[i.e. made-up) "Christian" church any sort of reflection on real Christians who actually read and understand what is written in their own Holy Book.

Dove World Outreach is just YET ANOTHER HATE GROUP cloaking themselves in Jesus to provide some semblance of legitimacy. http://www.adl.org/main_Extremism/do...ach_center.htm

I'm all for free speech, but by the same token, I get to call these folks "idiots" if I choose.
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; August-25-10 at 09:09 PM.

Burning the Quran is a bad thing? I think some books in that part of this hellhole state, just ran out of other literary masterpieces to burn...

THANK YOU ANN!!!

"It’s simply impossible for me to ‘belong’ to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group. I refuse to be anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse to be anti-artificial birth control. I refuse to be anti-democrat. I refuse to be anti-secular humanism. I refuse to be anti-science. I refuse to be anti-life. In the name of Christ, I quit Christianity and being Christian. Amen.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast