Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Help needed from all of YOU by the Historic Fort Wayne Coalition

To all Fort Wayne supporters:

I just wanted to get this out to you all so that if you support the Historic Fort Wayne Coalition's efforts to preserve the Fort, you can make your voice heard:

****For immediate release*****

The HFWC Vice-Chairman has entered the Historic Fort Wayne Coalition into the 2010 National Trust for Historic Places Community Challenge Grant worth $25,000! The money is being petitioned for the rehabilitation of the 1905 Post Headquarters building.

What is even better, is that through the Vice-chairman's tireless efforts in pursuing this, we have made it past - not one - not two, but THREE phases of the Community Challenge!

The effort of obtaining the $25,000 grant is to repair the wood floors from past years water pipe bursts, replace the current boiler system and paint the interior and exterior of the building, all of which will make this building much more usable and attractive for organizations and businesses alike, perhaps as leasable office space to help with funding to sustain the Fort.

The winner of the Community Challenge is based on the votes that your organization receives on the National Trust for Historic Places website! We need to the same support you all showed Historic Fort Wayne during the recent budget debates!

Let's Do It Again!!!

The Challenge is simple - Here are the instructions:
    1) Go the National Trust for Historic Places website - link below

2) Find the little icon in the state of Michigan labeled "Fort Wayne Headquarters Building".

3) Click on the link "View webpage" right below "Historic Fort Wayne Coalition".

4) At the top Right hand corner of the "Fort Wayne Headquarters" page, submit your first name, last name, email address and zip code to vote for Fort Wayne!

5) Forward on this email to EVERYONE you know with the link at the bottom of page.

IT'S EASY TO SUPPORT FORT!!!

Get on there! Get your name registered! Do Your part for Fort Wayne!!!

VOTE!!! VOTE!!! VOTE!!!

Please help in supporting us with your votes as soon as possible! I know that there are a ton of you folks that back the preservation effort we are waging at the Fort, so please help by casting your vote on our behalf. The HFWC appreciates all of your past support and we sincerely hope that we can secure this grant so that we can establish a basis for future grant applications by using this as a basis.

Thanks to all for your positive comments and gestures of support by attending our events, and I look forward to seeing us obtain this grant with all of your support and votes!

See you at the Fort!

Plymouthres

Just voted. Thanks for the information. I will spread the word.

Just voted!

Just voted, Res!! Good luck!

Stromberg2

My vote is in.

voted and passed along

I got an error message when I tried to vote. I have sent the info to the webmaster.

Voted...and will include the info when I send out the eCalendar tomorrow.

Voted...and praying you get it!

Thanks to all! You guys are the greatest! If we do get this grant, it will be because of the dedication you have all shown to our cause, and we appreciate all of you helping to get the word out and voting.

I knew that I could count on our DetroitYes family and we are really excited to be in the running.

I will update as we go, but, as of this evening, we have over 100 votes in our favor and the next few days look to be even more promising as we only got the word out officially today as of this posting!

Thanks again to all and tell everyone you know. We are up against some stiff competiton, but this will COMPLETELY cover the cost of totally refurbishing the building we are targeting! We are confident that we will prevail, though!

Res

Voted & posted to FB.

Voted. Fingers crossed.

I will vote, Have to send this to the Father in Law who worked at Ft. Wayne with the Corp of Engineers.

vote cast.

Done. Thank you, PRes and everyone else involved in this effort.

Voted. Best of luck!

148 votes already! Awesome!

Thanks to everyone! Voting ends September 15th, so please get the word out for us!

Res

Voted, and emailed the link to about 15 people. Thanks for the notification!

done, good work, P.res

Voted myself and have been passing the word along to a number of preservation supporters!

LodgeDodger Guest

Lodgedodger and betterhalf have voted...wish you the very best! Thank you for doing what you do.

Voted and thanks.

Just wanted everyone to know we are now at 301 votes!

Awesome job to all who have voted, and we appreciate your support!

FortWayne and all of it's glorious history thanks you!

PlymouthRes

Is anyone else getting this error message?

We're sorry - the page or function you tried to access could not be found on our web site. We would appreciate it if you could take a moment to email us at members@nthp.org, including details of how you arrived at this page, so that we can correct the problem.
    Thank you for your help,
    National Trust for Historic Preservation

Voted yesterday - didn't get the error message

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast