Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Mike & Ike [[The new gateway drug?)

<soapbox>

So how... in even the basic sense of ‘Right-is- Right/Wrong-is-Wrong’, do grape Swishers legally market near the grape Jolly Joes?

The cherry White Owls near the Cherry Chans?

Hell, even the Pina Colada blunt wraps aren’t marketed within ten feet of the rum.

Yhea, I’ve seen the loose Newports near the Now-and-Laters but I smoked Newports for 25 years and never got them confused . This flavored ‘blunt wrap’ thing is another matter and waaayyy out of control.

If there's an illegal association made between R.J. Reynolds' "Joe The Cigarette Smokin' Camel" and Micky Mouse then WTF is this?

Running party stores was a part of my family life for over 30 years. Never would we have placed the Night Train in the cooler with the apple juice.

I can even remember when selling crack pipes within city limits made news and became illegal. As a result, my mother made a common sense decision that rolling papers, while still legal, should not be visible in our store. Customers who [[ahem…) rolled their own tobacco would know to ask for them. We never saw a dip in sales as a result. Neither ZigZags nor blunt wraps are impulse buys.

If a law is not on the books tell me one ordinance that passed this year that makes more sense. It should be at least a $500.00 fine. Multiply this by the 700 or so party stores [[Beer & Wine licenses) within the city, plus gas stations, it could mean over $300,000.00 to [[uhh..I dunno) cut the grass.

As you start to pay attention you’ll find that almost all stores do it. Flavored tobacco products within 2' of the candy.

Muster the courage to speak on it when you see it or just quick snap a phone photo and upload them here.

</soapbox>

...next up issuing tickets [[or deportation) for loitering and panhandling...

./gG

^

Hahaha! Love it! Yes, this certainly poses some moral and ethical conundrums. They aren't purchasing these "blunt wraps" to roll their own "chee-roots" like Clint Eastwood in some spaghetti western, but they are perfectly legal. I wonder how bad the weed is that they need flavored wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by menckensghost View Post
    but they are perfectly legal.
    Legal yes but regulated as the tobacco product they are...blurred.

Quote Originally Posted by menckensghost View Post
    I wonder how bad the weed is that they need flavored wraps.
    Definitely not for the discerning palate.

Like most vices, Smoking is an acquired taste[sic] the green apple flavor just makes it easier to attract and profit.

The Mike and Ikes are for the munchies, they know when you buy the blunt wrap, you pickup a few moxes of hot tamales to take the edge off after enjoying your tobaccco product....

...so it's just me?