Check it out in today's Freep:

http://www.freep.com/article/2010082...ops-in-Detroit

The River Ranch Car Wash Café, an ice cream shop, car wash and party hall off East Jefferson near Mt. Elliot and Belle Isle, saw its heyday in the 1990s. Mostly a roadside attraction, the complex drew bands and neighbors on Saturday nights and families toting children seeking an ice cream cone in the summer.

The complex fell into disarray in the early 2000s as the businesses' founder, Larry Meeks, 56, nurtured an auto body business a block away. Plans to rebuild the shops ended with Meeks' death by a heart attack in April.
But a former protégé, Meeks' children and a Detroit entrepreneur have decided to work on a rebirth.

The goal of the Labor Day sale is twofold: Clear out Meeks' collectibles -- some valuable, some not -- stacked throughout the complex and raise enough money to repair the dilapidated building.

If you want to go

The River Ranch Yard Sale Fund-raiser will be 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Sept. 4-5 at 444 Meldrum, Detroit. Offered at the sale will be old cars, antiques, fine art, books, business equipment, tools, electronics, appliances, clothes and more.
Hot dogs, hamburgers and ice cream will be available, along with an inflatable structure for children and a caricature artist.

Yard sale vendors can rent booths for $75 for the day or $100 for the weekend. Merchant vendors are welcome for $100 a day or $125 for both days.
For information, call 248-242-3344.

I know that I will probably go to the River Ranch Car Wash to dig through the junk and find a few items I can get to support the place. I have taken tons of photos here at this mysterious Eastside landmark and the least I can do is show up to the rummage sale to support! Hope to see you all there!