Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default How Do I Love Thee? Tponeton

A Title, A Title, My Plumbers License for A Title!
    [[Working Title, Only)
    Part 1
    Last December, I wrote a ‘Swan Song’ to future posting and replies. The reason being, that I did not have the time to cogitate and then regurgitate, words.
    I wrote:
    “The cobbling of words, both entertaining and hopefully intelligent, have become more difficult and evasive with each passing day.
    The glibness of my story telling, stumbles as I write. I read it. I do not like what I read.
    Editing and revising and updating stories and a potpourri of notes and statements, bordering on hieroglyphic decipherment, can be overwhelming.”
    End of Quote>
    That was the simplicity of my situation, as far as it went. There is a far more difficult reason. During the past 12 months or so, Peggy’s dementia and, especially,
    her aphasia, has plunged downward with an increasingly sad, velocity.
    The worst of it all is her back problems. She can either walk OR stand for no more than ten minutes at a time.
    The X-rays, the orthopedist and chiropractor all came up empty. So, next week we engage a physical therapist and another MRI.
    Now, that is the ‘bummer’ for this post.
    But every cloud has a silver lining.
    ` Eriedearie: Your reply to my post, “Once Upon a Time” [[June 23, 2010) and your mention of Brother Brendan, got my juices flowing.
    Wednesday, August 17, 2010. 4:15 PM
    I was in the kitchen a few minutes ago, cutting up a small ham to make some pea soup!
    I thought of your mention of Brother Brendan. Then, that darkened light in the back of my brain began flickering a little brighter. Brother B. was forever pushing poetry to the young audience that he jousted with every day.
    “And then the lover, Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad Made to his mistresse’ eyebrow.”
    I knew I had to write something for September 1, callow fellow that I might be. Then, looking at the thick brown hide of the ham that had to be cut away, inspiration exploded? Brown led to Browning and then to Elizabeth and then, and then,,,
    How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
    I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
    My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight.

Lovely as it is, I prefer using something of my own.
    If I snatch a phrase or two from Ms. Browning, I hope she doesn’t mind.
    I can’t use the depth and breadth and height thing because Peggy would think I was calling her, ah, um, like,,,, overweight, maybe? She did go from 110 to 112 during the past month.
    Many years ago, I disdained the employment of using Hallmark Greeting Cards. A John Alden I am not. My Babe deserves more than a 2 or 3 dollar card with someone else’s words and philosophies. Early on, I wrote her a Happy Anniversary Card/Letter, with a pencil on a sheet of loose leaf paper. An excerpt follows:
    Dear Babe,
    I are so trilled, to bee wit yu,
    To celebrat our luv, that is so tru
    So nevr worree, and nevr dispare
    Wen suppar is on the tabl, I wil always be thare!

Part Two will follow. [[Yes, I do have a different title.)

It would be interesting to see the unedited stuff...

[[not that this isn't interesting)

I hope Peggy will be able to get around better asap. Happy anniversary to both of you.

Tp - I hope that Peggy is able to benefit from physical therapy. The therapists do really good work for a lot of people.

Happy Anniversary to you two love birds!

Glad to read that your creative juices got to flowing. We enjoy your posts so much.