Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

View Poll Results: Is Obama left handed?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 90.91%
  • No

0 0%
  • WGAF

1 9.09%

Default Is Obama Left Handed?

Is President Obama Left Handed?

I think we need to figure this out post-haste!

How sinister of him.

Yep, he's a lefty alright. I noticed it right away when he was signing some official documents when he first came into office... So is George W. Bush... I'm a lefty too. Woo-hoo. Glad we got this mystery solved ------!

Not sure about George senior or Clinton.
    Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Is President Obama Left Handed?

I think we need to figure this out post-haste!

Can a left-handed person really represent the best interests of the right-handed majority?

I appreciate having a left-handed president because lefties have been sorely under-represented in this category. I wonder if they print the logos on Mr. Obama's writing utensils so that when he holds them to write [[in his left hand), he can actually READ the words on the pen or pencil?

To illustrate what I mean, position a Bic pen, or a Ticonderoga #2 pencil or like that, in your right hand as if you are going to write something. You can read the words on the pen/pencil, correct?

So switch hands, pretend you are left-handed and are going to write. You are holding a right-handed pen/pencil - and you, as a leftie, do become proficient at reading upside-down.

It's a good skill to have but still, shouldn't I and other left-handed sinister types be given the choice and not be required to develop it out of necessity?

As was Bush Jr., Clinton, and a number of other presidents. I think we all can draw the lines, and see the parallels[[this must be a major, sinister plot!).

We, American's of the Right-Handed Majority must stop these, demented, sinister, and clearly anti-Christian folks from ever being elected again.

RISE UP!!!

You have nothing to fear but the loss of your right-handedness!

Some say the Constitution protects the minority, but we know from recent talking heads that the majority is what matters. The majority are right-handed and the right-handed majority has interests that the left do not.

Are we supposed to make all scissors dual-handed just to satisfy the minority left? The cost is prohibitive.

Should we stamp Corn.Bot's pencils twice, just so he can read Ticonderoga without additional effort? Cost prohibitive for the majority and it enables the left-handed to think they will always get a hand-out, so to speak.

Do the right-handed know what the left-handed are doing? The left-handed can't pull themselves up by their own bootstraps because they push the bootstraps instead. This is UnAmerican.
    Last edited by East Detroit; August-22-10 at 11:33 PM.

Lefties unite! Us soft paws gots-sta stick together..... LOL! Similar to my politics I am not too left dependent though. I'm somewhat ambidextrous and not too heavily left dependent. I mainly only use my left hand for writing and drawing.....
    Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Some say the Constitution protects the minority, but we know from recent talking heads that the majority is what matters. The majority are right-handed and the right-handed majority has interests that the left do not.

Are we supposed to make all scissors dual-handed just to satisfy the minority left? The cost is prohibitive.

Should we stamp Corn.Bot's pencils twice, just so he can read Ticonderoga without additional effort? Cost prohibitive for the majority and it enables the left-handed to think they will always get a hand-out, so to speak.

Do the right-handed know what the left-handed are doing? The left-handed can't pull themselves up by their own bootstraps because they push the bootstraps instead. This is UnAmerican.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-23-10 at 10:15 AM.

I suggest we round up all those shifty sinister-associated people people and keep them in one place, so all of those of the dexter persuasion don't have to worry about a sneak attack!

Who knows how many left handed folks there would be if their mothers didn't force them to change hands growing up. Obama is a solid lefty, unlike me who writes with his left hand and throws with his right hand

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Who knows how many left handed folks there would be if their mothers didn't force them to change hands growing up. Obama is a solid lefty, unlike me who writes with his left hand and throws with his right hand
    We need more Marv Marinovich's in this world. Tying sons right hands behind their backs and what not.

I wish I were ambidextrous.

There was a story about a girl born with four arms in India [[where it has special significance). They operated and successfully amputated two arms. All I could think was "Hey, if I'm ever born with four arms, I want to keep all of them!" And then I'd take up piano.

Great point. I grew up in the '60's when left-handedness was still a taboo. I was chided/ corrected to use my right hand, by one of my parents and a few of my teachers. This lessened by middle school. This probably speaks to why I'm so even handed. I adapted to a right-handers world... Doing many things with my right hand except dialing a phone, ironing and writing and drawing... I use right handed scissors easily, using my right hand when using a computer mouse... younger folks who are lefties are often heavy lefties using their left hand alot....
    Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-23-10 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Great point. I grew up in the '60's when left-handedness was still a taboo. I was chided/ corrected to use my right hand, by one of my parents and a few of my teachers. This lessened by middle school. This probably speaks to why I'm so even handed. I adapted to a right-handers world... Doing many things with my right hand except dialing a phone, ironing and writing and drawing... I use right handed scissors easily, using my right hand when using a computer mouse... younger folks who are lefties are often heavy lefties using their left hand alot....
    My older brother is also a southpaw and the 1st-grade nun did indeed tie his left hand behind his back so he'd use his right. [[This was about... 1956 or so: he's 60 now). According to our mom, bro could count back change from a dollar and write his name when he started school; and of course he was 'potty-trained' at 6 yrs old. Well, he ended up wetting the bed at night and being unable to add and subtract until the nuns were forced to back off about his being left-handed. Bro was allowed to be himself then, but never regained his initial learning momentum. By the time I started 1st grade in 1960, the nuns did not seem to care that I was left-handed. I had to learn how to 'compensate' for it on my own, though. [[To this day, I cannot write a number 8 the way the penmanship book said to. I got marked down for my inability then and likely would still.)

I [[and my brother, for that matter) adapted to the right-handed world without too much issue. So what if I hold scissors upside-down to cut with? Or that my shoelace bows are upside down? I am an ambidextrous mouse-user, though I mostly mouse on the right which leaves my left hand free to write stuff down when I need to, a real advantage sometimes.

Yep, it's a trip. I have a tendency to go for the left glass at formal dinners which can be problem! My father didn't want me using my left hand but wasn't too pushy about it... I went to public school and a couple elementary teachers tried to talk me out of it, but nothing severe. Just comments, which made me feel a bit weird. Then it was discovered I could draw and the lefty thing took a back seat to that... and I just adapted the rest of the way as I didn't want to need special left hand scissors and what not. And yes it is cool to be able to use a right hand mouse and write stuff down with left hand at the same time.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Corn.Bot View Post
    My older brother is also a southpaw and the 1st-grade nun did indeed tie his left hand behind his back so he'd use his right. [[This was about... 1956 or so: he's 60 now). According to our mom, bro could count back change from a dollar and write his name when he started school; and of course he was 'potty-trained' at 6 yrs old. Well, he ended up wetting the bed at night and being unable to add and subtract until the nuns were forced to back off about his being left-handed. Bro was allowed to be himself then, but never regained his initial learning momentum. By the time I started 1st grade in 1960, the nuns did not seem to care that I was left-handed. I had to learn how to 'compensate' for it on my own, though. [[To this day, I cannot write a number 8 the way the penmanship book said to. I got marked down for my inability then and likely would still.)

I [[and my brother, for that matter) adapted to the right-handed world without too much issue. So what if I hold scissors upside-down to cut with? Or that my shoelace bows are upside down? I am an ambidextrous mouse-user, though I mostly mouse on the right which leaves my left hand free to write stuff down when I need to, a real advantage sometimes.