Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Matt Dobek former Detroit Pistons Publicist dies

Here is the link to the Detroit Free Press article

http://www.freep.com/article/2010082...-director-dies

Sorry to hear that. Only 51, way too soon. Article said he got fired by the Pistons in May, I wonder why? He's been with them a long time.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; August-22-10 at 02:55 PM.

I understand that Matt Dobek committed suicide according to Warren Pierce of WJR. Sad story about Matt being fired!

What I find puzzling is why this flew under the radar? Barely a parting word reported on the news.

What I find puzzling is why this flew under the radar?
    Those who include WJR in their radio diet would disagree with that statement. Besides Warren Pierce, Frank Beckman devoted a whole segment on his radio show last Monday to discuss Mr. Dobek's suicide and the larger issue of coping with job loss and depression.

He's a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back -- that's an earthquake. And then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you're finished. Nobody dast blame this man.
    Arthur Miller, "death of a salesman"

Amazing how his sudden death was peddeled.
    Could it be someone at the newspaper was sensitive?
    When is the last time that happened?