Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Apartment building on Peterboro west of Cass

So I decided to take a drive up Cass recently to see what was new when I noticed the apartment building that was on Peterboro west of Cass is gone. I know I have a picture of it somewhere on my computer, I will look later. I thought I would start this to get some discussion going on any info or memories people have of the place.

454 0r 470 Peterboro?

Stromberg2

It was being demolished over the course of the last two weeks or so. It was on the Nw corner Cass and Peterborough across the street from the former Chungs, and directly behind the resale shop on Cass.

454, then. Thanks, Stylin.

Stromberg2

Yay! I found it!

The Facade was cool.....otherwise, meh.

Stromberg2

This looks a hell of a lot like the Huntington Hotel that burned down a few months ago at West Alexandrine. In the thread about the fire I also remarked that there were a lot of similar looking buildings nearby.

Here's that thread.

[[I know, it's strange. Living on the other side of the Atlantic, never seen Detroit myself, never been to the USA in fact, and already knowing my way around town. Hahahha!. )

Hellhole run by a man who collected rent in cash with guns and dogs. Places were $200/month. Poor running water and electricity. This is what I heard from a resident.

Good riddance to the place. After the Apt fire. up on the 3rd floor on the right hand side. The owner decided to leave the building to city. Over the last few years, it was a home for DEAD [[C)KRAK HEADS, schizoblacks, mutants, yahoos, winos, squatters and other pigeon rats.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET!

That is the the end of Chinatown Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    That is the the end of Chinatown Detroit.
    Oh THAT was the end of Chinatown Detroit. Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    This looks a hell of a lot like the Huntington Hotel that burned down a few months ago at West Alexandrine. In the thread about the fire I also remarked that there were a lot of similar looking buildings nearby.

Here's that thread.

[[I know, it's strange. Living on the other side of the Atlantic, never seen Detroit myself, never been to the USA in fact, and already knowing my way around town. Hahahha!. )
    UMMMM yeah that is strange. You would make the perfect stalker...lol