Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default U.S. Leaving Iraq Now!

MSNBC is reporting that the last of the U.S. troops are currently leaving Iraq!

So is it over or is it going to continue as a border war?

50,000 are to stay behind as "advisors."

Now to get the flake out of Afghanistan and Korea.

The troops leaving are being called the "combat" troops.

Now they're saying 5,000 to 6,000 troops remain. Fog of war?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Now to get the flake out of Afghanistan and Korea.
    Afghanistan, hopefully soon, Korea, not so fast there.

America has been in Korea since the end of WWII. We will not be leaving there anytime soon, since the Military Industrial Complex has a major cash cow, and a vested interest in keeping troops in combat there.
    Last edited by Detroitej72; August-19-10 at 01:25 PM.

The last of the troops are leaving? 50,000 are staying behind? Combat troops are all gone? Advisors are staying? Whatever is really happening, we the citizens paying with our lives and taxes, may never know. I believe the green zone is one of the largest military installations in the middle east. This is one huge line of bull*&^t.

President Obama kept his campaign promise to remove all but 50,000 'non-combat' personnel from Iraq. In 2008, the Iraqi Parliament voted to kick all US forces out of their country by the end of 2011. Meanwhile what is the status of US military contractors in Iraq?

Iraq demands all US troops out by 2011

Contractors Will Take The Place Of Troops In Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    President Obama kept his campaign promise to remove all but 50,000 'non-combat' personnel from Iraq. In 2008, the Iraqi Parliament voted to kick all US forces out of their country by the end of 2011. Meanwhile what is the status of US military contractors in Iraq?

Iraq demands all US troops out by 2011

Contractors Will Take The Place Of Troops In Iraq
    So, they give our soldiers, CIA and mercenaries hammers and screwdrivers and call them 'contractors'?

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Afghanistan, hopefully soon, Korea, not so fast there.

My main, man, Ray,
    America has been in Korea since the end of WWII. We will not be leaving there anytime soon, since the Military Industrial Complex has a major cash cow, and a vested interest in keeping troops in combat there.
    I think Ray is kinda familiar with that history.

When will we be pulling out of Germany?

I don’t know why they are saying that, because a whole ACR [[Armored Cavalry Regiment) leaves for Iraq starting next week. They are most definitely combat troops!

I see now, they just changed the names.

"Of the seven Advise and Assist Brigades still in Iraq, four are from the 3rd Infantry Division, based at Fort Stewart, Ga. The 1st Heavy Brigade of the 1st Armored Division, based at Fort Bliss, and the 3rd Brigade Combat Team of the 4th Infantry Division, based at Fort Carson, Colo., are also serving as Advise and Assist Brigades. " [[Army Times)
    http://www.armytimes.com/news/2010/0...t-name-081910/
    Last edited by 1st_Sgt; August-20-10 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Up dated

Yeah, this is just BS. Since there is no appreciable difference between the "combat" troops that are leaving and the "non combat" troops [[50,000 of them!) that are staying, this is just the administration's way to claim it is honoring its pledge of 17 months ago while doing the exact opposite. In other words, the long, bloody war is over; the longer, bloodier occupation has begun! They really have no shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    I think Ray is kinda familiar with that history.
    Yeah. And we've been there since 1950, not since the end of WW II [[1945), though I guess that's splitting hairs. What cranked me off about Korea was the student riots at the universities in S. Korea demanding "U.S. out of Korea" a handful of years ago. My irritation rapidly turned to agreement.

As for the 50,000 military "advisors" remaining in Iraq, I say we bring them home immediately and put them to work fighting illegal immigration by stationing them along the Canadian border.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Yeah, this is just BS. Since there is no appreciable difference between the "combat" troops that are leaving and the "non combat" troops [[50,000 of them!) that are staying, this is just the administration's way to claim it is honoring its pledge of 17 months ago while doing the exact opposite. In other words, the long, bloody war is over; the longer, bloodier occupation has begun! They really have no shame.
    That's politicians for you. Make's you want to become a demican, or maybe a republicrat. Could even convince you to become an independent. I've got it! An anarchist.

As for the 50,000 military "advisors" remaining in Iraq, I say we bring them home immediately and put them to work fighting illegal immigration by stationing them along the Canadian border.

*aaaahem*cough*cough* Is ahhh....is that for our benefit Ray? Appreciate the help!

http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Amhe...510/story.html

Yep. The "party of self interest" [[so we can stay in control) is the underlying factor for much policy and politics...

The dem vs. repub construct is often more a device score card: nice, neat and big letters, easy-to-read for the easy consumption [[sans the unnecessary details).

The 'polititrics' like this are the reason I am not a deep-dish democrat loyalist.... I just can't follow the dems around every corner they lay before me. Nor am I overly surprised when they start to act republic-anish [[smile).
    Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    That's politicians for you. Make's you want to become a demican, or maybe a republicrat. Could even convince you to become an independent. I've got it! An anarchist.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-21-10 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
    *aaaahem*cough*cough* Is ahhh....is that for our benefit Ray? Appreciate the help!

http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Amhe...510/story.html
    Hee, hee! See there? I'm brilliant and didn't even know it!

Yeah. And we've been there since 1950, not since the end of WW II [[1945), though I guess that's splitting hairs. What cranked me off about Korea was the student riots at the universities in S. Korea demanding "U.S. out of Korea" a handful of years ago. My irritation rapidly turned to agreement.

That would probably give the bar business along both sides of the Can/Am border a big boost.

Bring all of the troops home now. Let Iraq and Afganistan stand or fall on their own. Nine years is way more than we needed to invest in a defunct region. WhenI left Vietnam the last time I prayed "No more Vietnam's" and look what we have now. The whole region is not worth the life of a single american soldier - it's really quite unwinnable and a waste of our resources.