Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Journalism Has Nothing TO Do WIth It

http://crooksandliars.com/
    Fox Parent News Corp. Funds GOP Attack Machine to the Tune of $1 Million - So Far

"...More disturbing to me than even the editorial compromise that comes from such a contribution is the fact that the largest shareholder [[besides Murdoch) in News Corp is Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, who is launching an Arabic News Network in partnership with News Corp. That raises all sorts of ethical and political issues for me. Does the corporate veil shield News Corp from the ban on contributions from foreign countries? It likely does, but it certainly should disqualify Fox News from being considered a "news outlet.'..."

you really play one note over and over and over and ....

I think Fox News is in the process of abandoning its pretense of being "fair and balanced." They know it's become just too obvious that it was a ridiculous lie from the beginning.

What's more interesting is why anyone would watch a network that would lie to its own audience and then expect anyone else to believe them after getting their information from a liar.

I think it's the ideological equivalent of a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_scheme. Until recently all the participants thought they were getting in on the ground floor but a house of cards based on lies must eventually crumble in the light of truth.
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-17-10 at 06:57 PM.

Hey, it's all about ratings and the ad dollars. Everything else is bullshit and everyone knows it.

OK so the evil right wing FOX news who slams the mosque in NYC is now manipulated by Saudi Muslims?
    Mmmmm K just wanted to get that straight..

Why would anybody be surprised that William Randolph Hearst, er, Rupert Murdoch would partner up with Saudis, who are after all, solid right-wing conservatives.

He's also been courting the Chinese, and there are knuckle dragging mouth breathers in every country who will gladly embrace media that tells them what they want to hear, rather than actual news.

In a few more years, Murdochs empire will be such that one will be able to hear an American Fox commentator attacking Obama the Muslim, or discussing Iraq while showing a map of Egypt, while a Saudi Faux commentator rants about how no jews went to work on 911, and a Chinese Faux personality rants about how illegal North Korean immigrants are destroying China.

Yep, and the left news media is not exempt from their participation therein.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Hey, it's all about ratings and the ad dollars. Everything else is bullshit and everyone knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yep, and the left news media is not exempt from their participation therein.
    Can you give some examples?

The OP was about a parent corp., not individuals, giving money to a political party. And Koch has been revealed as the rightwing creator of "grassroots" organizations made to create the impression of public opinion going a certain way.

By contrast, only 193 of the employees contributed to Republican candidates and campaign committees, for a total of $142,863. The average Republican contribution was $744........
    Those donors weren't stupid. Their man had a snowball's chance in hell to win the election so most kept their cash in their pockets rather than piss it away on him.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    The OP was about a parent corp., not individuals, giving money to a political party.
    Well, you DID ask a previous commenter for examples of "the left news media's.... participation therein"!

However, since you want to tightly limit the discussion here, I've removed the offending post so you can continue living in your left-wing fantasy world.

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Well, you DID ask a previous commenter for examples of "the left news media's.... participation therein"!

However, since you want to tightly limit the discussion here, I've removed the offending post so you can continue living in your left-wing fantasy world.

Hey Mike, the best way to annoy a liberal is to use facts and logic as you just did. Some liberals have drank so much of the Kool-aid that they just become mind numbed and cannot fathom reality.

A few days ago I was actually going to post the same stats that you did but I figured why bother. The general tone of DetroitYes seems to be quite radical left leaning.

Quote Originally Posted by DC48080 View Post
    Hey Mike, the best way to annoy a liberal is to use facts and logic as you just did. Some liberals have drank so much of the Kool-aid that they just become mind numbed and cannot fathom reality.

A few days ago I was actually going to post the same stats that you did but I figured why bother. The general tone of DetroitYes seems to be quite radical left leaning.
    Here's a link to the article with the evidence that maxx asked for and apparently doesn't like. I'm surprised maxx didn't just dismiss it out of hand because it was reported in a newspaper other than the NY Times or Washington Post.

"maxx" responds to that article:
    Attachment 7256

DC48080 Guest

Or this could be him...........

... and speaking of reality... anyone with 50 posts and half a brain knows that this "urban" forum is generally "democratic leaning" [[a less condescending term than that used by those who worship Hannity and Beck)...

If you were expecting the same crowd on DetroitYES as you would find on MonsterTruckRallyYES... then you're on the wrong forum...
    Last edited by Gistok; August-29-10 at 01:42 PM.

Clearly, your use of cute little photographs and personal degradation of those who disagree with you show that you are a person interested strictly in FACTS.

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    If you were expecting the same crowd on DetroitYES as you would find on WWF.SmackdownYES, MonsterTruckRallyYES or WereKeepin'OurGunsYES... then you're on the wrong forum...
    Actually, I am not a fan of wrestling or monster trucks. But if you are, then good for you!

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

on Glenn Beck...

That this human-worm hybrid fcking charlatan phony can stand up there with "pallin' around with terrorists"-"dont retreat, reload" [[and keep dropping the N-Bomb) Sarah Palin, to "Reclaim the Civil Rights Movement" [[for white people), and "Restore Americas Honor" [[lost by electing the first african american president) by comparing a 3% tax-cut sunset for billionaires to lynchings and Jim Crow and dogs and fucking firehoses, orally defecating on Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech, probably the most important sociopolitical memory this country has, after spending the last 2 years transforming himself into a slobbering, blubbering, tin-foil-hat-wearing paranoid schizophrenic re-enacting some neofascist nightmare, latter-day Father Coughlin as serial killer smearing conspiracies on a chalkboard in his own feces in his basement, for no other purpose than to scare poor, uneducated white people into believing the "darkness" Black-Hitler-Antichrist is coming to systematically ravage their families with neo-marxist slavery reparations before shipping them off to white-slavery concentration camps, whilst he himself simultaneously defrauds them out of their life savings via Goldline.com so he can buy himself a mother fcking BOAT. Without the most universal, scathing, personal derision by every physically conscious citizen of this country and every non-white-supremacist news outlet in the world is completely, profoundly fcking beyond me.

There. I feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    on Glenn Beck...

That this human-worm hybrid fcking charlatan phony can stand up there with "pallin' around with terrorists"-"dont retreat, reload" [[and keep dropping the N-Bomb) Sarah Palin, to "Reclaim the Civil Rights Movement" [[for white people), and "Restore Americas Honor" [[lost by electing the first african american president) by comparing a 3% tax-cut sunset for billionaires to lynchings and Jim Crow and dogs and fucking firehoses, orally defecating on Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech, probably the most important sociopolitical memory this country has, after spending the last 2 years transforming himself into a slobbering, blubbering, tin-foil-hat-wearing paranoid schizophrenic re-enacting some neofascist nightmare, latter-day Father Coughlin as serial killer smearing conspiracies on a chalkboard in his own feces in his basement, for no other purpose than to scare poor, uneducated white people into believing the "darkness" Black-Hitler-Antichrist is coming to systematically ravage their families with neo-marxist slavery reparations before shipping them off to white-slavery concentration camps, whilst he himself simultaneously defrauds them out of their life savings via Goldline.com so he can buy himself a mother fcking BOAT. Without the most universal, scathing, personal derision by every physically conscious citizen of this country and every non-white-supremacist news outlet in the world is completely, profoundly fcking beyond me.

There. I feel better.
    Wow.... and here I thought he was "just a commentator" [[his words)... worshipped by many...

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Clearly, your use of cute little photographs and personal degradation of those who disagree with you show that you are a person interested strictly in FACTS.
    This coming from someone who refers to conservatives as "rednecks"
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...564#post175564

My my, aren't we easily offended.

This coming from someone who refers to conservatives as "rednecks"
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...564#post175564

My my, aren't we easily offended.
    This coming from a group who consider college educated Americans "elitist'?

DC48080 Guest

on Glenn Beck...

There. I feel better.
    I hope you do indeed feel better after that disjointed, profainity filled, name calling loony hissy fit.

I hate to burst your self rightous bubble but Beck did not use the "N-Bomb" as you call it.

DC48080 Guest

This coming from a group who consider college educated Americans "elitist'?
    Did I ever say such a thing? I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth.

Did I ever say such a thing? I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth.
    Did you even READ what I said?

Remember? Reading? Top to bottom, left to right? Group words to form sentences?

I said group... Try it again, if you need help with the big words, just ask

DC48080 Guest

Did you even READ what I said?

Remember? Reading? Top to bottom, left to right? Group words to form sentences?

I said group... Try it again, if you need help with the big words, just ask
    You quoted my words as if to imply that I held the view that is in question.

Calm down little guy and take your meds. And you shouldn't stand to
    close to the microwave with your tin foil hat on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast