Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Levin gets hit in face with a pie

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...-in-Big-Rapids

The only thing I feel is wrong about this is that a pie in the face = assault & battery? That's quite a stretch.

Of course it's assault and battery. He was attacked and hit. That's the definition.

Sorry, if that's the worst he has to face, I don't feel to bad for him. It ain't A&B in my book. But yes, there is some type of violation here.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post

The only thing I feel is wrong about this is that a pie in the face = assault & battery? That's quite a stretch.
    You know what else is quite a stretch...... finding this incident as worthy of a thread....

People have been "pie'ed and prosecuted" for many years...

gdogslim Guest

HA
    I wish there was video of that, I would pay to see it.
    I would like to see a dog lift a leg on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    You know what else is quite a stretch...... finding this incident as worthy of a thread....
    Yet you found it worthy enough to read it, and go even further and actually comment on it, giving even more value to the thread.
    Last edited by johnsmith; August-17-10 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Sorry, if that's the worst he has to face, I don't feel to bad for him. It ain't A&B in my book. But yes, there is some type of violation here.
    The only violation here is that there's no video of it available for us to enjoy.

Let me guess, you approved of the jailing of the Iraqi journalist who threw the shoe at Bush though.

What a terrible waste of a pie.......

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Let me guess, you approved of the jailing of the Iraqi journalist who threw the shoe at Bush though.
    OK, here we go with the tired "if you don't like a democrat, then you must love Bush" left vs. right garbage again that gets infused into EVERY thread here. This message board can't just discuss things on their own merit, everything comes down to pigeon-holing people into far left or far right. No middle ground for you turds.

This message board can't just discuss things on their own merit, everything comes down to pigeon-holing people into far left or far right. No middle ground for you turds.
    Not true. One can't help but notice that all your posts are the simple, right wing talking points, hardly discussing issues objectively.

Well, at least they didn't "stone" him like Tila Tequila. I bet she wishes she got hit by a pie.

If every pol that licked the boots of the pro-Israel lobby got pied, there would be a pie shortage.

Yum! It was an apple pie. I wish those guys would get ticked off at me.

Shoulda made it a pork pie...extra non kosher!!!!

That kind of behavior is rude and disrepectful to the citizens who have voted carl Levin into office.

BTW, I've never voted for Carl and don't imagin a time when I would; however, that doesn't mean I would ever condone such vulgar behavior.

littlebuddy Guest

An anti-war protester accused of hitting Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Carl Levin in the face with an apple pie during a constituent meeting in northern Michigan is jailed on a $250,000 bond.

Twenty-two-year-old Ahlam M. Mohsen of Coldwater was arraigned Tuesday on a felony count of stalking and other charges.

A Mecosta County district judge set her bond at $250,000, requiring a cash payment of $25,000 for her to get out of jail.

Mohsen has said she opposes U.S. military policy and its support for Israel. She was arrested last year for sitting in at Levin's Lansing office.

The attack happened Monday at the Michigan Democrat's appearance at a restaurant in Big Rapids, 150 miles northwest of Detroit.