Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Prosecuted for Unprotected Sex

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,599546,00.html

I want to know why those men were not automatically protecting themselves? AIDS is still out there, and the only way to ensure that you don't get it is to treat everyone you are intimate with as though they might be infected. And it's much easier for a man to protect himself than for a woman.

I would rather know why she was having sex with people without telling them she had HIV. If she had told them and they chose not to protect themselves, then we could play blame the victim; but her not telling them is tantamount to assault. Who knows, maybe she begged them NOT to protect themselves; that she liked it 'bareback'.

A case like this was huge news in Windsor for years

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Leone

Uh, oh, I'm in trouble. Do you think I'll get away with just a slap on my hands?

Aids IS real... have a family member or someone you know check out from this horrid disease and you'll know. It is not longer academic or political... Too many have the 'not me' attitude... until it is too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,599546,00.html

I want to know why those men were not automatically protecting themselves? AIDS is still out there, and the only way to ensure that you don't get it is to treat everyone you are intimate with as though they might be infected. And it's much easier for a man to protect himself than for a woman.

She probably did not tell them out of the same world view by she aquired AIDS herself: Life-on-the-edge 'sex-ma-tized' promiscuity. NO! I AM NOT SAYING that sex is evil and that promiscuity is the ONLY gateway to get AIDs, of course not.

But, multiple partners increases ones risk. Clearly. Even to the person who has sex with only one person who themselves had/ has multiple partners...... therefore passing the disease onto the unwitting partner.

Your decisions make you either high risk, or low risk... And the biggest tragedy is to the one who thought they were operating at low risk mode fooled by the likes of this.....
    Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I would rather know why she was having sex with people without telling them she had HIV. If she had told them and they chose not to protect themselves, then we could play blame the victim; but her not telling them is tantamount to assault. Who knows, maybe she begged them NOT to protect themselves; that she liked it 'bareback'.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-16-10 at 10:22 PM.

What about the case in Israel where an Arab man lied to a Jewish chick to get into her pants....guy is getting his ass put in jail for pretending to be a Jew.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    What about the case in Israel where an Arab man lied to a Jewish chick to get into her pants....guy is getting his ass put in jail for pretending to be a Jew.
    I'm interesting in seeing the details on this one. Do you happen to have a link, or a name I could Google?

Never mind, I found it.

http://www.jta.org/news/article/2010...rape-or-racism

As if I needed any more reasons to dislike the State of Israel.

Blarf Guest

Maybe she did tell them and they fucked her anyways. It's one of those "her word against mine" cases. Since he's infected, they are automatically going to take their word against hers.

However, after googling her pictures, she's not hot enough to risk AIDS by having unprotected sex with. Maybe if you're really drunk and coked up though.

That would fit into the "Life-on-the-edge 'sex-ma-tized' " mindset. But nothing is worth the risk of AIDs -- not looks or a temporary thrill...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    Maybe she did tell them and they fucked her anyways. It's one of those "her word against mine" cases. Since he's infected, they are automatically going to take their word against hers.

However, after googling her pictures, she's not hot enough to risk AIDS by having unprotected sex with. Maybe if you're really drunk and coked up though.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-17-10 at 07:39 AM.

Blarf Guest

Maybe those she infected are dying of cancer and didn't care. The news articles don't go that far in depth!

Thread title is inaccurate.

she's not hot enough to risk AIDS by having unprotected sex with. Maybe if you're really drunk and coked up though.
    L L
    Some people do think they are immortal, but like someone else said in this thread, after you see a friend or family member check out of life over this crap, it no longer becomes something you don't think can ever happen to you.

Unfortunately, there aren't even PSAs on TV about AIDS that I've seen. It takes a case like this to bring it back into the news. I'm afraid young people think a cure has been found when it's really just a treatment, and who knows how long it'll be effective?

Yep, and some now are even promote bare-backing as part of the thrill-chill. Unwise. Politicized.... Dangerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Unfortunately, there aren't even PSAs on TV about AIDS that I've seen. It takes a case like this to bring it back into the news. I'm afraid young people think a cure has been found when it's really just a treatment, and who knows how long it'll be effective?