Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Blarf Guest

Default Jay Towers: Detroit radio icon!

Does anybody else just want to punch this guy in the face? Why did the city let them put up all these STUPID Jay Towers billboards up around the city? They are a complete bummer, and an embarrassment to the city.

I'm not his biggest fan by any means, but I heard him on 97.1 and he was tolerable. Those billboards however are the prime picture of 30ish year old ...... bag. Point at camera, open mouth, looking like you are the most fun person ever.

I have to see that billboard every day... trust me it is not fun. I don't even know who he is.

I just laugh every time I see one those billboards. Awful advertising.

what a doooosh.

Damn! I'm glad I wasn't the only one! That pose is enough for me to start swinging! Ya a legend already. Jay who?

He was horrible in the morning on 97.1 The Ticket, sucked on his afternoon shows on a couple of other stations, tell me, why the hell is this Jersey clown on Detroit Radio?

Yet another nail in the coffin for FM Radio...

P.S. Mike Valenti, from 97.1 is not far behind, as this Out of Town Clown, along with Matt Dery are just as bad for Detroit Sports Talk Radio!
    Last edited by Detroitej72; August-16-10 at 12:50 AM.

All this hate is wasted on me. So what if he's from Joisey and so what if the billboards are ridiculous? The guy has done local radio and TV for a long time, he's got a decent conversational type of morning show and supports a lot of local charities. Give him a chance. But, yes, get rid of those God-awful billboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    He was horrible in the morning on 97.1 The Ticket, sucked on his afternoon shows on a couple of other stations, tell me, why the hell is this Jersey clown on Detroit Radio?

Yet another nail in the coffin for FM Radio...

P.S. Mike Valenti, from 97.1 is not far behind, as this Out of Town Clown, along with Matt Dery are just as bad for Detroit Sports Talk Radio!
    How many nails are left to put in the coffin? 20 years of the suck that is Drew and Mike should have buried it long ago.

What's really funny is I recall he and Bill on 97.1 making fun of people who make this exact pose and calling them DB's on more than one occasion.

yes that is a d-bag pose, but did you perhaps think that maybe he's doing it sarcastically..... afterall, there are a lot of d-bags living in SE michigan that would relate to that.... just look at all the idiots that fashion themselves after the guys from jersy shore....

i say we form a lynch mob and run him out of town, whats this guy done for the city, NOTHING, he probably doesn't even live within the city borders, scumbag suburbanite sucking d-bag....

bartock Guest

If someone was going to pay me lots of money to be on the radio with the condition that I have to look like a d-bag on a billboard, I'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    If someone was going to pay me lots of money to be on the radio with the condition that I have to look like a d-bag on a billboard, I'd do it.
    Yeah, I'm kind of with you on that.

I knew him when he worked in Grand Rapids. The kind of guy that most of the employees hated but the management thought he was the golden goose. He's not that great on the air, so I just don't get it.

Default DB Towers

What got me most about this tool is his cluelessness about Detroit or for that matter anything.
    They had him on a sports-oriented station and I don't think he knows the first thing about any sport other than tiddleywinks [[if that's a sport).
    I can't stand seing him on FOX2, but then I try to avoid Fox news anyway.

I saw him at Race for the Cure in May and I think he believed ALL those people were there to see HIM. What a tool!

Hey! Somebody has to take over for Purtan !

If I found out that Jay Towers was replacing me on my morning show, I'd come out of retirement and take it back.

Not sure who that guy is...a dj I guess...I was with you at first, Professor, wondering where all the hate came from...not like this is a kleptocrat or kakocrat...but after seeing that billboard on this thread repeatedly... that sure is a db pose, no doubt...man, I hate Jay Thomas, what a db!

Look closely. Think of all the poor moms having to explain to their kids why there's TWO giant cocks up there for everyone to see...

LodgeDodger Guest

I'd like to break his thumbs. His billboards are everywhere in the Metro area.

Secondary layer to all of this: The basement level production value of what ever "promo company" that sold this idea to who ever paid for it.

I can just see the pitch now:

" .... yea, so we get a big picture of Jay, make him a third tower .... oh wait! The Ren Cen! Tower! That's it! It's so Detroit! It's like some turd, ... I mean third leg of the stool!. OMG! Turd! Stool! Jay the D-Bag! It'll be like our own little inside joke! Oh, that's it! Nobody will get it at all, expect us! And, we'll plaster that D-Bag all over the whole city! Jumping JezzzzzUs! This will be great! ... D-Bag; I mean ... Detroit HIStory! ... "

Quite honestly I never thought of him as being too talented for radio nor television. Seeing him in that goofy pose all around town on those hideously loud billboards sure hasn't changed my opinion of him either.

Blarf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post

I like Mike Valenti. He gained cool points when he would consistently rip on Jay Towers back when he worked there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    I like Mike Valenti. He gained cool points when he would consistently rip on Jay Towers back when he worked there.
    I like Valenti as well, he knows his sports... and that is all that matters to me [[regardless of where he is from).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast