Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dudes we dig

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Here's one for LodgeDodger:

Attachment 1552
    Thanks, Pam! He was hot, even in his seventies.

[[I knew I was getting older when I started to think guys in their sixties were hot. Years ago, I remember thinking guys in their 40's were dinosaurs. )

Rescuing this thread from obscurity...I've been watching Kung Fu reruns lately and I am forced to agree with you Lodgedodger about David Carradine. I didn't notice he was hot when I was 10 and first watched the show.

You know when he is not dressed as some ridiculous character Sacha Baron Cohen is a nice looking dude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk2oee2kjT8

Ladies, Pardon my intrusion, but upon looking at a few of the specimens here, the elderly balding rotund gent above, he's hot?

Lorax Guest

Here's one I know a little something about....

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Ladies, Pardon my intrusion, but upon looking at a few of the specimens here, the elderly balding rotund gent above, he's hot?
    He may not be "hot" in the usual sense...women appreciate men for other reasons. Their intelligence, sense of humor, their manners, the way they know how to treat a woman, etc. There are many ways a man can qualify to be one of the "Dudes We Dig"...it's not all about looks.

In fact, there are a couple of guys that post on this forum that I've never met, and I "dig them" for their opinions, their views, the humor they let shine through in their remarks.

It's not all about the outside package.

uh huh...

Mama mia, I did not see this thread sooner. Probably just as well. Meantime, I was just lamenting how I can't go see the one guy for whom I would've gladly been a groupie back in the early 70s... Chuck Negron, who used to sing with Three Dog Night. <<Insert heavy deep sigh here.>> I rediscovered Chuck early in the new millennium. He is no longer involved with Three Dog Night, who tour as themselves. Chuck tours as a solo artist and let me tell you, he still has the pipes to pull off some amazing performances. I last got to see him this past February when he was at the MotorCity with Blood, Sweat & Tears. Chuck will be at Pine Knob next Tuesday, July 21, with Hippiefest. I have a previous unbreakable commitment. I... won't.... be..... there. Waahhh. Life is so unfair sometimes.

Chuck was, and is, a definitely digable dude. He was a stone-fox type in 1972, and he's aged pretty well. I've heard it said all the drugs he did in his sordid junkie past worked like preservatives [[LOL). Here are a couple of pics of him, one from his Easy to be Hard-Jeremiah was a Bull Frog days when I first drooled over him as a teenager; and one from a far more recent show, when I drooled over him as an adult. These are face shots but oh, he still does incredible justice to snug leather britches even though he's like 67 now.

Oh, yeah, Chuck is also a very decent human being. He did the get rich, do drugs, screw up and lose it all, and find the way back thing and now walks the high road. [[www.chucknegron.com if you are interested in hearing/seeing more.)

How about his guy . . .

He turns 66 tomorrow. Still as hot and sexy as he was 40 years ago. And he too can wear some leather pants to make you dream about.

This is what he looked like back in the 70's . . .

Peace, Love & Bobby Sherman!

lol, Bobby Sherman is my uncle...

well not the famous 70's pop star but his name is Bobby Sherman none the less.

My sister named her daughter after 'Julie, Julie, Julie Do you love me?'

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    My sister named her daughter after 'Julie, Julie, Julie Do you love me?'
    Oh, thanks, now I'm going to be singing this all day. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CornBot View Post
    Oh, thanks, now I'm going to be singing this all day. LOL
    It's only fair; it rang through my head all last night.

Did we have this dude in the old thread?

Attachment 2482

I read this funny quote by him the other day:

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x6107132

LodgeDodger Guest

Just watched "Frankenstein" with Kenneth Branagh. HOTTIE.

Attachment 2487

Hope you don't mind the intrusion, ladies, just thought Uncle Walter desrved a mention. RIP

We can't let this thread die, ladies. It's the only one that's Batson free!

I've been watching some of this dude's old TV shows lately. His new one Burn Notice is also pretty good. Michigan native, Bruce Campbell:

Attachment 2965
    Last edited by Pam; September-06-09 at 12:38 PM.

Lorax Guest

I'm crushed you ladies didn't think I was "hot" way back when.

So, this is a current, updated photo:

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    I'm crushed you ladies didn't think I was "hot" way back when.

So, this is a current, updated photo:

Lose the 'stache.

I had never seen a picture of Jack White before, he's cute.

Patrick Swayze, God rest his soul.

Pam,

My first impression is he loked sort of like Johnny Depp. I do see a MJ likeness too though.

Jay Silverheels

Now that Jay has opened the tipi flap, here are some more gorgeous native men:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYH9U3wlY0k

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast