Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Police Presence Downtown

Has anybody else noticed an increased police presence downtown? I've noticed more officers on bikes and walking the street. Also, I think there's a squad car parked on Woodward/Congress almost every afternoon at rush hour.

Is it just me?

Just keeping the po'folks, DEAD [[C)KRAK HEADS, schizoblacks and mutants out for a while.

Yeah! I noticed the same thing. Yesterday, I went downtown for the day and saw mulitple bike cops.

Good to see them workin!

You have to define downtown. When I was in business downtown, it didn't include anything past Wasington Boulevard, Adams and one block from Greektown. After Illitch was given the Fox, the boundaries stretched to reach one, or two blocks from the Fox, in any direction, part of the Woodward corridor by the Fox, depending upon the whims of the moment. The Fox, DPD mini-station was amenable to going a bit further if necessary and your favorite cops were on duty. Otherwise, the only time the DPD showed up was to ream you out for calling them for anything less than a murder, which offense they didn't respond to very hurriedly.

There are no cops in our section of downtown and we are under siege with car thefts and break-ins.