Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Geoffrey Fieger running for Detroit Mayor in 2013

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...ger_annou.html

What do you think?

Do you think that Fieger will permently move to Detroit to run? Or do you think he will have two houses like Dave Bing does?

From the article linked above:

"Fieger, who lives and works in Oakland County, won the Democratic nomination for governor in 1998 but lost by a wide margin to then-Gov. John Engler. He flirted with a second gubernatorial run earlier this year but ultimately opted out, explaining that "to run successfully for governor, you have to compromise your soul."

Thanks for the laugh Geoffrey....

He is about exactly what the city does NOT need. I'll take someone who is no politician or scholar who shows an actual love for the city over the Feiger-type who love to see their face in the paper & on the tele any day. He is one of many who need to just go away.

I have a bad feeling about this.

He should have run in 2001. Like Hillary, he waited too late and missed his best shot.

If Bing doesn't get his act together, he probably won't stand a chance.

If you had your choice, who would you like to see in the Mayor's Office?

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    If Bing doesn't get his act together, he probably won't stand a chance.
    Didn't Mayor Bing already announced he would be a one term mayor.

I still think Ken Cockrel can be a good mayor, but Gary Brown has impressed the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    Politicians keep their word?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    Mayor Bing stated that he was to be a one-term mayor because he wanted to be able to make the tough decision with no worries of losing the office that he does not plan to seek again.

Jeffery "The Ambulance Chaser" Fieger wants to run for Mayor of Detroitin 2013.

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA! [[laughing!)

It's like having a mouse with a pet cat. Detroit haven't had a white mayor since 1973. How could he win if he could reach to entire 81.2% black Detroit community? We just have to find out if Fieger runs against a black Detroit male or female candidate. RACE before political principles and reputation plays huge factor in political campaigns. If Americans can but a black man into the white house. I'm sure we Detroiters can put a white man in the black house.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Detroit does need a great white hope political reformers like Fieger for Neda's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Jeffery "The Ambulance Chaser" Fieger wants to run for Mayor of Detroitin 2013.

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA! [[laughing!)

It's like having a mouse with a pet cat. Detroit haven't had a white mayor since 1973. How could he win if he could reach to entire 81.2% black Detroit community? We just have to find out if Fieger runs against a black Detroit male or female candidate. RACE before political principles and reputation plays huge factor in political campaigns. If Americans can but a black man into the white house. I'm sure we Detroiters can put a white man in the black house.

Detroit does need a great white hope political reformers like Fieger for Neda's sake.
    So when are we going to transcend this ignorance and continually call up the race card? Are we finally going to evolve beyond Danny's ape like posture and grow a spine and elect someone based upon character and not the color of their skin? I thought that's why I voted for Obama; it wasn't because he was a novelty or because of a perceived precentage.

Detroit needs to rescue itself and not wait for some "white savior".

If this is street prophecy- leave it be in the damn gutter. We can debate the worthiness or lack thereof of Fieger but slipping back into this obvious "hey! he's white!" is so moronic, simplistic, and ideologically inept, it's not even funny. It's not street prophecy- it's being Danny- Master of the Obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    So when are we going to transcend this ignorance and continually call up the race card? Are we finally going to evolve beyond Danny's ape like posture and grow a spine and elect someone based upon character and not the color of their skin? Detroit needs to rescue itself and not wait for some "white savior". If this is street prophecy- leave it be in the damn gutter. We can debate the worthiness or lack thereof of Fieger but slipping back into this obvious "hey! he's white!" is so moronic, simplistic, and ideologically inept, it's not even funny. It's not street prophecy- it's being Danny- Master of the Obvious.
    I'm just being comical. My race question is how is Fieger going to reach out to the black ghettohoods and bring his promise to the people? For far as I know the 'BLACK POWER' revolution of the late 1960s and 1970s are over. Coleman Young is dead! Dennis Archer left and King Kwame Kilpatrick took the Manoogian Parties some place esle. [[ like federal prison) If Fieger wins it would be Detroit's great white hope just like Gary Indiana elected its white Mayor in the late 1990s.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET!

In memoriam: Neda Agha Soltan

So when are we going to transcend this ignorance and continually call up the race card?
    ???

It's not street prophecy- it's being Danny- Master of the Obvious.
    You argued against the person instead of against the person's message.

At least this will be an entertaining election due to Fieger's presence. Anybody remember his "Dumb, dumber, dumbest" campaign adds when he ran for governor?

The Freep article I read about his announced candidacy http://www.freep.com/article/2010081...it-mayor-in-13 claims Detroit's population is "nearly 90%" African American. I think this claim is pretty out of touch and the 2010 Census will show that the percentage is significantly lower these days.

I don't see why Detroiters wouldn't elect a white mayor. They elected Maryann Mahaffey and Sheila Cockrel over and over again.

I don't think they'll elect Feiger mayor, though. Gosh, I hope not. Although if he is elected, at least he got his federal indictment out of the way already.

I find it comical that Danny has anointed himself a "street prophet."

Let me give you some advice, there, junior. If you have to say you're something, then you're really sending the message that you probably ain't it.

In other words: truly cool people never talk about how cool they are. And true street prophets don't feel the need to proclaim themselves as such.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you are indeed a street prophet, and it's just not getting through from the Internet. If so, tell me which street corner you're going to be preaching at, and what time, and I'm there. You bring the megaphone; I'll bring the placards and Sharpies. Sounds like a party.

In Detroit, there are over 910,000 in estimated population according to the 2008 U.S.Census.

There are over 80,000 remaining white residents who are currently living in Detroit.

Over 52,000 Mexicans and Hispanics remaining in Detroit.

Over 34,000 mix races like Arab muslims and Chaldeans remaining in Detroit.

Over 9,000 Chinese remaining in Detroit.

Finally over 686,000 blacks remaining in Detroit.

Those few votes whites, Mexicans/Hispanics, Arabs, ans Asian votes are not enough. In order for Jeffrey Fieger to win the Detroit mayoral election in 2013, He needs to gain the trust of mostly black ghettohoods, black churches and its political grassroots organization and fight the Black Slate [[That's those black folks that ONLY vote for new or used black city leaders due to their reputation in city services.) He needs at least over 470,000 black Detroit votes to win. That's about up to 74% out of the whole 100% of 686,000 black Detroiters.

When Coleman A. Young won the election to become the first black mayor of Detroit in 1973, He recieve over 90% of the black vote and 10% of the white vote. During the time there were over 650,000 whites and over 430,000 blacks and 15,000 Mexicans and 11,000 Chinese living in Detroit. Coleman A. Young must have over 150,000 white votes to offset the 10% to become mayor. This is something the Fieger must battle. Like I said to all you. RACE will play a role in all political elections not just poltical principles and glamourous show horse reputations. I hope Fieger will win to become the first white Mayor of Detroit , a predominately black city. If he don't, he might try again in the next 4 years.

Because changing Detroit take action not playing race cards and talk for Neda's sake.
    Last edited by Danny; August-14-10 at 12:24 PM.

bartock Guest

Fieger has sued the City for tens of millions of dollars over the years. It will be interesting to see how he addresses that, though it could be fairly easy to.

Fieger is no great white hope, nor is he a "black" candidate, either. He's tried that ploy many times. I wish I could find the comment he once made that since his grandmother grew up in Highland Park and he grew up south of the "10 mile divide" [[in the early 1960s?) that he was, essentially, a Detroiter. I'm too lazy to find the two quotes, but they are out there.

I believe that Bing stated fairly soon after saying he would only be a one term mayor that he would not rule out a second term.

So I don't like Fieger really as a person, and I have experience with that. However, I don't think he'd be corrupt. He's worth more than $100 million, if I recall correctly. The lifestyle Kwame had while ripping taxpayers off could be bought by Fieger a dozen times over, and he'd see this as a legacy. The reason why I do not think he would make much of a mayor is that by all accounts, he is a quick study as a trial lawyer, not much of a planner. He's had millions of dollars reversed on appeal, I understand that he ends up overpaying for everthing from his house renovations in Bloomfield Hills to his sprawling complex on several blocks of 10 Mile road. That is, of course, hearsay, but it is a fairly loud whisper. He's theatrical, but too adversarial, and he's not a good businessperson. Theatrical and adversarial has been tried on every level of Detroit politics, and something new needs to be given a shot. Could you imagine the things that he would say to divide the region? The only way it could really work is if he surrounded himself with terrific people. He's done a good job of that with his law firm, actually, but his litigation skills, in my opinion, ultimately would not translate well to Detroit Mayor.

Two things- #1 Dave Bing is a "stop gap" temporary mayor. He's too much of a buisness man, executive guy, out of touch guy to be embraced by the citizens. #2 Fieger has an affinity for blacks. Blacks have an affinity for Fieger because he takes up their causes, has a big mouth & isn't afraid to stand up to the establishment. This may sound silly to some, but don't be surprised if this actually happens. By the way, Danny [[the street prophet), who is "Neda" that is so prolific? Do tell!

And, oh also, Fieger has an insatiable appetite for publicity. The more attention, the better. A "ten ton" ego. Sounds like someone else we know- huh?

I like how Fieger bops side to side and claps his hands to the beat of the Gospel music when he attends black churches. When in Rome, I suppose...but he looks a bit ridiculous with his Mahalia Jackson impersonations.

I read the info on Nedas' bio. Very tragic. Meanwhile, back in the D, we have our own third world problems. Fieger has always been an opportunist- from Dr. K to others. The brothas' mostly like Jeff. He should give it it a shot. What the heck.

You wanted an all black controlled city- you got it. Black mayor, black police chief[[ fucked), black controlled infrastructure. You got it- and it don't work. Who you gonna' blame? Don't blame anyone else. I've heard all kinds of excuses- " white people moving to the suburbs" etc. People don't want bullets flying by their head when they walk down the street. Crime does really happen everywhere, but where is it most "likely to happen"?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast