lots of Raffles and games

Sweetest Heart Of Mary
    4440 Russell at Canfield
    Detroit,Mi
    313 831 6659
    www.sweetestheartofmary.org

See You There!

Mmmmmmmmmm, pierogi!!!

It's a good time. Cold Beer and pierogi.

Looking forward to it!!!!

Always great food...and a chance to see one of the largest and most immpressive church buildings in Detroit...the windows and the painted vaultings are amazing.

Potrzebuje pierogi ruskie! Kocham!

If it doesnt rain tomorrow me and the fam will be down there...I have always wanted to see the inside of the church!

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Potrzebuje pierogi ruskie! Kocham!
    Uh, Ewwwww.

had a great time today we will be back next year, and we I found out about the Oktoberfest at Saint Josephs in September so now i cant wait for that

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmommy View Post
    had a great time today we will be back next year, and we I found out about the Oktoberfest at Saint Josephs in September so now i cant wait for that
    Uhhhhhh, photographs???

Yes,the oktoberfest at St.Joes,another great event!

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Uhhhhhh, photographs???
    my camera has died! my child took some pics of her food and with Paws on her disposable camera, once i get them developed i will post them

Weather held up!!! Mass was great. Food delicious. Folks just down right friendly!!

Great food today!

My Folks said they were going, Have to spend a half hour on the phone with Mom today.Might head there myself.

The Polka Mass was inspiring...the food was terrific [[loved the golobki and the city chicken while hubby went for the pierogi)...along with the beer and the music of Pan Francek in the air...a lot of fun...enjoyed the Polish dancers too! Great to see traditions carrying on!!!

And made a couple finds at the Resale Shop...including a framed color aerial photo of the GM Tech Center [[date not yet determined) for 50 cents!!

Nice Pics,Kathleen, sorry we missed you and Dave

I stopped in on Saturday and haven't been to Sweetest Heart since last years festival - Anyone know what happened to Father Mark? It looks like there's a new priest...

You need Russian pierogi?

My parents went down there today to get some food...they were disappointed and a little ticked when they found out they ran out...

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    I stopped in on Saturday and haven't been to Sweetest Heart since last years festival - Anyone know what happened to Father Mark? It looks like there's a new priest...
    I was wondering the same thing. I called the rectory a few months back and they said he was recovering from some health problems and that we'd be getting a new pastor.

New pastor as of July 1. Father Mark is on a medical leave of absence.

The Perogi Festival was great again this year. I went with a group to the festival after going to 4:00 mass at Holy Cross in Delray, where they have air conditioning. Perogi fest masses at Sweetest Heart are packed and they have no AC, which normally is okay but not when that place is crowded.

We spent a good amount of time at the festival and then took an order of perogis to Abick's for Manya and had a great time at Abick's.

So thanks for a great Saturday, Detroit. Nowhere else could you go to a Hungarian church, then to a Polish festival, then to a dive bar owned by Ukranians that live above the bar.

I love this place.

Quote Originally Posted by pgn421 View Post
    Nice Pics,Kathleen, sorry we missed you and Dave
    Ditto! I would have liked to say hello , bet we passed right by each other

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmommy View Post
    Ditto! I would have liked to say hello , bet we passed right by each other
    Probably!! Since we only met the one time, and it's been a while...

Saw a few friends there, but no fellow Forumers that day. A really nice time!!!