Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Obligatory Complaining About Dream Cruise Thread

I'm going to knock this one out real quick and get it out of the way.

1) Who's going to Dream Cruise?
    2) I hate the Dream Cruise, it's just traffic and pollution and noise.
    3) I like the Dream Cruise, go every year.
    4) The Dream Cruise doesn't go into Detroit, so I don't care. It should go into Detroit.
    5) No it shouldn't, cruising was always done on that portion of Woodward, not in the City.
    6) I wouldn't take my classic car into Detroit if you paid me.
    7) You're racist.

Feel free to add anything I missed.

You've missed a few:

8.) It's way too crowded.
    9.) Can you believe what they want us to pay to park?
    9a.) I can't find a good place to park my car.
    10.) Your worshiping of these old cars is harmful to Mother Gaia!

11) Too many damn Chevys!

You forgot the 100% baseless claims of.....

12) Nothing but toothless sweaty drunk rednecks at the cruise who pee in your bushes and vomit on the sidewalk.

And the perpetual....

13) I'm so dumb and/or lazy I can't figure out how to get around town without driving on Woodward, or trying to cross at a closed intersection [[like 9 mile)

Quote Originally Posted by Fury13 View Post
    11) Too many damn Chevys!
    Hehe, I got a kick out of that one.

The Dream Cruise is supposed to be an event that attracts people to Ferndale. It just makes me want to stay away.

It attracts these kinds of people to Ferndale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaKPW...ext=1&index=26

Default Nelson House dies at age 70

The founder of the Dream Cruise has died.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010081...der-dies-at-70

How sad. And in these days, rather young.

Quote Originally Posted by boogiechillen View Post
    The Dream Cruise is supposed to be an event that attracts people to Ferndale. It just makes me want to stay away.
    There you go, that's the spirit! Get it all out. I figure if we take care of this now, then those of us who do enjoy it can do so without all the handwringing when the actual time comes. It's like Festivus, this is the annual Airing of Grievances.

RIP Nelson House.

Just hang out on Woodward the week before or the week after. There are nearly as many cars out but traffic is actually moving. You can also hang out in downtown Royal Oak during the cruise. You can at least park for a reasonable cost, and there are tons of cars to see.

I'm considering riding my bike to check it out, but it looks like it's going to rain Saturday...

Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded.
    -Yogi Berra.

my best ideas are borrowed, the rest are stolen

King James

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    I'm considering riding my bike to check it out, but it looks like it's going to rain Saturday...
    It's supposed to rain this Saturday, but the Dream Cruise is next Saturday.

14) "Anyone whose car is younger than mine shouldn't have been allowed in the cruise!"

Mr. House died at the age of 69, not 70 as earlier reported. But nonetheless, R.I.P.

I thought the dream cruise was a 24/7, 52 weeks a year event. Every time I go on Woodward up that way, there are cruisers. I usually avoid Woodward up that way most of the year because of cruisers. I love classic autos, but this dream cruise worship is a bit much.

14. They raise the price of gas just to get more money out of us. I remember when gasoline was a nickle a gallon, now I pay $100 to fill up my tank just to drive the Dream Cruise!

Ha!Just came back from the "week before dammit those rednecks in their souped-up cars 8 damm days before that suckin' cruise".It was such a nice night for a drive in our merry Oldsmobile.

I'd love to ride a trolley down the middle of Woodward and watch the 'cruisers'. Unfortunately, I don't think it'll happen in my lifetime.

I can't believe grown people sit out in the sun all day just watching cars go by. It's not my idea of entertainment. BTW, the zoo is open on Wednesdays during Aug. for $5 after 5 with music. And on Aug. 26, there is a special event for $8 from 6 - 9pm with music and special features.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    I can't believe grown people sit out in the sun all day just watching cars go by. It's not my idea of entertainment. BTW, the zoo is open on Wednesdays during Aug. for $5 after 5 with music. And on Aug. 26, there is a special event for $8 from 6 - 9pm with music and special features.
    What's the difference than thousands of people going to concert or going to the zoo or to a movie? They are going to enjoy themselves. Cars, it's what built our city, and we should be proud of them. It's the only thing from Detroit [[that I'm aware of ) that is used worldwide and changed our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    14. They raise the price of gas just to get more money out of us. I remember when gasoline was a nickle a gallon, now I pay $100 to fill up my tank just to drive the Dream Cruise!
    $100 bucks to fill your tank? It'd better be more like an M1 Abrams for that price. Even at $3 a gallon [[which the service stations might very well jack it up to gouge us with), you'd be filling a pretty hefty 33+ gallon tank.

People do pee in the bushes and puke everywhere. 100% fact.

Have fun, Lurleen and Cletus. I'm going out of town. Don't forget to brush your tooth.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast