Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Tomorrow Indian restaurant's last day

Thursday, April 30 is the last day of business for Sizzl'n Spice on Monroe across from Compuware. I know not everyone on here loved it, but I'm eating takeout right now from there and it's just as good as always. Beats the frickin' pants off that crap place on 9 Mile, Star of India or whatever it's called.

Actually, does anyone know of any Indian restaurants left in the city? The one on Hancock and Woodward closed a while back, didn't it?

While not in Detroit, per say, Hamtramck has a few.

That's sad about Sizzle and Spice. I love Indian food and there isn't enough of it in Detroit. There are a few Bangladesh places in Hamtramck, I know that's not Indian but the food is very similar. Aladdins on Conant is one of my favorite restaurants around. It is super cheap and no frills. Paper plates, plastic cups, friendly people who work there. I'm vegetarian and they are lots of options if you don't eat meat.