Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Help: Photos needed for Woodward Project

I'm putting together a non profit website to promote urban development along the Woodward corridor from Pontiac to downtown Detroit. I have dozens of pictures that I have taken or licensed, but I need a few more photos to complete the project.

If you have good pictures of the following subjects and are willing to allow me to post them on the Woodward Project, I'd appreciate hearing from you. I'd be happy to share the project with you in advance so you can decide if it's something that you want to support. Please contact me at abasile@youngbasile.com.

The subjects I need are:

Panoramic view of downtown Detroit from the river in daytime.

Crowded city scene of NY [[vertical orientation)

Michigan Ave in Chicago [[street scene or skyline)

View of Chicago skyline from the lake

Picture of Detroit ruin

Picture of suburban McMansion

Vibrant pictures of downtown Detroit / Midtown [[e.g. Comerica Park, WSU, Campus Martius)

Royal Oak street scene with crowds
    The Starbucks at Mack/Woodward

New housing near downtown.

Thank you so much if you can help!

These may be slightly off from what you want, but I've taken these over the years and you are welcome to use them. I can supply much larger sizes if you'd like

Detroit from landside

Detroit - Aerial View - Comerica Park

Detroit - Ground View - Comerica Park

Mich Ave - Chicago

Mich Ave - Chicago

Mich Ave - Chicago
    Last edited by wolverine; August-12-10 at 01:12 AM.

Mich Ave - Chicago

Mich Ave - Chicago

Chicago - Marine Side - Walk at Lunch Mode

Chicago - Landside View - Loop Skyline

Chicago - Landside - Near North Neighborhood skyline

New York - Street Scene - Hell's Kitchen

New York - Street Scene - East Harlem

New York - Street Scene - Harlem

New York - ESB - Midtown Manhattan

Most of my Detroit ruins images are from long ago, I'd need to dig them up.
    I have tens of thousands more New York and Chicago photos in storage. If I find something more relevant I'll post it. Also I live on Michigan Ave in downtown Chicago, so if there's a particular building or corner you need I can always get it on my way to work.
    Last edited by wolverine; August-12-10 at 01:04 AM.

Great pics, Wolverine. What were the big crowds in Chicago celebrating? The Stanley Cup parade?

I hope you guys own those pics, the guy asking for them should know better he is from a trademark/copyright law firm.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I hope you guys own those pics, the guy asking for them should know better he is from a trademark/copyright law firm.
    As if you mean by 'those pics' the ones I posted above. Those are all my own taken over several years. I made this quite clear in my post. Any photo or article posted on this website should always give credit to the original creator, even if that person is yourself.

The big crowds in red are celebrating the Blackhawks stanley cup victory. The other crowd is the holiday parade.
    Last edited by wolverine; August-12-10 at 05:55 PM.