Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Vintage Hi-Fi Repair in Detroit Area?

Any recommendations on a shop that works on vintage Hi-Fi and stereo components?

ABL Electronics in Madison Heights used to do all the Bang & Olufsen stuff when I worked at the store, that's a good place to start. It's not a bargain though.

Try Lip Pan on Chene, south of 94, near Warren Ave. Been around for years, just had a write up in Metro Times.

Alma's in Royal Oak might be able to help. Been owned by the same family for 50+ years, lots of vintage stuff for sale in the used department.

i thought almas closed years ago? or did they just move. if not, it is a great place. bought the first component to my stereo there years ago...

The Dearborn store closed a few years ago. The seemingly endless construction on Michigan Avenue did them in. Royal Oak is still out there.
    They put a full-scale home theatre in my place and did a great job.

Starlit Service Center at 29210 Ryan Rd. in Warren is very good. They did some stereo work for my Father-in-Law and a tuner on my tv. Very reasonable and fair in their assessment of your equipment. Their phone # is [[586) 574-1310

Quote Originally Posted by Warrenite84 View Post
    Starlit Service Center at 29210 Ryan Rd. in Warren is very good. They did some stereo work for my Father-in-Law and a tuner on my tv. Very reasonable and fair in their assessment of your equipment. Their phone # is [[586) 574-1310

They've done some work for me in the past on my TV's. I was satisified. Also, try Pecars in Troy on Rochester Road, north of Big Beaver. When Pecars was in Detroit, my brother used to take his stuff to them for repairs. I know they used to sell high end stuff like MacIntosh receivers. It's too bad that PSIP is no longer with us, he'd know who fixes stereo equipment. RIP, Zen.

Canute Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    Try Lip Pan on Chene, south of 94, near Warren Ave. Been around for years, just had a write up in Metro Times.
    http://www.detroitblog.org/?p=638

Quote Originally Posted by Hornist9 View Post
    try Pecars in Troy on Rochester Road, north of Big Beaver. When Pecars was in Detroit, my brother used to take his stuff to them for repairs. I know they used to sell high end stuff like MacIntosh receivers.
    I used Pecars when they were on 7 mile & 94 I believe?

And have used them when they moved to Rochester. I take all my high end stuff there. I'm a bassist and have my rig [[mostly tube gear) looked after regularly. They are the only ones I trust, even over the place I bought all of it from [[Huber-Breeze) because they are the ultimate in technicians.

There's a guy who lives with his parents out in Livonia, 6 Mile and Farmington area. Has a basement full of old stereos, transistor radios and televisions. I don't have his contact info but the folks at Solo Records used to advertise his services for him, you could try them.

Yeah the guy at Solo Records on Woodward in Berkley is a good resource, he sells repaired stereo components...

Pecar's was on Morang near Cadieux.

14. Default

You could try Gannon, as long as you have years to wait...

This is why Dyes f'ing rocks!! Thanks I was woundering where to go for that stuff too.

Mike at Northern Television on 11 mile in Royal Oak.

Wally at Solo Records on Woodward near 12 or 13 Mile can help. It's over there in that Royal Oak, Berkely, Birmingham, Huntington Woods fusion on Woodward.