Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Hardcore Pawn & Detroit Swat... Why isn't City Council & Mayor jumping up & down?

Here I go again with another dumb question! What/who determines which TV Shows generate all kinds of opposition, while others go by unscathed? Police Chief makes promo, gets fired... Yet Detroit Swat aired tonight? City Council "grilled" producers of Detroit 187, yet Hardcore Pawn, about a Detroit Pawn Shop, is set to air next week? Maybe they hooped & hollered & I missed it?

I love a question that's easy to answer. The people who work at the pawn shop aren't Dave Bing's employees. Private citizens can go ahead and make any damned TV show they please.

The Detroit SWAT episodes I saw were shot a couple of years ago and have been aired several times.

I watched Detroit Gang Squad last night on the National Geographic channel and it was a new episode, maybe even a new show?

when "Animal Cops: Detroit" airs, who are the featured employees?

Michigan Humane Society, private, non-government

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    I watched Detroit Gang Squad last night on the National Geographic channel and it was a new episode, maybe even a new show?
    I watched that show last night also, and it made me very, very happy to be nearly 2,000 miles away from the action.

" City Council "grilled" producers of Detroit 187, yet Hardcore Pawn, about a Detroit Pawn Shop, is set to air next week? Maybe they hooped & hollered & I missed it? "

Maybe they are quiet because they are afraid someone will produce a show called Detroit Clownsil.

They air their own tv show Lowell. I believe it comes on Channel 10.