Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Sorry about your luck Matty.............

Awwwww, my heart goes out to ya Matty Kind of a gamble when you have the support of a Kilpatrick anyways.

http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Moro...888/story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
    Awwwww, my heart goes out to ya Matty Kind of a gamble when you have the support of a Kilpatrick anyways.

http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Moro...888/story.html

And by virtue of her being a Kilpatrick from an individual standpoint means what? What scandals has she ever been caught up in? Why are you all so glad that every single person tied into Kwame and Bernard has met some kind of fate even when there is nothng tying them to them except name and association? Why the political witch hunt?

Now the thing about her support Mr Moron that is the one issue I have had with her. Aside from that, nothing she has done politically sticks out as something to harp on...

Another fun night on the DetroitYes forums. ;-)

LodgeDodger Guest

I'm quite sure Mr. Moroun didn't put all his eggs in one basket.

As far as Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick is concerned, her arrogance disgusted me.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    I'm quite sure Mr. Moroun didn't put all his eggs in one basket.

Which I agree with. But the one thing that disgusts me is that it seems alot of people are revelling in the fact that the entire KIlpatrick Dynasty is falling like a house of cards even if they don't know one thing about them aside from the fact that that they are tied to Kwame...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Which I agree with. But the one thing that disgusts me is that it seems alot of people are revelling in the fact that the entire KIlpatrick Dynasty is falling like a house of cards even if they don't know one thing about them aside from the fact that that they are tied to Kwame...

Well, to be quite honest Detroit Stylin, I couldn't give half a crap about the Kilpatricks. They effect me in absolutly no way what-so-ever. But, there are 60 posts in her "trailing in the polls" thread, that basiclly say get out. Bartock posted this:

1. She hasn't introduced any bills.
    2. She supports Manny Maroun
    3. She flew her family to Africa and S. America, including her then-Mayor son, on federal taxpayers' dimes.
    4. She was under investigation for House ethical violations. Where there's smoke...
    5. I'm not sure that she has ever stepped a foot in Harper Woods. She may have had breakfast in the Pointes once.
    6. I can not think of one tangible thing she has actually obtained funding for that is a direct benefit to those in her district.
    7. She has been trying to take credit for mass transit dollars for several years.
    8. The "y'alls boy" speech is unbefitting of U.S. Representative.
    9. She claims to have brought in $1 billion into the district since the district changed in 2002. Even if true, by my math that is about a $100 a year return on however many thousands we each pay in her 600,000+ people district.

I don't know how much is true, and I don't care. If I had to care, #'s 1, 3 and 4 would be enough for me to want her out. It's Matty I don't like and I hope his dominoes keep falling one after the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
    Well, to be quite honest Detroit Stylin, I couldn't give half a crap about the Kilpatricks. They effect me in absolutly no way what-so-ever. But, there are 60 posts in her "trailing in the polls" thread, that basiclly say get out. Bartock posted this:

1. She hasn't introduced any bills.
    2. She supports Manny Maroun
    3. She flew her family to Africa and S. America, including her then-Mayor son, on federal taxpayers' dimes.
    4. She was under investigation for House ethical violations. Where there's smoke...
    5. I'm not sure that she has ever stepped a foot in Harper Woods. She may have had breakfast in the Pointes once.
    6. I can not think of one tangible thing she has actually obtained funding for that is a direct benefit to those in her district.
    7. She has been trying to take credit for mass transit dollars for several years.
    8. The "y'alls boy" speech is unbefitting of U.S. Representative.
    9. She claims to have brought in $1 billion into the district since the district changed in 2002. Even if true, by my math that is about a $100 a year return on however many thousands we each pay in her 600,000+ people district.

I don't know how much is true, and I don't care. If I had to care, #'s 1, 3 and 4 would be enough for me to want her out. It's Matty I don't like and I hope his dominoes keep falling one after the other.

Which tells me VOLUMES about your character...

LodgeDodger Guest

Kwame's actions tell me that CCK and Bernard instilled some shitty values in their son. Even though she's not yet been charged, I'm quite sure the daughter isn't much better. I fault CCK and Bernard for that.

Kwame's actions tell me that CCK and Bernard instilled some shitty values in their son. Even though she's not yet been charged, I'm quite sure the daughter isn't much better. I fault CCK and Bernard for that.

Eh....for raising him with such priviledge and not instilling the correct ethics in him then I agree with you 100 on that.

stylin', your support for CcK is admirable but, by my lights, unfounded. For example, you keep asking
    What scandals has she ever been caught up in?
    as though it can only be through scandal that an incumbant can be removed from office.

Every two years the voters get to hire a person to represent their views and protect their interests. While being an incumbant gives one an advantage at the polls it doesn't give them a divine right to hold office. What they get for being elected is a two-year job interview. The incumbant get two years to impress and sway the voters. That means for two years you see them around town doing things.

For many years CCK has been rarely seen, but for the last two she has been invisible.

For two years she has had the opportunity to fight for her job and she seemingly thought that such public service was either unnessasary or unwarranted. Holding office is not a divine right. It is earned. She has done nothing to earn the job she was interviewing for.

The whiffs of scandal circling around her are many from her relationship with Lakeshore Engineering and the one million she earmarked for Tom Hardiman to re-hab the Flynn Pavilion is just one example for the freakish stink that halos CCK.

Which tells me VOLUMES about your character...
    So, tell us why you are so sympathetic to the Kilpatricks. So far, your argument has also told us VOLUMES about your character.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    stylin', your support for CcK is admirable but, by my lights, unfounded. For example, you keep asking as though it can only be through scandal that an incumbant can be removed from office.

Every two years the voters get to hire a person to represent their views and protect their interests. While being an incumbant gives one an advantage at the polls it doesn't give them a divine right to hold office. What they get for being elected is a two-year job interview. The incumbant get two years to impress and sway the voters. That means for two years you see them around town doing things.

For many years CCK has been rarely seen, but for the last two she has been invisible.

For two years she has had the opportunity to fight for her job and she seemingly thought that such public service was either unnessasary or unwarranted. Holding office is not a divine right. It is earned. She has done nothing to earn the job she was interviewing for.

The whiffs of scandal circling around her are many from her relationship with Lakeshore Engineering and the one million she earmarked for Tom Hardiman to re-hab the Flynn Pavilion is just one example for the freakish stink that halos CCK.
    Thank you. I was just going to add that.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    stylin', your support for CcK is admirable but, by my lights, unfounded. For example, you keep asking as though it can only be through scandal that an incumbant can be removed from office.

And it should apply to quite a few other politicians as well.

Stylin-

I agree that people shouldn't be lumped in together, but, my word, the gal had to know that her ENTIRE family was milking the cow, so to speak. You really don't expect us to believe that she didn't have a clue about all the thievery, do you?

I believe that knowledge of illegal activities would have considered her a co-conspirator to some degree. She might not have directly contributed to the massive raping that all of them were doing, but she HAD to have some remedial knowledge of their acts. To say anything in her defence would be dishonest and niave.

Sorry, but that is how I see it. After all, Kwame was "them-alls boy"!

Res

Hey, it's one thing to support your family through tough, difficult times, but an entirely different thing to support and enable your family the way the Kilpatrick's did with Kwame. They might've stood up and said something like, "He's our son, we love him and support him, and will see him through his problems", without making any admissions as to his guilt. Instead, they emboldened him and made excuses. Kwame is a thug. The most unfortunate part of this is how it reflects on other politicians and the larger African-American community. There's enough mistrust and prejudice just for starters, and then we get this cast of characters from the Detroit City Administration and Clowncil.

Why are you all so glad that every single person tied into Kwame and Bernard has met some kind of fate even when there is nothng tying them to them except name and association?
    the fact that that they are tied to Kwame...
    That's more than enough reason.

She hasn't been directly implicated .................................................. .. yet.

Remember, the Feds are still digging.

From the article in the OP:

Kilpatrick was reported to have raised more than $512,000 for the race that included over $23,000 in last-minute donations from Moroun, his family and employees, according to the Detroit Free Press. He was her top donor for the campaign and for several previous campaigns.

First elected in 1996, Kilpatrick is a key member of the House Appropriations Committee and has been known to frequently advance Moroun’s interests in Washington.

“She was making decisions on behalf of special interests,” said Basham, who has been a leader in Michigan to win approval for the competing DRIC bridge proposal.
    That alone is reason for her to be investigated and possibly face chaarges.

I think it runs in the family.

If you sleep with dogs, you're bound to get fleas.