Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Hot Fudge Kids' Show

who has at least a dim memory of this locally produced kids show called "Hot Fudge", I forget what station[[s) it aired on back in the 70's, lots of puppet/muppet-type characters, original music and so forth..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    who has at least a dim memory of this locally produced kids show called "Hot Fudge", I forget what station[[s) it aired on back in the 70's, lots of puppet/muppet-type characters, original music and so forth..

Yep I remember that. Used to come on on Sunday mornings....

I remember it too. Ron Coden was on it.

LodgeDodger Guest

I was a fan. I don't recall ever missing a show...

If Im not mistaken it was channel 50...

Hot Fudge, right on, comin' atcha now!

LodgeDodger Guest

Thanks, Hype. The theme song is now stuck in my head.

I thought it was WXYZ [[before Eisner and Mickey Mouse gutted local programming) so I Googled "hot fudge tv show" and came up with:

http://www.hot[[remove)fudge[[remove)show.com [[dunno why, but I had to post it that way)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Fudge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJtiAmPjYDY

and a bunch of others.
    Last edited by goggomobil; August-09-10 at 10:19 PM.

As a kid my brothers and I watched Hot Fudge on channel 7[[WXYZ) every Sunday morning before went to church. Larry Santos was regular cast member on the show as I recall. The only puppet characters that I really remember are Seymore the Monster who spent a lot time with Larry and "The Kaz"a cheap rip off of the Fonz from Happy days.

It's also a lame forum.... DetroitYES is way better.

Holy crape.....Im getting senile. Name did not ring a bell, then I hit the youtube link. Doh....

My oldest was stuck on that show when he was a wee one. Good memory I had forgotten about. Thanks DYes.

Watched that show all the time. Hehe I looked up Ron Coden, he performs at O'mara's Irish Restaurant in Berkley! I gotta check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave70 View Post
    Watched that show all the time. Hehe I looked up Ron Coden, he performs at O'mara's Irish Restaurant in Berkley! I gotta check that out.
    That's right, Dave...Ron Coden is still active, his performance at O'Mara's is a well worth checking out, it's a fun show. He also performs at various other venues around town on a regular basis.

I guess Larry Santos moved to Vegas. I think his studio in Novi closed then, too. Cool cat!

Name that feeling, Name that Feeling, Name that feeling, now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fawRVtwA-Mk

I hate kids TV shows with messages.

WTVS-56 did a show about Hot Fudge. If someone can find it online, it's worth watching.