Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default original pancakes house

I think tthat the Original Pancake House will be a good fit in the former Detroit Breakfast House location. It would make good business in that location.

Completely agree. Their lines are always out the door here. Gotta love the apple pancakes.

Banana pancakes are my weakness!!!!

In somewhat related news, a 22 year old man has assaulted Suzie Pancake, the IHOP mascot - film at eleven!

Haven't been to a OHOP in years..do they still have the huge flap jacks?

Not particularly huge, just large in quantity. The one behind my apartment has ample sidewalk seating. Just imagine a whole bunch of people dining out on Woodward. That'd be really nice.

Yum...Apple Pancakes!

The 49er flapjacks are still plate size and you get a bunch of them. I was happy to discover you can order less than a full order. I get two 49ers plus a side of bacon and still have some to take home to Ginger.

Bring back Uncle John's Pancake house!

Quote Originally Posted by 56packman View Post
    Bring back Uncle John's Pancake house!
    At Kelly/ 9 Mile?

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I think tthat the Original Pancake House will be a good fit in the former Detroit Breakfast House location. It would make good business in that location.
    Agreed.

Give a favorable lease to the owner's of OPH, and a set amount of parking spaces at the underground garage where Hudson's used to be, and BANG! You'll have a successful Downtown Detroit Eatery!

I always have good meal there, the they bacon serve is just great I wish I knew where to buy some that good.

The dutch treat can't be beat. OPH gets my vote for that location, I will personally eat there once a week if they opened one downtown and had free parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    At Kelly/ 9 Mile?
    They had more locations than just that one. I can remember one on 8 Mile near Northland on one on Telegraph near W Chicago or Plymouth. There is still one in Toledo.

STATSU why not investigate this further and see if you can get a franchise?

In Toledo Uncle John's and OPH are right next to each other. In fact, I got confused the first time. The Toledo OPH has more lunch items on the menu than just breakfast food, I believe.....

FYI to anyone who wants local businesses to open downtown, Original Pancake House is a nationwide chain:
    http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/locations.html

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    They had more locations than just that one. I can remember one on 8 Mile near Northland on one on Telegraph near W Chicago or Plymouth. There is still one in Toledo.

STATSU why not investigate this further and see if you can get a franchise?
    DETROITPLANNER I am part of the community. I am not the type to run a franchise. Don't want the headache. When there is a community there are also a business district that meet the demand of that community. I as well as others am the one who throw out the suggestion. A business minded person may look into the franchise, and city PLANNERS are the ones who see if it could happen. Detroit Planner, people who lives in a community always throw out suggestions on what they feel would be good in the community