Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Have the 'Wildings' Returned?

The other night, I heard some commotion outside my friend's new highrise apartment in San Diego, and caught a melee a few blocks away in the middle of the intersection of C Street and 8th...roughly thirty or forty people involved in a mini-riot that went on for about ten or twenty minutes.

Then this news from DC today... http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/081...27.html?hpt=T2 ...regarding punks in the Metro Station causing a big fight.

I saw a few roaming gangs back in the summer of '06, but haven't seen anything like this in years...I'm wondering if anyone else has had experiences similar to these.

Have the wildings come back in these interesting economic times?!

Pingu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    The other night, I heard some commotion outside my friend's new highrise apartment in San Diego, and caught a melee a few blocks away in the middle of the intersection of C Street and 8th...roughly thirty or forty people involved in a mini-riot that went on for about ten or twenty minutes.

Then this news from DC today... http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/081...27.html?hpt=T2 ...regarding punks in the Metro Station causing a big fight.

I saw a few roaming gangs back in the summer of '06, but haven't seen anything like this in years...I'm wondering if anyone else has had experiences similar to these.

Have the wildings come back in these interesting economic times?!
    The definitive wilding was the attack on the Central Park jogger quite a few years ago. On the other hand, a bunch of teens roaming around, stirring it up, "harmless fun", if you will, to me that doesn't rise to the level of a "wilding". Plus, teen violence and mischief seem to peak during the carefree atmosphere of economic boom times. Got the tee-shirt.

It turns out the wildings of the 70's were an urban myth whipped up by the hysterical right wing press. Is this another case of that?