Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Cement farm. Where the heck is it?

Many years ago, while just out for a Sunday cruise to Port Austin, we took a side road and ended up finding the most fascinating cement farm we had ever seen. Now that we would like to go back and peruse their grounds, neither one of us can remember where the heck it was! It was west of Van Dyke and Port Austin was not too far as we zipped up there for a great perch dinner before heading back along Lake Huron and back home. This family had acres and acres of cement statuary. We spent hours on their grounds. Does anyone have any idea where they are located? I tried google satellite thinking I could cruise VanDyke and look for cement statues all over but either I flew right by it or didn't look far enough. Anyone have any ideas of where this place is? Anyone been there, done that?

I don't know about the one in the thumb, but there is this beautiful park near Cement CIty, south of Jackson.

http://www.pbase.com/char/somerset

Quote Originally Posted by SCS_Scooter View Post
    Many years ago, while just out for a Sunday cruise to Port Austin, we took a side road and ended up finding the most fascinating cement farm we had ever seen. Now that we would like to go back and peruse their grounds, neither one of us can remember where the heck it was! It was west of Van Dyke and Port Austin was not too far as we zipped up there for a great perch dinner before heading back along Lake Huron and back home. This family had acres and acres of cement statuary. We spent hours on their grounds. Does anyone have any idea where they are located? I tried google satellite thinking I could cruise VanDyke and look for cement statues all over but either I flew right by it or didn't look far enough. Anyone have any ideas of where this place is? Anyone been there, done that?
    Are you thinking of Grindstone City?

There's a large one south of 26 Mile Rd on the east side of Van Dyke. Save yourself a long trip?

Here.

Found it! It is called Statuary Works on Sebewaing Road in Owendale. This place is awesome. The cement statuary goes on for ever. They sell to the landscaping companies and garden shops and to folks like me looking for something to add to the yard. The picture is looking south on the property. Just think about being surrounded by gnomes, angels, dogs, benches, religious folks, guys holding lanterns...on and on. We spent almost 2 hours looking around again. Another angel for the yard was put in the trunk and off we went to Port Austin for a late lunch. If you look almost in the center of the pic about four rows back there is a lifesize sitting collie. That was last years purchase! [[some have lions on their porch, I have a collie!) A beautiful day for a ride with the top down and the wind in your hair!
    Attachment 7118

Just think about being surrounded by gnomes, angels, dogs, benches, religious folks, guys holding lanterns..
    Sounds like Woodstock.

There's also one like the photograph on Scripps Rd. and M-24 [[Lapeer Rd.) in Orion Twp. Might be even closer for you.