Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default What happens with Reggie Reg?

I know he was a long time dj who ran for Charter Commission [[and won, go figure), but then quickly jumped into this new race for.....I can't remember, was it a House seat?

At any rate, don't you give up your current seat to run for a new seat? And if he didn't win this new seat - what happens now?

I find it interesting that he wanted to be on the CC to make a difference, but then turned around and wanted to leapfrog into another position almost immediately. What's his goal? Just a random question, I know nobody knows but him, I just find it interesting, seems to be the mark of someone looking to rise up quickly on the public dole instead of staying in each position long enough to DO something, build a reputation and then move ahead on your own merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    I know he was a long time dj who ran for Charter Commission [[and won, go figure), but then quickly jumped into this new race for.....I can't remember, was it a House seat?

At any rate, don't you give up your current seat to run for a new seat? And if he didn't win this new seat - what happens now?

I find it interesting that he wanted to be on the CC to make a difference, but then turned around and wanted to leapfrog into another position almost immediately. What's his goal? Just a random question, I know nobody knows but him, I just find it interesting, seems to be the mark of someone looking to rise up quickly on the public dole instead of staying in each position long enough to DO something, build a reputation and then move ahead on your own merit.
    I can answer that. He was running for the State House seat in the 9th district. He lost to Shanelle Jackson. He more than likely will run again since Jackson is term-limited and he will be a familiar name on the ballot in two years. He didn't resign from the Charter Commission so he is still a member at least for the next two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post

It was a paying position the charter commision isn't

Is he still on the radio?

He gave up his radio job to run for Charter - unless he got another one.

So the Commission gig IS just an attempt to vault into the House? Wonder what makes him qualified to serve in the House? I see John Bennett endorses him but I haven't seen anything said about him other than he's a "good guy". Like, how does a dj just wake up one morning and say, "I want a seat in the State House?" lol

If Charter Commission is unpaid, what's the incentive to do the job unless you have another job or working spouse? Is it extremely part time?