Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Monica Conyers Sentence Delay 8/2010

For those who were waiting for the other shoe to drop....well, it has.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...rison-sentence

No big deal. The judge, Cohn should reverse himself and overturn his ruling. Allow Conyers to withdraw her plea so that she can face the numerous charges against her. Thanks to the Sam Riddle trial, there was so much dirt about Conyers that the U.S. attorney would be salivating knowing that they can't lose. 20 years is helluva longer than 37 months. If I was the judge, I would throw out the guilty plea.

She'll never do a day in jail. Bank on it.

Monica, just do it baby! Enough with this, take care of your house and people will treat you better!

? ? ? I thought she plea-bargained guilty. What is there to appeal, or was it a second, separate charge?

I don't know if they have something on Cohn, or if he's going senile, but he usually doesn't play these games.

It is surreal... I say just let her rescind her plea and take the full weight. Then she can argue that and say she wants the first option. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by ct_alum View Post
    She'll never do a day in jail. Bank on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    It is surreal... I say just let her rescind her plea and take the full weight. Then she can argue that and say she wants the first option. LOL!
    I commented that if I was the judge that is exactly what I would done. Rescind her guilty plea and let her face trial. Of course it's nothing more than a game because her lawyer at the time Fishman would have told her that the U.S. Attorney would use her rescinded guilty plea at trial as proof of her guilt.

Good bye Monica. Don't bother to write ok?

Haul her @ss to jail and get on with the rest of the roundup[[Old man Kilpatrick and the rest of the gang that couldn't shoot straight)

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    No big deal. The judge, Cohn should reverse himself and overturn his ruling. Allow Conyers to withdraw her plea so that she can face the numerous charges against her. Thanks to the Sam Riddle trial, there was so much dirt about Conyers that the U.S. attorney would be salivating knowing that they can't lose. 20 years is helluva longer than 37 months. If I was the judge, I would throw out the guilty plea.
    I would laugh if she went to trail and got a setence longer than 37 months.

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    I would laugh if she went to trail and got a setence longer than 37 months.
    If she is allowed to rescind, I betcha that she would get way more time and that just based upon some of the news reported from Sam Riddle's trial. I'm still upset that taxpayers have to pay her legal battles when her husband is working and making a good salary.

Why does she get a choice?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    Why does she get a choice?
    Because she is "doing" the Congressional Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee -- you know the guys charged with overseeing the adminstration of justice within the federal courts.

Exactly! Let her rescind... open that door and go thru it. Slam it behind her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nee View Post
    If she is allowed to rescind, I betcha that she would get way more time and that just based upon some of the news reported from Sam Riddle's trial. I'm still upset that taxpayers have to pay her legal battles when her husband is working and making a good salary.

Any bets on Monica Conyers actually going to prison without a dust up of some sort.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010081...ng-prison-time

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    Good bye Monica. Don't bother to write ok?
    I am sure she will write a book though. In crayon.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Any bets on Monica Conyers actually going to prison without a dust up of some sort.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010081...ng-prison-time
    Rescind your bet like Conyers should rescind her appeal. The government has a document that she and her lawyer reviewed. It stated that once she signed this agreement, she would agree to plead guilty to one count of bribery and that she will not appeal her sentence as long as the judge does not give her more than 60 months.

Conyers tried to weasel out of the deal by acknowledging in open court that she wanted to rescind her guilty plea. In her mind, she was thinking she would try extort a loophole. [[the loophole is rescind the guilty plea, therefore, the 37 months go away and everyone prepares for trial or a deal with a lighter sentence.) I think the judge knows this and that is why she told her to report on 9/10. There are no more excuses to use.

do the time and get it over with. city resources are being sucked by her defense, and her cynical supporters get to insist that she was railroaded to blemish her husband, or to derail her "inevitable" ascent to Mayor someday..

It only took $6K to buy Monica off? Some people come mighty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Amazing, right? Although who knows how many such pay offs there were or are. You aggregate enough of those, and it turns into a tidy sum.

You can bet there was more than 6k. When she does goes to jail, hopefully she'll have a date with Johnny Plunger.

She lowered her price once she took John all the way to the alter!