Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Where is Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson

I didn't notice in this or any article I have read where the Reverand Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson is condemming the behavior of these 6 black youths beating up a blind man for his money.....WTF. If this were 6 white kids beating up a blind black man there would be riots and both of the Reverands here. Hell one was here to pray for a thief of a Mayor who was in prison for his mis deeds.

And then African Americans wonder why it is that white folks sometimes feel like they do......

Blind Man Beaten for his cash

Christine Ferretti / The Detroit News

Mount Clemens -- A legally blind man who was beaten and robbed of his Social Security disability funds Tuesday will be reimbursed this afternoon by community groups that were outraged over the incident.
    Vito Strolis, co-chairman of the Friends of Mount Clemens, said the group will meet at 3 p.m. at the gazebo near Mount Clemens City Hall with victim Daniel Perron to hand him $300 from the Friends and another $300 from the Fraternal Order of Police, Central Macomb Lodge.
    Strolis said the groups stepped up to help Perron after seeing media reports about the attack.

"I had to read the article three times about this man; it upset the heck out of me," he said. "I want this fellow to know ... there are good people here, and we will not tolerate this."
    Perron was attacked by a group of young adults and teenagers around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday while returning from a party store with a money order to pay his rent and the remaining $600 he had left for the month in his pocket.
    Perron said the perpetrators slammed his head into a wrought-iron fence on North River Road near the Gibraltar Trade Center. He was knocked to the ground, kicked in the head and flipped upside down as the crooks robbed him. The group then fled.
    Sheriff officials questioned and released four individuals.
    Capt. John Roberts today said investigators are still seeking additional witnesses and conducting more interviews related to the incident.
    Anyone with information about the attack is asked to call the Macomb County Sheriff Detective Bureau at [[586) 307-9358.
    Donations for Perron are being accepted at Mount Clemens City Hall. There will be a collection envelope near the treasurer's office. All checks must be made payable to Daniel Perron.
    Anyone with questions can call [[586) 469-6818, ext 317.
    cferretti@detnews.com [[586) 468-0343

From The Detroit News:

Who the hell cares??

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are the real life Beavis and Butthead.

Searay, I'm sorry but where in the article does it say anything about the race of the attackers?

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Searay, I'm sorry but where in the article does it say anything about the race of the attackers?
    You’re absolutely right, in every article I could find I does not say, but on the news last night they described them as 6 black youths.....I know the area very well, it is the same general area where a man was beaten at a gas station last year, by black youths. I guess the media is down playing the incident for reasons only they know.

You can donate to this man at the Mt. Clemens city hall......I did!!!

And then White folks wonder why it is that african americans sometimes feel like they do......

Can we dispense with the pretend political correctness? There are millions of Africans who aren't black, and millions of blacks who aren't African or of African descent. Blanket use of the term "African-American" to describe black people is just silly.

I used to work with two gentlemen from Sudan who were most decidedly not black. The one black guy in the office was, in fact, Jamaican.

So until people start also referring to Dave Matthews and Charlize Theron as "African-Americans", blanket use of the term is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Can we dispense with the pretend political correctness? There are millions of Africans who aren't black, and millions of blacks who aren't African or of African descent. Blanket use of the term "African-American" to describe black people is just silly.

I used to work with two gentlemen from Sudan who were most decidedly not black. The one black guy in the office was, in fact, Jamaican.

So until people start also referring to Dave Matthews and Charlize Theron as "African-Americans", blanket use of the term is just ridiculous.
    Yeah, I'm sure the black kids in Mt. Clemens were from Bermuda.

What does this really have to do with Al Sharpton & Jessie Jackson? I'm sure much worse crimes are being committed everyday in Metro Detroit.

I would just suggest that all law abiding citizens get a CCW.

When you start playing the racial game then you get something like this:

http://www.freep.com/article/2010080...-who-are-alone

You must want to be caught!

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    When you start playing the racial game then you get something like this:

http://www.freep.com/article/2010080...-who-are-alone

pix of two of the suspects taken in the party store where the blind man flashed some cash.

I will say it is a tad frustrating in searching news reports on the incident. Very few report a description of the suspects besides saying they are teens. Nothing about height or weight or anything truly descriptive.

In the story licked to by firstandten, the paper reports directly that the suspect is a young white man who feigns helplessness or distress before launching an attack. That is useful information to anyone reading the article. It could be more descriptive but it is a start.

The vast number of news reports on the blind man beating feign they were not provided descriptions of the perps.

Why is that?

I will say it is a tad frustrating in searching news reports on the incident. Very few report a description of the suspects besides saying they are teens. Nothing about height or weight or anything truly descriptive.

In the story licked to by firstandten, the paper reports directly that the suspect is a young white man who feigns helplessness or distress before launching an attack. That is useful information to anyone reading the article. It could be more descriptive but it is a start.

The vast number of news reports on the blind man beating feign they were not provided descriptions of the perps.

Why is that?
    Because jt1 gets all pissed off when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    What does this really have to do with Al Sharpton & Jessie Jackson? I'm sure much worse crimes are being committed everyday in Metro Detroit.

Took my class the other day

Default So true...

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post

Race isnt a issue,,it's all these scum of the earth ass*oles that want something for nothing.The Castle law here in Ky is the best thing they ever passed...

503.055 Use of defensive force regarding dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle -- Exceptions.
    [[1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:
    [[a) The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcibly entering or had unlawfully and forcibly entered a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against that person's will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and
    [[b) The person who uses defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.
    [[2) The presumption set forth in subsection [[1) of this section does not apply if:
    [[a) The person against whom the defensive force is used has the right to be in or is a lawful resident of the dwelling, residence, or vehicle, such as an owner, lessee, or titleholder, and there is not an injunction for protection from domestic violence or a written pretrial supervision order of no contact against that person;
    [[b) The person sought to be removed is a child or grandchild, or is otherwise in the lawful custody or under the lawful guardianship of the person against whom the defensive force is used;
    [[c) The person who uses defensive force is engaged in an unlawful activity or is using the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle to further an unlawful activity; or
    [[d) The person against whom the defensive force is used is a peace officer, as defined in KRS 446.010, who enters or attempts to enter a dwelling, residence, or vehicle in the performance of his or her official duties, and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person entering or attempting to enter was a peace officer.
    [[3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a felony involving the use of force.
    [[4) A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter a person's dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle is presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.
    Effective: July 12, 2006
    History: Created 2006 Ky. Acts ch. 192, sec. 2, effective July 12, 2006.

It's a damn shame that you have to arm yourself today for fear of your love one,,property,for some thugs that is too damn lazy to work for a living...I'm so glad Ky passed that law...

[quote=Searay215;170176]
    And then African Americans wonder why it is that white folks sometimes feel like they do......[quote]

Stipes
    Race isnt a issue,,it's all these scum of the earth ass*oles that want something for nothing.The Castle law here in Ky is the best thing they ever passed

Oh ! but it is according to Searay.

Thats why I posted the link of the white serial killer in Flint targeting defenseless black men.

LMAO. Duh! Everyone knows what race commits most of the violent crime. Pointing these facts out; however, makes one racist. Pathetic.

Everyone knows what race commits most of the violent crime.

Actually, according to the national reporting systems, that isn't quite true. For non-lethal crimes as the one reported in the OP, whites are found to commit more.

Total Rape Robbery Aggravated assault
    White 58.3% 65.2% 41.7% 63.3%
    Black 39.4% 32.2% 56.7% 34.2%
    Native 1.2% 1.2% 0.7% 1.4%
    Asian/PI 1.1% 1.4% 0.9% 1.2%
    This Wikepedia article presents an interesting overview on the reporting of crime in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_an..._United_States
    Last edited by gazhekwe; August-06-10 at 02:57 PM.

Default What so sad....

[quote=firstandten;170601][quote=Searay215;170176]
    And then African Americans wonder why it is that white folks sometimes feel like they do......
    [quote]

Stipes
    Race isnt a issue,,it's all these scum of the earth ass*oles that want something for nothing.The Castle law here in Ky is the best thing they ever passed

Oh ! but it is according to Searay.

Whats going so insane ,,and i truly believe this is coming from the home...If I beat some blind man and my dad would have found out,,he would have freeking beat me to death....Plus if I was to go out killin someone cause he was black,,he would have found out he would have pulled a gun out himself and shoot me...thats the way he was....We all know there are people out there with issues,,but we as a parent have a responsibillity to teach,,I mean WE not the damn schools, we teach our kids whats right and wrong....Back when I went to school I got into trouble 1 time,,playing poker during music class,,and the teacher slapped my ass with this paddle 5 times,,,and sent a note home,,so I got it worst when I got home...I learned my lession...But alot have been forgotton in the home front..Sitting down and talking to your kids and being honest with each other...You gotta teach them about making a living ,,being honest..If you do wrong,,your gonna punch your ticket..Teachin to have a consience ,,,soul and love for a fellow man,,woman,, has alot in life.....I'll never ever go back to the 1960's with race...I was so worried with my child where all the things I been tru..The 1960's..I dont know if anyone on here ever ran home as a child crying their eyes out cause they was made fun cause they looked diffrent....We cant help what color we been born,,,if you was fat,,....Things here in Ky changed alot for the good...I'm glad it's not the 60's anymore.....For my child.........

Stipes,

Seems you're a tad too excited. Slow down and take a breath. Reading your post was like trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle with half the pieces gone.

Chill on the ellipses the ... marks. They aren't dashes. Please use the ENTER or RETURN button on the keyboard to start a new paragraph with each new thought; currently you have so many themes going on it is difficult to follow.

I don't mean to be harsh, nor to be the schoolmarm police; I want to understand your thoughts, and you're making others work too hard by following your own rules of composition.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlivingstonseagull View Post
    LMAO. Duh! Everyone knows what race commits most of the violent crime. Pointing these facts out; however, makes one racist. Pathetic.
    I'll respect your statements once you get facts to back them up. otherwise to me your opinion reeks of one who is a pathetic racist.

Default Thanks Gnome...

Stipes,

Seems you're a tad too excited. Slow down and take a breath. Reading your post was like trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle with half the pieces gone.

Chill on the ellipses the ... marks. They aren't dashes. Please use the ENTER or RETURN button on the keyboard to start a new paragraph with each new thought; currently you have so many themes going on it is difficult to follow.

I don't mean to be harsh, nor to be the schoolmarm police; I want to understand your thoughts, and you're making others work too hard by following your own rules of composition.
    I get excited,,and I'm sorry...Maybe thats something about me too... I might sound like a puzzle,,but once you get to know me,,all the pieces will come together and you'll have a friend for life...

I know it's hard to understand but being from the Ky. Appalachia we are a hard breed to understand...It is like when I took a trip to NYC and my ex wife and me was tryin to find the motel we was lookin for and I asked this man the best route to go to the motel and he said huh?? I asked him again,,and he spoke in his strong ny accent and I said huh??? Instead of my ex wife just tellin him what we wanted to know,, she was translating between us and she was lovin that...LOL!!!I still didnt understand a damn word he said.....LOL!!
    Be patience with me please...You'll get the pieces together soon,,and I hope you enjoy .....Take care and paece and love to you....

Last Updated: August 06. 2010 6:32PM
    Teen brothers arrested in beating of blind man
    Steve Pardo / The Detroit News

Mount Clemens -- Two teenage brothers have been arrested by Macomb County Sheriff's deputies in connection with the beating and robbery of a blind man

The brothers, ages 16 and 17, were arrested today. Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said the pair live near the victim, 50-year-old Daniel Perron, and targeted him for the money.

"They recognized the guy had money, they planned this and they decided to jump him," Hackel said.

Perron, who is legally blind and walks with a cane, was ambushed from behind Tuesday night as he walked along North River Road near the Gibraltar Trade Center. He was returning from a party store at about 6:30 p.m. with a money order to pay rent and $600 he had left to live on for the month when he was attacked.

Perron said his head was slammed into a wrought-iron fence, he was knocked to the ground, kicked in the head and turned upside down as the assailants rifled through his pockets.

Hackel said deputies were made aware of the brothers through the investigation and interviews.

The 16-year-old is being held in the Macomb County Juvenile Justice Center in Mount Clemens. He is expected to have a hearing tomorrow morning. The brother, who will face adult charges, is expected to be arraigned Monday on charges of assault and unarmed robbery.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100806/...#ixzz0vtGJjiOt

Jesse had an affair and a baby while "helping" Clinton through his affair with Monika, how ironic.

Ever notice how Al looks like Ron Jeremy?

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    [IMG]

Ever notice how Al looks like Ron Jeremy?

Those were in the old days. Rev Al is slim and trim nowdays, plus now that the godfather of soul is no longer with us Rev Al can modify that funky hairstyle of his

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast